Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #81
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Savannah , Georgia
My girlfriend and I are 26 and 27, just quit our "steady" jobs and are hitting the road. She's a jewelry designer, I'm a writer. Looking to get a 74 Land Yacht any day now....
Jacob80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #82
2 Rivet Member

Fort McMurray , Canada
We are young-er. I am 29 and my boyfriend the big 4-0. We are in Northern Alberta and would love to know if there are any others from the region??? We anticipate getting out quite often this summer amidst our house building....
a-wanabbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #83
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob80
My girlfriend and I are 26 and 27, just quit our "steady" jobs and are hitting the road. She's a jewelry designer, I'm a writer. Looking to get a 74 Land Yacht any day now....
Welcome to the Forums Jacob80! Young or old you will find lots of friends and plenty of info to go around!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #84

Currently Looking...
Santa Barbara , California
My husband and I are both 40-something, but have a 3 year old so feel pretty young (hanging out at Disneyland and Chuck E. Cheese will do that to you!) We tend to hang out with people of all ages (20's-70's)-let me tell you, I know some 60-70 year olds that are way more "young" and "fun" and "cool" (and can swim/hike/bike under the table) many of my sedentary 20-something cousins in Eastern MT where I grew up! So I am a firm believer that age is all a state of mind!

We're out here on the "Left Coast" and would love to find a 60's/early 70's small (16-20 ft.) Airstream to fix up. We would take a new one if it was in our price range of around $5,000 too (ha, ha) It would then be taken to all of the coolest places, like the Burningman Festival, The Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Jackson Hole,WY where I used to live, the High Sierra Music Festival, Lightning in a Bottle, Moab, Bryce Canyon/ Glacier/ Rocky mountain/ Yosemite /Sequoia/ Crater Lakes/ Olympia/ Yellowstone National Parks etc. in what spare time we can scare up (we manage to do it a lot!). Rallies sound like a lot of fun too-especially in some gorgeous location previously mentioned!

Tent camping kind of loses it's charm once you have a baby...especially in the rain! We tried the vintage pop-up thing, but it takes the 2 of us 20 min. or so to set that up and during that time our now 3 year old is performing death-defying stunts while we are otherwise occupied!
the_poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #85
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Bend , Oregon
Yep -- 30's here

My fiance and I are in our early-mid-thirties and just purchased a 25' International ccd. We had a ton of fun justifying the cost of our purchase in part because we have chosen not to have kids. Therefore, kids would be so much more expensive, so now we have the trailer guilt free.

While camping in tents over the years I have found there to be no importance to age, only to spirit. One of my best friends is 88 and still travels with his Avion -- he is a hoot!

You should meet the 27 year old teacher I work with -- what an old woman on the inside!

Hope to see you on the road.
Sparkygus is offline   Reply With Quote