Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Dillon , Colorado
41, and 44 with 3 boys ages 9, and 14. We're just starting our 2cd. year with the Airstream, and have a lot planned already. It is nice when we go to a campground, and find people in our age group with kids. There usually aren't many there. I've never been to a rally, but would like to check one out sometime. Since we both work, and like to plan our vacations around visiting national parks, and such it makes long trips few, and far between. We're lucky to live where we do which makes it easy to get in a lot of weekend get aways to so many nice campgrounds in the mountains. Going to a rally very far away, or for more then a long weekend would be difficult.

Charlie

Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #58
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacerized
41, and 44 with 3 boys ages 9, and 14. We're just starting our 2cd. year with the Airstream, and have a lot planned already. It is nice when we go to a campground, and find people in our age group with kids. There usually aren't many there. I've never been to a rally, but would like to check one out sometime. Since we both work, and like to plan our vacations around visiting national parks, and such it makes long trips few, and far between. We're lucky to live where we do which makes it easy to get in a lot of weekend get aways to so many nice campgrounds in the mountains. Going to a rally very far away, or for more then a long weekend would be difficult.

Charlie
We're in the same situation for rallies, but we have been to a couple sans Airstream and a one with and looking forward to our second with Airstream, but they are all two day trips for us. Kids have had a fairly good time so far, though. Looking forward to more.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
I echo the sentiment of some of the others. We are in our later 50's with 6 grown kids that we took tent camping, popup, hybrid and then the pinnacle of the AS. I work full time but have the luxury of taking off all the time I like, especially if I have internet and cell phone capability (I normally work from home).

Looking at the pictures of some of the rallies makes me think we might be too young for them. I guess I hate to admit I am getting to where others don't want to hang with me because I am too old

My wife is very shy and meeting new people is hard for her. When we hit an RV park, we usually do so with another couple in a SOB, go out to dinner and lunch and daytrip. On our own, we boondock by ourselves.

Maybe someone can give me some compelling reasons to join the WBICC as this group in NorCal seems nice.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by altamont
I echo the sentiment of some of the others. We are in our later 50's with 6 grown kids that we took tent camping, popup, hybrid and then the pinnacle of the AS. I work full time but have the luxury of taking off all the time I like, especially if I have internet and cell phone capability (I normally work from home).

Looking at the pictures of some of the rallies makes me think we might be too young for them. I guess I hate to admit I am getting to where others don't want to hang with me because I am too old

My wife is very shy and meeting new people is hard for her. When we hit an RV park, we usually do so with another couple in a SOB, go out to dinner and lunch and daytrip. On our own, we boondock by ourselves.

Maybe someone can give me some compelling reasons to join the WBICC as this group in NorCal seems nice.
Why don't you contact lhlarsen on this forum, he is a member of the Northern California WBCCI unit. He will be able to answer all of your questions and let you know about the rallies they have planned. He is in Walnut Creek, not too far away from you.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by altamont

Please come join us at Casini Ranch the last weekend of April! Your wife will be 'embraced' immediately and you'll both add to our growing family!
Our NorCal group is all inclusive, ages from 30's to ahem, ...I think but I'm not sure ...late 60's ...only because some retirees...?? but then I'm kinda retired, but not really...and I'm 55. There are families, couples, singles...I think we're rounding out quite nicely! We have a 7' cowboy, firefighters, court clerks, lawyers, artists, ex secret military spud launchers and chef wannabees you name it...all make for great fun. There's some talk of making an official Wally Club, but be assured it won't be a typical one...I think we're rebels!~ we don't go to bed at 8:00pm!

http://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
I was actually looking at eh Casini Ranch outing as it looked like a good size group and a nice area. Unfortunately (or fortunately), my son-in-law is graduating from college that weekend so we have to go to that. I was thinking about the French Camp outing but nobody signed up to go.

I will try and get our lives in order to make some outing this spring/summer. Can we just show up for the Friday and Saturday nights as getting too many days off is tough with my travel schedule
Old 03-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
"Any younger couples in this forum? I know, I know..you are only as old as you act and feel, but on a serious note I have noticed that there is a shortage of 20-30 year olds catching the A/S bug. My wife and I being 24 and 29 respectively would like to eventually going to rallies, but due to the distance away from home, and the length of the rally it makes it difficult with working schedule (Especially military). Is there anyone interested in trying to create a group for the working younger family who may or not have small children?
Just a thought, and meaning no disrespect to anyone outside the age range listed. SM"

We feel the same way - we're in our VERY early 30's!!
Unfortunately, we live too far but hopefully someone will start that club and we'll all join.

In the meantime I highly reccomend the New England Unit for folks on the East coast!! They're all young at heart, working and lots of fun!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of moving up there just to Airstream morewith such great folks
Old 03-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMILI
In the meantime I highly reccomend the New England Unit for folks on the East coast!! They're all young at heart, working and lots of fun!!!!!!!!!

Thinking of moving up there just to Airstream morewith such great folks
Where do I send the check?

Thanks Kimili, the NEU is a wicked fun group, even if I do say so myself.

Hope to see you guys at a rally our two this year!

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Today March 9, 2006 is the 30th anniversary of my 39th birthday. I believe that this will be my last year of adolesence. Next year I will begin being a grown up.....
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Well, Happy 30th Anniversary of your 39th birthday Neil!!!..cheers to you and hope you have another 30th Anniversary of your 39th birthday..
Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
38 and 44 with a wee one on the way in days. We have found that forum rallies are usually full of young and young at hearts with lots of vintage trailers and loads of good food. (it really is all about the food) NEU actively caters to people with families with activities for ALL ages. You just have to go and check out different rallies in your vicinity and see who is there.

Kathleen
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #68
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
We are 50 and 54 and have been to 5 get togethers (rallys and notreallyrallyrallys) with Forums folks in the past two years. Some were even WBCCI members, although we are not, and age has never been an issue. There were couples with kids as young as 1 or 2 and couples with grandchildren. It has always been about friendship, having a good time, and of course, all that beautiful aluminum.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
38 and 44 with a wee one on the way in days. We have found that forum rallies are usually full of young and young at hearts with lots of vintage trailers and loads of good food. (it really is all about the food) NEU actively caters to people with families with activities for ALL ages. You just have to go and check out different rallies in your vicinity and see who is there.

Kathleen
congradulations on the wee one...
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #70
1 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Cherokee , Kansas
My wife is 34 and I'm 38 (but she says I act like an 18 yr old). We have 3 young boys who all love to camp. Planning on making the maiden voyage in the Airstream when we go to the NASCAR race in Dallas next month. Boy, I have a lot of work to do!