Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2004, 01:27 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Bambi 19'CCD goes in production 7/29, I'm checking my list!

Okay, I hope I didn't forget anything, this is making me nervous! We've ordered this with electric hitch, tire, awning package, external speakers, and extra fan over bed. Our dealer is installing the LCD tv that I chose using swivel arm from AS. I even ordered the custom license plate. Is there anything else to add here?

We're getting the standard am/fm cd changer but I have a question on this. I will use an ipod with audio inputs that can plug into a receiver, but I don't know how I will hook up the ipod with this equipment it comes with.
Is anyone out there doing this with the standard am/fm receiver, and can that easily be changed/upgraded by me in future, and how did you hook up your ipod?

I also would like to know if anyone has a pattern for the wierd shaped bed, as would make extra cover maybe using the blue streak, as the one it comes with is white which is real scary with Ernie our Jack Russell pup...he chews toys in bed!

We're new to this, mostly stay in cabins/condos when we go to Eastern Sierras/ Mammoth area to fish, and can't wait to get it....have read many old postings from tow vehicles to bbq's so lots of info and we're really excited thinking about our first trip (which will be at San Diego Beach sites when the tourists go home) and hope to learn how to use everything.

Many firsts to come, I hope it comes with "airstreams for dummies" as we may need some visuals...would be handy at the dump station! Does it come with a good manual or are there any books/manuals to suggest to newbies?

Thanks again to all, this is a great group with seasoned campers, I'm compiling a "things to bring" list from all your postings!

Barbara
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

Congrats on your new AS. Here's Xray's link about hooking up your iPod.
http://www.airforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=11271
Old 07-28-2004, 01:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
You're in luck~!

Barbara,
As you might imagine, there's literally hundreds (last count was over 250) of add on for the 'IPOD'..
For what you're wanting to do...look this site over..
Belkin
There may well be others out there to search as well..
Good luck on the new unit~!
Have a great time travelin~
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Barbara.

Mahzel Tov on your new 19' CCD. We love ours, and hope you fully enjoy yours for years to come.

A few ideas. You won't regret going with the second Fantastic Fan near the bed. AS should just always install two no matter what.

It has beeen suggested by other forum members that upgrading the AC to 13,500 might be to your liking. I am freon dependent in the summer, and we have the standard 11,000 unit and even on hot days, we are comfortable. But something to consider nontheless.

If we were to order our unit again, I would have the factory install one of these:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...3&skunum=22260

From Camping World. Both sinks, lav and kitchen, are woefully tiny, and almost non-usable. I know that I could come up with a good use for the outside sprayer. This was also discussed on the forum, but I could not find that thread. Maybe someone else knows where it is.

One other thing I would talk to the factory about, is if there is a way they could wire for outside, curbside speakers that run off the main stereo. Just a jack would be great, then you could attach some little speakers to blast Charlie Parker sax solos outside your unit.

It sounds like maybe you got the sound system upgrade with the flat panel tv/lcd, so do check out Xray's thread on that. Other wise if you have just the stock Sony 5000 CD/Am/FM unit, you canpurchase aa Sony XA-300 buslink adapter that allows you to hook up th ipod to the system. This is what we did.

As far as the Itrip accessory for the Ipod, it sort of worked, but not very well, due to all the surrounding metal.

As far as the dump station goes, don't worry about it. In fact, I've made the dump station my friend. Someday I hope to start a business of being dump station host, hand out little vynl gloves, campground monogramed packets of black tank deoderizer, I could even sing songs. Maybe I would have photos of visiters sewer hoses on the wall of my little wooden dump-station welcome center. Man versus poop. Gotta love it!

The fellas with the white jackets are telling me that it is time for my medication.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forums as well.

Jonathan
Old 07-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #5
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Here is the link to the thread on the outdoor shower:

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ower#post91519
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #6
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylev
As far as the dump station goes, don't worry about it. In fact, I've made the dump station my friend. Someday I hope to start a business of being dump station host, hand out little vynl gloves, campground monogramed packets of black tank deoderizer, I could even sing songs. Maybe I would have photos of visiters sewer hoses on the wall of my little wooden dump-station welcome center. Man versus poop. Gotta love it!

The fellas with the white jackets are telling me that it is time for my medication.

Jonathan
Jonathan... I just about lost it when I read this... brings to mind the latrine scene in "No Time for Sergeants"...

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Thanks to all, I got right on the phone and here's the deal on the shower, as I thought it was a great idea. For us we are too late, as unit in production yesterday (a day early!) so no time to change. What I did find out for others in future who want this upgrade, they have only installed one ext shower according to Vickie at AS but not on a 19', tho she wasn't sure on size of other unit having this added. It would have to be configured and drawn in engineering to accomodate plumbing placement and I'm sure that would be a custom price as well, but sounds like they would do it.
What I will look for now is long coiled indoor hose that I can hook to sink faucet and drag outside, this would work to wash the grill at least or clean a stinky fish!

As to the sound upgrade, we were going with factory standard then having dealer install upgrade for us so we can select our own equipment, but we still wanted external speaker option from factory. The problem is they will not do that option unless you select premium sound or entertainment pkg upgrade as well, so we had to add that today. We added the premium sound option so that is what we will hook into with ipod, so will scour through all posts again (thanks for those btw) and hopefully find an easy path to getting this done. I think Xray may have same set up with an ipod as this system has cd changer with powered subwoofer, so will copy his instructions when I get to that point. We are still getting an LCD tv but will select own choice here and dealer will install it using same arm AS uses.
I will want to purchase dvd player also, do I need anything installed from factory such as wiring/outlet to get that installed or can I just plug and play?

BTW Jonathan hope your meds kicked in (lol on that), I'm just glad it's the husbands job...I'll deal with the tech stuff gladly even if I don't know what I'm doing!

Oh, my prozac is 2 glasses of red zin, works great!

Barbara
Old 07-28-2004, 03:55 PM   #8
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Barbara.

I had a couple of more thoughts. You might want to see if AS could install a two step entry, in place of the stock one step.

This may not seem so significant, but two weeks ago I injured my foot and I have to tell you that I wish there was one more step, instead of just the one step. This is especially true when you have to level the curb (door) side of your trailer, raising it further.

I spoke with the factory about replacing my original step with a 2 stepper, but it would have meant alot more work. But it seems possible to do this BEFORE your unit has started production.

Apparently, for the right kind of money, the factory can fulfill reasonable requests. This one I would consider. I don't know how old (or young) you are. I'm 48, but my mind is still 20, and the body fluctuates between 25 to 95 on any given day.

One last thought. See if the factory could install the Camco water pump winterization kit or equivalent for you. This enables you to pump RV antifreeze directly from it's one gallon bottle, dispersing antifreeze throughout the water lines.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...13&skunum=6279

Upon examining my pump connections, the piece of pipe where the winterizer goes is rigid plastic, and I'm not sure how I'll tackle this job yet. If anyone has tried to install this kit on a recent Bambi, I'd like to know, or do I even need this kit???

Wait a minute, your from CA, maybe it does not get as cold as a deep freeze.

Jonathan

P.S. Roger- Your are my best audience. A picture of your sewer hose is the first to go up on my wall, next to the first dollar in the cheap frame that I get from a big tipper.

Jonathan
Old 07-28-2004, 04:00 PM   #9
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
Oops. just saw your post.

Oh well. Let us know how it goes!!

J
Old 07-28-2004, 05:06 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Just called the dealer and he'll call AS on the two step option tomorrow and will get back with me, so thanks for that. Hopefully it can be done and it's not a huge $ add, will let you know. I turned 50 this May and am right there with you on the mind vs body issue, I need to protect every good working limb I can.
That brought to mind a long forgotten painful memory when I was 28 and we just built our our first home. The last step was 4" lower and walking to car with stuff in my arms my brain forgot that extra distance and I snapped the bone in my foot and was in a cast for 3 months. If this can't be done I will be thinking of another solution, even a wooden box, as that could really screw up a fun camping trip! Did they mention a price for this?

No need to winterize here in San Diego but if we sell high/buy low one
day who knows where we'll be, so will ask $.

Maybe you can start a franchise....I would be a big tipper for that service!
Old 07-28-2004, 05:38 PM   #11
LEV ZEPPELIN

Chicago , Illinois
No, AS did not mention a price. Because of what was involved to fit the new steps in after the fact, I did not think to ask.

If cost is prohibitive, a wooden box, or even those left-over Linx Levelers/blocks would help out.

Jonathan
Old 07-28-2004, 07:21 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

"If cost is prohibitive, a wooden box, or even those left-over Linx Levelers/blocks would help out"

Just keeping in mind what a 22' or 25' costs in relation to 19', I know this is creeping up fast! If under 1k would consider, but dealer mentioned there may not be room above wheel well for this so if a custom treatment is required it could be well above this and would leave as is.
It's too bad the 2 step isn't standard, it is much farther from the ground in the pictures and something I didn't take notice of on the lot.

I'm also trying to find the correct length of the dining room table in the 19'ccd, as the AS brochure lists size at 48", but online AS site lists it as 40".
If anyone knows which is correct I would appreciate this info, my knitting machine will mount on this table and I just noticed there are two sizes listed...am hoping for the 48".

Also how do you hightlight a segment in a post you want to reply to...my posts will make more sense in the future...sorry about that!

Thanks again to all,

Barbara