Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
Anyone in Houston inspected this?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the forum here, but I've found y'all to be so nice and helpful.
I'm headed to Del Rio for work for a year and instead of getting an apartment, I'd like to get an Airstream.
So far I've narrowed it down to a Argosy Minuet in Austin that I've gone and inspected. It could use some paint, but otherwise it's pretty structurally sound. The last owner put a bunch of money in it and now it's on a lot.
The other one I'm agonizing over is in Houston and I haven't been able to get out there to see it. I'm stuck working long days here and I have to be in Del Rio by Jan 2, so I don't want to just buy the first thing that's available, but I also don't want to buy the wrong one.
So, before I waste a trip to Houston, has anyone seen this particular AS listed on Craigslist? Airstream Trailer 1972 - 24ft
He sent me a long letter with all the work that's been done to it. It seems a good buy, and I'm sure I would really prefer the extra room since I'll be full-timing in it for a year.
Has anyone seen this? Should I go get it or should I save myself the gas money?
Also, does anyone have any opinion on whether I may be better off in the Argosy down on the Border since it seems like there's a lot of AS being stolen in Texas...

Thank you all for such a great community!
shrimptank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
The Minuet will hold its value...if you plan to resell it...The Airstream looks pretty good and , being larger, is a more comfortable living space. In both cases...awnings and AC is paramount!!! In Del Rio....get a place that is shaded ...particularly on the West side.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
So if I plan to re-sell it again after my year is over I should go with the Argosy?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
I went to Houston last night, and I fell in love with her! She's going to take some work, but she's ready to move into. She just needs some love to make her all new again.
She's coming back to San Antonio on Sunday, and then we head to Del Rio on Jan 1st.
I'm so excited!