Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #41
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Wow!
I well come visit where ever I end up.
Congrats.

It will be 10-15 years before I join you.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Two for the road!!

Hooray to you both for embarking on an incredible time of your life, enhanced to perfection with an Airstream! And boy do you have a gorgeous version to play with.
I retired after 25 years of doing a job that I loved, with the luxury of leaving it when the love ran out. Terry, thank goodness, can't imagine not working at what he does, although he does somehow finegal longer and longer vacations... Nothing like being your own boss.
I have the time to plan our trips, gather the neccessities and make reservations as needed. He goads and encourages: "When can we get into Yosemite?" "Should we go to that rally? Sounds like fun!"
It's been a fabulous journey so far, and we send best wishes to the two of you and your pups for the happiest of trails.
Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
My wife, Lynn is 10 years my junior. When I reached 65 we decided we would work until she was 62 and eligible for her SS benefits. Shortly after that I began having health problems that required major surgeries. At 68 and during a year long disabilty leave and 3 of those surgeries (2 new hips and a rebuilt neck) I decided it was time to quit. Lynn was to continue to work but then she suffered a stroke and was 'declared permanently disabled' then was eligible for her SS benefits. I retired on 7/31/06 after 50 years with Macy's. Our combined recoveries have been accelerated with the purchase of our '66 Trade Wind in April '06. Tho neither of us were recovered enough to go anywhere with it but the TW's presence gave us a diversion with some needed upgrades we could perform. In fact before we decided on our new user name we were thinking of 'Silver Therapy'. This year has been wonderfull. We got in 2 rallys and are going to NorCal's LSA Rally in Oct. Plus we have gone on a few camping trips also. It was tragic that Lynn had a stroke but it sure is nice with her sitting along side me in our Buick convertible, top down, with our silver therapy following. But Fresh Air has a more optimistic sound to it. As for retirement...even from a job I liked...I am wondering how I ever had the time for one!
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Neil I am so glad to hear that Fresh Air has been the ticket to bring you and Lynn a wonderful year and keep you busy and well apointed on your trips and rallies. That is one sweet Airstream and tow vehicle too! We hope to enjoy our Airstream and hope it gives us likewise a retirement with plenty to do!

Michelle, Marvin and Annie, and Tom, we will be seeing you at the Can Opener in Florida and can hardly wait. And maybe Pepper48 and Silver Cabin Randy and Pat and moosetags? Donna out West this year? I've pmed you.

This thread is great, we are picking up ideas and getting more excited with each post we read. I see we have lots of company here, some of you retiring just right now or recently too! oh and and lots of you youngsters too wanting to hurry up and grow up and be like us. So we want to thank you all for all the encouragement, tips, and ideas and experiences and wish you great trips and good times right back at you.

Flyfisher I am eating my heart out looking at your pictures. Now that's living, though we don't fish you couldn't have picked a prettier place.

Craftsman your idea involving Airstreams, retirement and fun at the same time sounds very very good, wish you success with that venture and if you need any partners well...er...oh just kidding.

Barry we will try our best to follow your advice too.

This has been fun getting to know each other better. Thanks all!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote