Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander17
How do you tell Grizzly scat from Black Bear scat? The Grizzly scat has little bells in it...........
ROFL!!!

Eric I wondered how you got the picture and knew about this. Very good to know we are not totally encapsilized from harm's way and be aware and prepared. Glad your neighbor and dog were not molested. That's a lucky dog. Where did the neighbor retrieve him? I am afraid a larger aggressive dog would have not fared as well. I have heard not to leave dogs in the trucks or cars unattended too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #42
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
My neighbor saw my Airstream and said, do I have a picture and a story for you....so he told me the story and showed me the picture a bit ago and I recalled it and thought it might be something folks would like to see/know about. So I asked him if he would mind if I scanned the pic, posted it and told the story and he said, go for it.

The dog was hanging around the campsite when the returned and ran up to them. What you see in the picture is the hole somewhat blocked off with stuff they had laying around.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #43
Hmmm, where to begin.....

1997 25' Safari
Wasilla , Alaska
You are far more likely to have an encounter with a moose than a bear, simply because they are far more plentiful, and live in the same areas as humans. I have them in my yard on a daily basis, even had a young bull who was feeling frisky attack the lamp post at the end of my driveway. You definitely don't get too close to them, they can be VERY moody!! People are injured every year up hear by bears, but they are almost always either at a good fishing spot, favored by both bears and humans, or they come upon a bear and spook it. A sow with cubs is a totally different story, give her a WIDE path! I can't remember ever hearing of a bear going through a camper, although I do have a friend who was chased out of his tent by a Grizzly coming in for a visit (it now resides on his wall). And yes, don't try to outrun a bear, your not that fast, no one is. Camping up hear just requires one to be alert of there surroudings, take precautions, and listen to those old timers, they usually have some good advice.
FBC72 is offline   Reply With Quote