Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2003, 04:52 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Brand new Airstream owners!

Well after many weeks of reading this site, receiving helpful information from you and searching for an Airstream, we arrived home Sunday with our brand new (slightly used) 2002 25ft Classic!

We are first time RV'ers. Can't believe we towed the Airstream over 800 miles the first time out - we made out just fine and had a lot of fun! We even met a few other Airstream owners in rest stops and waved at a few in passing as well.

We can't wait for our next adventure out. We are looking forward to attending some of the rallies and meeting other Airstreamers.

Thanks again for all the helpful information. I am sure we will have a "few" more questions as time goes along.

Sheila, Howard and Kira (our four-legged girl, who thinks the AS is a neat motel room)
WolfSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 06:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Congratulations Wolfsong,

I hope you have many years of enjoyment from your unit.

We bought ours in February and we have met two really helpful couples with airstreams on our first two outings. Airsteam trailers are sure a good conversation piece, bit expensive but, good.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome aboard Sheila & Howard!

800 miles first time out...WOW! Look forward to meeting you guys at a Rally...the next WBCCI Denver Unit Rally is right in your backyard August 15-17 at Loveland RV Village! We're planning on attending maybe we'll see you there ~

If you need any rally info, let me know, I'll share what I know.

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

I can certainly appreciate your situation. I too bought my first RV, an '85 Sovereign 25', and towed it 1500 miles home. I did have rather considerable experience with large cargo trailers, though, so it was not an entirely new experience. I remember being amazed at how easily the Airstream towed; still am, occasionally.

If you like your 25' Classic half as well as we like ours, you will be well satisfied. We find the size to be just perfect for the kinds of places we go. There is an old saying among boat owners that the perfect boat is three feet longer than whatever you have. That seems to be true among RV'ers as well. But we have not found that to be the case - 25' is just right!

The only thing I don't understand is, if you live in Loveland, why do you ever want to go anywhere else?

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:29 PM   #5
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Well ...

Quote:
The only thing I don't understand is, if you live in Loveland, why do you ever want to go anywhere else?
I lived in Loveland for years (Carter Lake) and moved to Texas 22 years ago. I go where the work is.

I would willingly go back to Loveland, but my (present) wife would not move anywhere north. I stay where the wife is!
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:37 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Have Fun

I know how you feel, I just got my 99 Safari a few weeks ago.

Trade ya!
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
Hi WolfSong, I know you will like your trailer. I think we have the same model sort of probably. Ours was a "leftover" on the lot last October--the 2003s had come out.

We would like to compare notes on your experiences with the coach....do you have twin beds? How are the mattress(es)? Is your water pump noisy? What do you tow with?

As someone said, the only trailer better is 3' longer. I wish we had the 27' but then I would really have tow vehicle problems.

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 04:58 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Hello everyone,

I jut wanted to get back to those of you who posted replies and questions.

Howard and I moved to Loveland in 1986 from the New Orleans area and we truly enjoy living here. Loveland is a great place to live! We also enjoy traveling, as much as our work schedules will allow, and we are looking forward to now being able to do so with our AS.

Congratulations to those of you "new" Airstreamers! Enjoy!! It is exciting.

Our 25' AS has the twin bed configuration, which we wanted just because it seems like it opens the space up more. We have only sleep it in two nights - once at the dealership and once on the way home, but the beds seem very comfortable (we slept very well - it could be however, because we were exhausted!) We don't have any eperience with the water pump so I can't really answer the noise question with any real knowledge (we do hear it when it comes on). Our tow vehicle is a GMC Yukon Denali with a 6.0 liter engine.

Shari, I would like some information on the Loveland Rally! If we can't attend the rally we will try to go out to the site to meet everyone!

BTW- we stayed at the MillCreek RV Park in Paxico, Kansas. It was very lovely - right on the Mill Creek; full shower facilities, etc.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:45 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1997 30' Excella
Waddell , Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfSong
Our tow vehicle is a GMC Yukon Denali with a 6.0 liter engine.
What kind of mileage did you manage with your Yukon while towing?

Thanks,
1997 30' Excella (SOLD)
Steve Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 06:11 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Sheila & Howard ~

I should be getting the next newsletter any day now...it'll have more info on the rally and the registration info. In the meantime, this is what I know:

Date - August 15-17
Location - Loveland RV Village

The reservations are made through the WBCCI Denver Unit as a group so campsite & rally fees will be paid to the Unit. I'm just not sure who the contact is for this rally or what the total fee is. I'll let you know via PM when I find out.

Look forward to meeting you ~

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Ten miles to the gallon!