Old 12-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
New Years Present to Myself

Hey, I don't even own an Airstream and my most favorite Christmas gift was the Pottery Barn replica of the 1953 Flying Cloud Airstream trailer that my daughter and family gave me, which now adorns my desk!
I couldn't resist the sale price of $35, so I just ordered one for myself.

John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
Our Christmas was Airstream-focused as well......

My wife, Sherry, has had a ball adding a somewhat tropical/jungle-decor theme to our 31' Sovereign. She earlier made pillow cases for the livingroom (forward) couch that have a parrot theme. She once told me she always liked neon. I found a neon parrot in multiple colors via E-Bay, and ordered it as a Christmas present for her. Hey, we are in our mid-50's - it takes less to amuse one-another! Regardless, the sign is about 28 inches long and 14 inches wide, and centered in a heavy-grade plastic frame. All you do is plug it in. I put some hooks on the inside of the wooden window valise so we can hang the sign with the neon pointing out the large door-side window when parked. The trailer has subsequently been dubbed the "Parrot Inn" and the theme-related refurbishing has taken on a new life. The neon gives off a warm multi-colored light in otherwise dark campgrounds. Relatives gave us some relatively-cheap kletsch-y
junk for Christmas to augment our theme. We camped at beautiful Georgia Veterans' State Park (near Cordele, Georgia, and on Lake Blackshear) for three nights, to include New Year's Eve. We were the only Airstream owners in the park, other than the Campground hosts, who owned a beautiful 36' Airstream coach (I failed to get their names, but they are fulltimers from Ohio and were hosts for their fourth year running). We had several visitors come by to see the trailer. I think the neon drew them likes moths to a flame. It rained hard on New year's Eve, but we were high and dry inside - listening to rain on a metal roof, sipping a little cheap Champagne, and happy as two older kids could possibly be. Happy New Year!

joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Talking Hey, Joe!

You know all those people who were clamouring to your door after you put up that parrot...they were most likely Jimmy Buffett groupies! He's HUGE in the Cincinnati area, you know.

KY Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:35 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1986 31' Sovereign
Lenox , Georgia
Buffett is huge in South Georgia as well.......

Never thought of that. Old Airstreams, Jimmie Buffett........boy are we dating ourselves!

joe hall is offline   Reply With Quote