Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Talking Ambassador

So the wife and I are just doing our nightly ritual of browsing through the various A/S classifieds and auctions looking for something in our region when lo and behold, there she was on Ebay, twice as long as we wanted, 1.5 times heavier than we should have gotten, in 4x better shape than we expected and about 1/3 of the price we had expected to find with all original appliances, in complete working order. Oh and somehow, it happenned to be 15 miles from our house. What the heck. We bought a 1961 Ambassador LY.

Is it explainable? Not really. But we plan on spending all fall and winter remodeling and perfecting our new silver star.

I just wanted to thank everyone on these boards. We have never posted here before, but we have been reading the boards here, planning our mission for quite some time. I think we fell prey to a slight impulse by buying a much larger unit than we originally intended, but it is waaay nice. and somehow, I feel relieved to have taken that first step.

Good day,

Joaks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airstream.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	3351  
joaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Well...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!

Now the fun begins! Enjoy ~

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Nice unit! You'll have a ton of fun with that one!

We're looking forward to having you be part of the gang here!

-Don
drboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:05 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
I remember seeing the ad for that one. Sounded nice from the discription. Congradulations on the new coach.

Still have time to put a polish on the old girl before winter sets in! 63 and older do not have clear coat and they will polish up great!
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Ambassador

What a CREAM PUFF! You must be loaded with good karma. Makes me drool.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 09:40 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Talking Ambassador

We won't be polishing it this fall or winter. Probably wait till spring. Since it has no leaks, our first priority will be working indoors. The furnace still works so thats a plus..

The bathtub is still original and thus has a few cracks/chips in it as well as old patch attempts of odd colors.

The wierdest thing about this rig is the inside colors. The bathtub, oven/stove and dometic fridge are all original pink. Not Strawberry shortcake pink mind you, but that old 60's style pink. My wife loves the color but it needs to be redone. on everything but the oven. The oven is absolutely flawless. I was really impressed by it.
joaks is offline   Reply With Quote