Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #15
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Talked to him on the phone. Takes time out of his day and helps anyone who will take it. Would love to sit down and pick his brain about Airstreams.

Andy R is a Wonderful asset to this site.

SHane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Andy,

Thanks from a new guy here. I see you are passionate about your life with the AS and it shows.

Happy trails to you.

GCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Louisville , United States
Andy's DA MAN!! Many thanks for his excellent advise--he responded to me when brand new to this and got me going in the right and safe direction. I commend him for his spirit of community service, selfless interest in others and their safety, and passion for helping people.
SSChanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
It's nice to find someone who does out of their way to help a stranger. (Here on Airforums, they don't get any stanger.) Andy helps out on his days off. If he doesn't have the answer, he gets back to you as soon as he gets back to the office. Atta boy Andy! Woo-Hoo.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
Andy

When I was preparing to order my new Airstream trailer in the spring of 2007 I had absolutely no prior trailing experience. Luckily I found Andy Rogozinski's post on the Airstream forum and found the answers to many of my questions. I PM Andy several times with weight distribution hitch questions he always responded and explained in terms that this novice could understand. He was very through in his analysis with follow up question about what kind of truck I going tow with and what kind of suspension package it would be equipped with. After all this free advise I offered to order the hitch from his company. He told me to buy it locally because I would save on freight cost, and also by purchasing from a experienced local dealer I would get the installation optimized to my truck and trailer. Having no desire to install the hitch myself I followed his advise. In the 19,000 miles I have towed the trailer I have never had cause to regret following Andy's advise!
More recently I had the pleasure of having an information packed conversation with him when I ordered Centramatic Balancers for my trailer.
Finely where else can you get a solution to the problem inadvertent locking of an Airstream door for the price of a return envelope and two postage stamps?
All my contacts with Andy have convinced me he is good guy and a real Gentleman.

20' 2008 Safari SE, Dill TPMS Silver Dog House
2007 GMC 1/2 ton Sierra ARE Cap
AIR # 10494
reddogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Appreciation

I wish to thank all of you for taking the time to say "thank you".

I can only add, "your welcome".

Helping others to enjoy at least some parts of life along with their Airstream products, brings smiles to my heart.

Some friends say I should retire.

And I say "why".

What I do, helps keeping me young, in more ways than I can count.

Together, we continue then to go "onward" so that we both have it "made in the shade", oops, I mean in an Airstream.

Life, does have it's rewards.

Thanks again to all, and the kind words, too.

Andy
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Dog Nite View Post
It's nice to find someone who does out of their way to help a stranger. (Here on Airforums, they don't get any stanger.) Andy helps out on his days off. If he doesn't have the answer, he gets back to you as soon as he gets back to the office. Atta boy Andy! Woo-Hoo.

Ricky
Well said, Ricky. Hard to say how many times I've read Andy's advice given to us on a Sunday. Thanks for your dedication and knowledge sharing Andy!!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
I wish to thank all of you for taking the time to say "thank you".

I can only add, "your welcome".

Helping others to enjoy at least some parts of life along with their Airstream products, brings smiles to my heart.

Some friends say I should retire.

And I say "why".

What I do, helps keeping me young, in more ways than I can count.

Together, we continue then to go "onward" so that we both have it "made in the shade", oops, I mean in an Airstream.

Life, does have it's rewards.

Thanks again to all, and the kind words, too.

Andy
Andy.....please don't ever retire.....you can stay here as long as you like
Old 03-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

I was told a while back that Andy apparently did something that offended somebody in charge of the Airstream site. I have no idea what it was or who it was that objected and banned Andy....at least for a while I guess. If Andy put his foot in it he is surely not the first among us to do that. But I echo all the sentiments expressed above. Andy has DIRECTLY save me time and money with his advice.....all based on his personal experience. If I didn't say it before-and I'm sure I did- thank you Andy.
W.W.Wiley MN and AZ
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
I know Andy has rubbed a few folks the wrong way, but I've enjoyed his knowledge, passion and sense of humor. He shares his information (and opinions) freely. He's bring a wealth of experience to the forums. It's a voice I would miss if it were gone. Thanks, Andy.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2007 28' International CCD
West Hollywood , California
Count me in.

