Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Unhappy Bad News...

We just missed out on this beautiful Patriotic SOB

Has been teasing us for months LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sob.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	4640  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Talking And The GOOD NEWS IS...

We are now the proud owners of a Brand New 1969 Vintage Airstream, GlobeTrotter Landyacht.

PS. just fooling with you above... This actually has been sitting out for months just down the road from us.

But this is the real looker - and if we can figure out how to do it we will post the interior pictures in the photo Album as provided by the Sellor.

Her she is GT6921 - have to come up with a name - any ideas - it is her 35th Anniversary this year - and the really big thing both my husband and I remember about that year is of course "A small step for Man - A giant step for Mankind"
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Re: And The GOOD NEWS IS...

Quote:
Originally posted by GT6921
Her she is GT6921 - have to come up with a name - any ideas - it is her 35th Anniversary this year - and the really big thing both my husband and I remember about that year is of course "A small step for Man - A giant step for Mankind"
You could name her "MoonGlow" ...

Very nice .. by the way.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Re: And The GOOD NEWS IS...

Quote:
Originally posted by GT6921
We are now the proud owners of a Brand New 1969 Vintage Airstream, GlobeTrotter Landyacht.

PS. just fooling with you above... This actually has been sitting out for months just down the road from us.

But this is the real looker - and if we can figure out how to do it we will post the interior pictures in the photo Album as provided by the Sellor.

Okay, how about Virgil? After Virgil (Gus) Grissom, the A.C. that lost his life training for Apollo.
Silver Eagle also comes to mind, after the L.M. that was the first to land on the moon? (The Eagle has landed)
Terry
Old 01-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Great Pic..

Very nice looking trailer.. .. now just the waiting.. feel like kids again for Christmas.. Best from Annie and Marvin
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 07:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I've been following you cutting your teeth this week -- so glad it worked out. How soon you driving to pick it up? Hope this ultra-cold fades a bit. Congrats!

Bob & Susie
CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Peter & Sharon -- Your GT6921 callsign is cemented in my head via the saga of your acquisition. You mentioned once about changing it if you managed the purchase and came up with something totally cool to call yourselves. Due to a past glitch Andy changed my original persona and 'Canoe stream' has become me. I don't know that it's all that important to be the 'coolest of the cool' titled when you are trying to blend with all the other millionaire plain folks who enjoy these aluminum castles!!

Go off and join Mick Jagger if you want a cool title....

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 01-29-2004, 08:13 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Thumbs up looks great !

It looks very nice. Can't wait to see the interior photos. Other events from 1969. Woodstock festival, Sesame Street debuts, and it internet went online. Maybe you can find a name from one of these events from 1969. Cookie Monster lived in a aluminum cylinder. And I don't mean to imply that you are a monster, have blue hair or live in a garbage can! LOL I hope you enjoy your 'new AS'
If I remember correctly Jefferson Airplane was at Woodstock. Hope you find a name soon. I've been looking for the right name for ours for awhile now.

whistler
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Kewl, Whistler. Kewl....

Ten Years After -- I'm Going Home
Santana -- Soul Sacrifice
Joe Cocker -- With a Little Help from My Friends
John Sebastian -- I Had a Dream (Airst-dream? Naw - yecch!)
Canned Heat -- Going Up the Country
Jimi Hendrix -- Purple Haze

Lotsa places to start!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 01-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

looks like you were there!

Bob you came back with those groups and songs awful fast, must have been there. I'm sure there is a great name buried in one of those songs.

whistler
Old 01-29-2004, 09:02 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Never named an inanimate object that I can recall.
Although I owned a dog once that was pretty inanimate.

But if I was so inclined and Canadian I'd consider "Dudley" and I'd find me a decal maker who could replicate an image of Mountie DooRight himself. For all I know 69 could have been the first year for the Rocky & Bullwinkle show as well. ?? any one know. IMHO the finest and funniest cartoon show ever produced. Mr. Bill the claymation thing was the next funniest.

Now obviously Whistler will eventually call his/her trailer Mother.
So why put it off.....Whistler's Mutha !
jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:07 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Naww... I made the decision to put my life back together and was 19, living footloose in San Antonio when Woodstock happened. Never heard about it at all.... Nobody could have told me what to do at the time. Trouble was my folks had moved (temporarily) to Minnesota. You see where I still am. It must have worked.

I have the 'Woodstock' original vinyl 2 yards from my computer. I use my Bang & Olufsen like the relic it is. My 21 & 24 y.o. kids have finally learned to put up with me using the LP word. Ahhhh! Joel Lee and 'Goin' Home.' Sounds more like an Argosy name than a 'stream.......

Oh jaco, you're too young. Mutha's of Invention? the Fugs? Natasha & Boris were entertaining me back in... 63? 64 or thereabouts? Who knows?? mmm... a clear sign o' the times! Hah!! Airstreams will have to do for my endorphins now tho.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 01-29-2004, 09:09 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

jaco

that would be the obvious name but
1: My Mom might be upset if I called the AS the same name as her
2: I never done the obvious yet as why start now !!!
but in the end that maybe what I call her (she is a she)

whistler
Old 01-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Cool Too Funny

Well at first I think we were a bit presumtuous going with the GT6921 - as it was the first one we actually asked more than a few questions about - but I quickly used it just so I could see all your fancy photos -to get an idea what you were starting with.

As far as being cool - we can't get any cooler up here at a mean average lately of -25 for southern Ontario - now that is COOL

So now we come to actually naming the new "Yacht" - for those who have never had the pleasure of naming inanimate things - I am English born - and come from the Welsh & Scottish the simple people who like to feel familiar with all their surroundings thus eveything has to have a name - such as their house, boat, Cottage & Caravan.

Our house is called "Chattering Woods" - we live in a forest with over 7 different species of Squirrel - and hundreds of birds - so it is pretty noisy in here.

Our boat is a mystery - she was called Rainbow 1 - as in Rainbow Trout - previous owner - Peter has always called her My Knotty Girls (which unfotunately includes me not sure what he means nuts or the other).

So keep coming with the names as her official "ship-naming" will be February Friday the 13th. But I will only have access to my computer until next Thursday.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:30 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Can't figure out the photo album

I got the first one in - but is will only let me do one at a time -is it magic?

Then when I go back to tray and add more to my gallery - not

I'm too tired so here goes there is only 4 - and the powers to be can move them or delete them as soon as they walk me through the building of said album.

Remember folks this is exactly how it was shown - it is all original inside - so you can see why we were just really exciting about this one. How often can you say well we just started looking last week and this was the first one you liked and bought!

Forward Dinette
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

GT6921

Friday the 13th ? How 'bout Jason !!

whistler
Old 01-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Forward Lounge

Lots of room to have the table out part way and still have a place to put up your legs.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Here's a fun thread that's been quite for awhile...maybe something there will give you an idea ~

Trailer Names

Shari

BTW...I name everything!
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:34 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Gangway to Rear

So you think she is pretty clean?????
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2004, 09:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Streetside Galley

Wow a vintage galley that you could actually see yourself eating at - not like that recent moss baby on e-bay.
Attached Images