Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
and bourbon is the perfect past-time whilst analyzing where those leaks are coming from. A comfortable chair is required.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #16
Flying Cloud 27

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Union Hall , Virginia
Sure hate to hear about your troubles ! We're about to embark on a trip west in our 2015 FC 27'. We've done a week last fall with only a couple of issues...guess I'll have to locate AS dealers along the way. Good luck with yours !

Old 03-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Greenback , Tennessee
Hey J. Morgan,

How is that 1/2 ton working for you? I pull a 30 with a 3/4 ton V10 and am thinking of dropping down to a 1/2 ton. Any suggestions?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Full credit to Airstream NW in Portlan. They called me before 9am today to discuss the issues and have me booked in

Great customer service.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Avila Beach , California
Not sure how long you've had your new trailer, but it seems to me that these are simply the shake down bugs that come with all new trailers, sadly to say, even Airstreams. Our list of issues within the first 3 months of ownership was more like a novella than a list (don't get me started) Not trying to minimize your frustration, most of us have been there, but on the other hand, once you get this small stuff worked out, it will be "all good". Ever read the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
"(and it is all small stuff)" it really helps put these things in perspective. I really appreciated Channing's comment "hey, you are in an Airstream", few things could be better than that.
It'll all get fixed, and you'll be down the road enjoying one of the pure pleasures of life...Geez-Louise, I'm sounding more like Polyanna than Logrider.

Good luck and "keep the faith"

"don't let life get in the way of living"
LOGRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #20
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Well at least you are going in with a very clear concise list of a few things rather than one at a time. The dealer is use to these issues and will get you out in no time. Good luck
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #21
Regular Guy

1978 31' Sovereign
Hot Springs , Arkansas
Your worst day in an Airstream is better than your best day at war......
Old 03-24-2015, 08:52 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyCorpsman View Post
Your worst day in an Airstream is better than your best day at war......

Thanks so much for your service.

I always say my worst day camping is better than my best day in the office - but I can't even imagine the comparison you're talking about.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
I agree, it's nice to find out everything early and only have to make one trip to the dealer. I, myself am a big believer in therapy by bourbon.

My father-in-law always says "if the problem can be solved with money, it's not really a problem". My slightly improved version of this says that "if the problem can be solved with Bourbon, then drink bourbon".

Hibby

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 03-24-2015, 10:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I totally agree. We have had our trailer for about 5 months and stayed about 20 nights in it. This is all minor stuff.

we are very happy with Eva the Airstream and would not trade her for any other RV.

I had a small dribble of a leak, another guy parked near us had a "voltage toy hauler 5th wheel" one of the slides leaked so bad on this, his first trip, all the clothes got soaked and he had to put a tarp over the top of his brand new trailer...

He didn't have enough whiskey to get through the night...