I've been enjoying my airstream life (fulltime!) and solving many obstacles and issues for the past few years because of the THOROUGH and VALUABLE information from this forum. I feel immense gratitude to Inland Andy and few other prolific members who are active in this forum.

Arigato.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewrecker View Post
Just thought like mentioning what each of us already know.
What would this forum do without Andy?
For one, there would be many old airstreams parked out back, rotting.
I am glad that you beat me to it and brought this up. I do not know about problems between Forums and Andy. I am not sure that I want to know. The point which I like to bring up is quite simple. OUR DAY TO DAY EXPERIENCE PLAYS ITS PART BY OVERLAPPING OUR YESTERDAY'S KNOWLEDGE. Andy's success is most likely a result of it, along with his willingness to take time from his business and share his experience with others who are in need of it, free of charge. However, that time is not free to him. It is only natural for Andy to expect that the person he has helped, would purchase related item from him. Every time I have sent PM to Andy with a question I always got instant answer without a hint of demanding that I buy it from him. Mentioning that he has the item, is not considered as demand to purchase it from him. If he was kind enough to help you without a charge, you should reciprocate and purchase that item from him because one hand washes the other. If Andy ever got short with anyone I can understand how it may have happened.

I have owned and operated my own boat business for over four decades. I have two engineering degrees in my field. For eight years I have served as the Head of National Service and Warranty Departments for marine engine manufacturer. While I have enough credentials and past achievements to be considered an expert by that manufacturer, to some I am considered an idiot after I answer their question. Those people we refer to are the self appointed experts. Why is it that people who know everything ask questions? They are not looking for answers but reasons to argue. Remember this, there is nothing in this world that man has made which cannot be improved upon. The ORIGINAL design is not always perfect. This is why we have redesigned models, revised Service Manuals and so on. It is in field and hands on experience, which bails out the engineer who had everything so perfect on the paper. If every engineer had to build a prototype with his own hands, most likely changes and revisions would be minimal. The only real test left would be a test of time.

However successful my business is, it is not all because of advertising. It is because through the years I have taken time from earning my living and offered my advice for free to those in need. I have build a service entity where no one can take my one time customer away from me ever. Then again, there are those which cannot be won by any means, even if you did the repair for free, because you did not follow their expert instructions. Instead of replacing spark plugs as they requested, you cleaned out plugged up carburetor. It is very upsetting to us in the field, when we take time from our business and offer free of charge 100% accurate advice, to be told 15 minutes later that we do not know what we are talking about. Then there are others who hammer us constantly for advice. However, they never ever purchase anything from us. They buy on line often spending much more than they would spend on that item with us. If you think that it is easy for us to swallow, think again. If a self anointed expert gives himself right to be upset over differences in opinion, think of how those with decades of hands on experience in the field feel about it. If I ask one for advise, it automatically means that I value his expertise for one. If I have difficulties accepting his advice I will make every attempt to see it his way and try to uncover possible hidden reasons for his line of thinking. But most of all I will thank him for sharing his experience, rather than give him a argument even if it is unacceptable to me after reasoning with all related possibilities. Thanks, "Boatdoc"
Old 03-10-2010, 06:13 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Andy R.

If Andy says it, you can take it to the bank! Sal & Noreen
Old 03-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #28
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Talked to him on the phone. Takes time out of his day and helps anyone who will take it. Would love to sit down and pick his brain about Airstreams.

Andy R is a Wonderful asset to this site.

SHane
Just an FYI for the new members. There is another "Andy R" on this forum...in fact that is his forum name. He is the founder of the Airforums.com and is just as stand-up as Andy Rogozinsky.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote