Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

Another Airstream Movie

Check out "Baghdad Cafe". It is a small cult film available at a good video store. Has nothing to do with Baghdad, by the way. Jack Palance is one of the characters and he lives behind the Baghdad Cafe (which is located somewhere in the middle of the Mojave desert) in an old Airstream. This is a rather ecentric German-produced movie, but it's a real feel-good flick. I highly recommend it if your taste in movies includes something a bit off-beat. As a frame of reference, Mars Attacks (referred to in the string above) is one of my favorite comedies.

Mike
mcostanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:52 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Diana Langley
I just rented "Baghdad Cafe" a few weeks ago. It is a bit off the wall, but I enjoyed it. Jack Palance and his Airstream get some good viewing throughout the movie.

What really knocked me out was the haunting theme song, "Calling You". I really have to learn how to play that on my guitar!
Come to think of it, we have some musicians on this forum. Can anyone TAB that song?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Diana Langley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:10 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to ladyvain730
Airstreams in the movies...

Leaving Normal is the one that sticks in my head the most. To think they built the house around the Airstream is totally awesome. All they need to do is pull it out of the "bay" and lock the house door and drive off is a thought to be thought about.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:37 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

I noticed that trailer in Identity too Silvertwinkie. It was diffucult to see from the angles and the darkness, but I was thinkin it was an early '50s Cruiser or later 50's Overlander.
jpurdy; I think I saw the CSI episode flippin though the channels the other day...it was the only thing that held my attention in the show.
-Andrew
amfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:08 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Airstreams in the Movies

I thought their was a thread for this but I couldn't find it. May have been lost in the crash.

Anyway The movie "Simone" was on staring Al Pachino on Starz last night. The majority of the movie had scene's where they were on the back lots at Hollywood. Every one of those had Airstreams in the back ground. All years and models. There were 50's, 60, 70's and 80's.
In one scene they had a mid 50's Bambi or Caravell in the back ground. One scene Winonna Ryder was complaining that her "Trailer" was not the "biggest". They has a pair of 34ft triaxle's parked end to end, one was her's. Her complaint was the hight. AL went on to explain about the "Airstream" having more air in the tires.

Movie was ok as well
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:16 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Here it is...

I merged your post with the earlier thread ~

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:56 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

We watched " Snow Dogs " last night and in the scenes in Alaska there was an Airstream Trailer that set in the middle of the background in a lot of the shots.

Paul
Crsoley Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:03 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Tracey Ullman will be starring (as her nutty self) in an HBO show "In the Trailer Tales", Saturday, August 9th @ 8pm/7C. The ad in Paople magazine shows her perched in what looks like the front of the Shady Dell's vintage Airstream Clipper...

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tracey.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	3901  
Old 08-04-2003, 08:33 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Ya right on`!

Shari
It's the:
Quote:
This 1949 Airstream is 21' long and was pictured in Bride's Magazine. It is our most photographed trailer. The ceiling at both ends is polished aluminum which reflects the colorful chenille bedspread. A photo album of vintage wedding pictures adds to the romantic ambience. Sleeps two -
Thanks guys for the tip...
I'll be sure to watch it on HBO..
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:46 PM   #50

Talking Making a documentary about trailerlife

Hi everyone, I' m Yoame, a mexican filmaker student. I'm researching for a documetary project called TRAILER LIFE which will be about the people who lives in that wonderful way. I feel lost in that topic because I've never been travelling and staying in trailer parks. I' m looking for some advises about places to visit ( I'm thinking on dessertic landscapes, - Texas, Arizona or California-) any place where I can find friendly peolple that wants to share experiences and let me interview them. Good and cheap trailer parks (costs and contact info will be great) I'm going on september to US, so I don't know if it is a right moment to get people in campgorunds. I think I will rent a car, but I don't know if it is the best idea ( Are ther any possibility of camping or staying in bungalows or hotels inside the trailer camps? Can I rent a motorhome for to weeks? How much is that?.
Thank's in advance to all of you that read that message.
Any info will be great.
Yoame
yoame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:35 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

I remember a movie about '74-75 called Slither, about a ex con that looking for anothers ex-cons bank loot. are running from the bad guys in a A/S. The bad guys have a pair of black sportsman??? motorhomes. Come to find out that the bad guys were the cons partners and used the money for a failed kids summer camp and the only thing left is the two motorhomes that get trashed in the end.

I would love to see that one again.

Tim
Airstreamlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

Free tickets to Red Green's Possom Lodge

If you're looking for a fun get-away, you might want to consider heading to Toronto for a taping of the Red Green Show. The tickets are free, but you need to get them ahead of time.

It's a ton of fun - especially if you wear a plaid shirt - in which case they'll invite you to come up and be one of lodge members for the meeting they to conclude every episode.

If you get a taping that's before the Canadian Thanksgiving in October, you can camp (with water and electrical hookup) about 30 miles west of Toronto in Oakville at Bronte Creek Provincial Park.

Check the link below for info on tickets and times.

http://www.redgreen.com/tickets.htm
DMAYRES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 06:52 AM   #53
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Thumbs up Not a movie but...

NBC Nightly News sent a film crew to the 2003 Rocky Mountain VAC Rally to film a segment on Vintage Airstreams. It will air tonight Friday, August 15th at 5:30-6:00 MDT, check your local listings.

The entire segment is only about 2 minutes...so don't blink!

Shari
Old 08-15-2003, 06:52 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Not a movie but...

NBC Nightly News sent a film crew to the 2003 Rocky Mountain VAC Rally to film a segment on Vintage Airstreams. It will air tonight Friday, August 15th at 5:30-6:00 MDT, check your local
listings.

The entire segment is only about 2 minutes...so don't blink!

Shari

Update:

I spoke with the producer in NY this morning, they have rescheduled the segment to air this Friday the 22nd, at 5:30-6:00 MDT, check your local listings. Again it's supposed to be at the end of the the NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw...kind of a "have a good weekend" segment...hopefully no more crisis will preempt us...
Old 10-04-2003, 08:03 PM   #55
1 Rivet Member

Smile "Cold Creek Manor" has an A/S in it

I saw the movie "Cold Creek Manor" last light and it has a scene with an Airstream in it.
JayClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:10 AM   #56
79 SLY

1979 31' Sovereign
Fairview , Montana
Saw another AS last night on the tube, but I will warn you (like I wish someone had warned me about Sordid lives) It was on a show called "Sealab 2021" on a special segment Cartoon network calls "Adult Swim" Erik Estrada had a tri axel AS with a dolphin butcher shop set up inside. Obviously not for everyone.
trumpwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:56 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Have you all seen the video game commercial for a Playstation game that shows the kids using a "magnet" device as a weapon to attract metal objects?
An Airstream Trailer comes rolling down towards them and ends up righ side up in front of them. Saw it last night on VH-1 or some music network.

Funny, I guess?
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:05 PM   #58
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Question

But aluminum is not atracted to magnets or vise versa
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:57 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Not a movie...but a commercial!

Check this out (if you can), be sure to have your sound turned up:

Cable Channel Commercial

This is a cable TV commercial that our trailer is in. You will need Windows Media Player to view it and it's only going to be available at this location for a couple of days.

Enjoy!

Shari
Old 11-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #60
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
What a riot!!!! Classic!! took me a minute to figure out exactly what it was that they were selling. Your camper was the only giveaway!!! to bad it was only in the shot for a second.

My boss wants to know how much they paid you for that was that you doing the rockin', or was that a stunt-double?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote