Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2002, 09:53 AM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Smile An Airstream Xmas

The wife and kids took my hints and gave some stuff I can and will use in the Airstream.

My wife gave me 4 neat Marble Canyon cups that match my Airstream dishes. She gave me two neat lexan wine glasses from REI. The stems of the wine glasses unscrew and nest in the tops so that they stow nicely in the trailer and take very little space. Unbreakable, of course. She also gave me a neat hand-turned wood wine stopper.

The cups don't nest because of the handles. Right now, in my shop, I'm making a rack for the end of the galley cabinet that will hold the four cups and the wine stopper. The rack is all cut and sanded and waiting for the Galaxy Graphite laminate that I have on order at Home Depot. There is a big empty space at the ends of the overhead cabinets at the rear curbside corner of the galley and the rack will br mounted there. I'll post a photo when it is complete.

Step daughter gave me a "Quick Vise", a neat plastic vise that can be used in the trailer or in the house. It just clamps temporarily to any table.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 05:10 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Thumbs up Sounds like you did okay!

One of the nice things about being a new Airstreamer is that now people can think of all kinds of neat stuff to get us on special occasions. I had totally run out of things to buy from Pampered Chef and Tupperware parties. Heck, now it's like I'm starting all over setting up housekeeping again!

Good luck with the wine glass holder. Sounds like a great idea!

Cherie
KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 04:37 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Hey, I don't even own an Airstream and my most favorite Christmas gift was the Pottery Barn replica of the 1953 Flying Cloud Airstream trailer that my daughter and family gave me, which now adorns my desk!
I know what you mean, Kentucky Girl - all the stuff we used in our tent for 32 years doesn't go well with the motorhome, so it is fun getting new "junk" for it. Happy New Year to all.
Hubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 07:13 PM   #4
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Pottery Barn Sale

The PB has the vintage Airstream on sale right now for $34.99. Web site is 'potterybarn.com'. Nice looking rig. I'm thinking of cutting out the windows and adding frosted glass windows with interior lights.

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 08:48 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Lucky You...

Well U did do WELL...All I got was a bag of mixed NUTS, a bunch of bananas, and some sour satsumas...I got fed too...got a spell-checker, realy good if U r a professor, or it's Yr turn 4 the brain cell...never got a AIRSTREAM either...BUT...
...I had a great time in FLORIDA, a few weeks ago...that was my xmas pressy...HAPPY HOLIDAYS...Chris.....
Old 12-29-2002, 09:22 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Cool Hey, flyfshr!

I just noticed your Azatar (sp?) and just have to tell you that I recently spoted (and photographed) a 1959 Trade Wind A/S that has been sitting down by a riverbed for the last 30+ years. I posted about it recently because I was kind of excited about finding it. Then I came to realize that it has been there through a few floods, so I doubt anything in it is salvageable. But perhaps some of the parts could be used, if you have any need for extras. I'm on the trail of who owns it, and would be glad to give you directions, etc. if you have any interest. I'll attach one of the photos I snapped.

Cherie
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2002, 09:45 AM   #7
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I am VERY interested in seeing any other photos you have of this unit. Send or post them all. Thanks for mentioning it. I could use some parts, always looking

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:18 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Brad, here's the link...

to the album I posted earlier. It contains every picture I took that was at all viewable. Hope this works:

1959 Airstream

Cherie
Old 12-29-2002, 10:36 AM   #9
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks Cherie...

now I'm even more interested in the thing. Keep me posted on your progress of tracking down the owner. Thanks again.

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:58 PM   #10
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Cherie,
Did you get my PM (private message) about the '59 Trade Wind?

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:57 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Unhappy No, I didn't...

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfshr
Cherie,
Did you get my PM (private message) about the '59 Trade Wind?

Brad
No PM showed up yet. I'll try sending you one and see what happens.

Cherie
Old 12-30-2002, 07:04 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
As for me, I received a Sears Craftsman Rivet gun (#974749). I saw Brett's at Thanksgiving. It really helped my wife that I memorized the item number and repeated it over and over and over between Thanksgiving and Christmas. How'd she know I wanted that?

I also bought a present for "Jellybean III", a step carpet cover. I put it under the tree and wrote "Jellybean III" on the gift tag. The money pit truely is part of the family.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 07:15 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
"Maxwell" got one of those "fancy" jack plates...although it only cost me $50, not the Neiman Marcus version @ $500+...sorry Max!

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:33 PM   #14
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
The "Silver Twinkie" got an Endless Breeze 12 volt fan made by the same folks as the Fantastic Vent. Works great but will work even better this summer.

Brad

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #15
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
New Years Present to Myself

Quote:
Hey, I don't even own an Airstream and my most favorite Christmas gift was the Pottery Barn replica of the 1953 Flying Cloud Airstream trailer that my daughter and family gave me, which now adorns my desk!
I couldn't resist the sale price of $35, so I just ordered one for myself.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
Our Christmas was Airstream-focused as well......

My wife, Sherry, has had a ball adding a somewhat tropical/jungle-decor theme to our 31' Sovereign. She earlier made pillow cases for the livingroom (forward) couch that have a parrot theme. She once told me she always liked neon. I found a neon parrot in multiple colors via E-Bay, and ordered it as a Christmas present for her. Hey, we are in our mid-50's - it takes less to amuse one-another! Regardless, the sign is about 28 inches long and 14 inches wide, and centered in a heavy-grade plastic frame. All you do is plug it in. I put some hooks on the inside of the wooden window valise so we can hang the sign with the neon pointing out the large door-side window when parked. The trailer has subsequently been dubbed the "Parrot Inn" and the theme-related refurbishing has taken on a new life. The neon gives off a warm multi-colored light in otherwise dark campgrounds. Relatives gave us some relatively-cheap kletsch-y
junk for Christmas to augment our theme. We camped at beautiful Georgia Veterans' State Park (near Cordele, Georgia, and on Lake Blackshear) for three nights, to include New Year's Eve. We were the only Airstream owners in the park, other than the Campground hosts, who owned a beautiful 36' Airstream coach (I failed to get their names, but they are fulltimers from Ohio and were hosts for their fourth year running). We had several visitors come by to see the trailer. I think the neon drew them likes moths to a flame. It rained hard on New year's Eve, but we were high and dry inside - listening to rain on a metal roof, sipping a little cheap Champagne, and happy as two older kids could possibly be. Happy New Year!
joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Talking Hey, Joe!

You know all those people who were clamouring to your door after you put up that parrot...they were most likely Jimmy Buffett groupies! He's HUGE in the Cincinnati area, you know.

Cherie
Old 01-07-2003, 07:35 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
Buffett is huge in South Georgia as well.......

Never thought of that. Old Airstreams, Jimmie Buffett........boy are we dating ourselves!
joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote