Old 04-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'd also just like to add a comment about fuel costs as it is an important one that was brought up. Having towed both the Bambi and the Safari, the gas mileage didn't change at all, it was equally dismal at about 10.5 to 11mpg for either coach. I'm not sure either way if the weight difference (gross) of about 1400lbs made any difference at all. I think it's just wind and the weight in general. Now clearly if I had a 34' unit or a unit that had a weight difference of a few thousand pounds, then perhaps a bigger difference might be realized. In my case though, there was no difference in MPG from what I saw towing our 19' Bambi compared to our 25' Safari. I will admit that at and over $2 a gallon any way you cut it, it's not gonna be pretty.

As for limitiations in places to go based on unit size, it's is for sure gonna happen. So far though, including going RVing as a kid with our 24' Jayco, having been to nearly 40 of the 50 states (and 4 provs in Canada), we have never come into any issues so far...that doesn't mean that they are not out there. I would think that the larger you go, the harder it gets, but again, for every one that can't take larger than a 19', there are 1 or 2 that can, maybe more.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
the Bambi is such a great proportion

They don't look any cuter than that! I don't know if anyone mentioned about heated tanks and duct heating. Do the Bambis have an electric or 12v heater to warm the tanks? Would that be a consideration in cold weather boondocking and battery consumption?

I also remember Paula Ford posting that her CCD bathroom was cold without a heat duct.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:16 PM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
All coaches, except the 22' (which could have changed) had forced air heated tanks. The 22' was the only unit that had the electric heated tanks.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #18
DayStreamer

2001 19' Bambi
Mesa , Arizona
We have an 01 Bambi and love it. I will admit that there are times when more room would be nice. However, its always a trade off between room and ease of towing. My wife and I travel about 10,000 miles/year with two dogs and a cat. We've done a lot of things to maximize the use of space but still have to step over the dogs to reach the bathroom at night. However, having owned travel trailers for many years I can say that this is the easiest towing and most maneuverable trailer we've ever owned. I believe there are many places we've traveled with the 19' that would be a little difficult with something larger. I guess its like someone on this forum said, "you always want the smallest trailer possible when towing and the largest possible when parked". Its always a choice but we do love our Bambi.

02 Avalanche

Mesa Arizona
AIR #5591

grizzy is offline   Reply With Quote