Old 08-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #239
4 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Campbell , California
Music video......

Last night on VH1 Classic they showed Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" video. Prominently displayed in the opening scenes is an early 60's Airstream single axle (Safari I think) nestled in a trailer park. The funny thing is that the storyline has her and her beau leaving town for a new life (but the trailer stays behind). Immediately I tell my wife that they should just be hitching it up and hitting the road.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:18 PM   #240
Rivet Master

Recently watching Dirty Jobs w/ John Roe...Las Vegas left over food buffet material is "recycled" into a slop which is fed to pigs. Owner of this "recycling" farm has AS TT in one of the background shots of the "farm".

Old 10-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #241
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
I know this movie has been mentioned several times, but in the movie " The Hills Have Eyes", its funny we have the same suburban that they are using to pull their airstream! Even the same color!! Too bad they are not pulling a 72 Overlander!
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #242
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Eight Below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Looks like "8 Below" will be an addition to my DVD collection when it eventually comes out.
Eight Below is on HBO this month. Movie is watchable at best - the Excella 1000 was a pleasant surprise. What a location to park it - on the beach in OR.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #243
Site Team

, Minnesota
If you watched the latest episode of "My Name Is Earl", you got to see Earl captured by Banditos in Central America. The Banditos work out of an Airstream, of indeterminate age and heritage. It's got a rear door. See Part 4.

My Name Is Earl TV Show on NBC: Cast, DVD and Pictures Available – NBC Official Site

The leader of the Banditos is Diego, who turns out to be Catalina's uncle. Randy marries Catalina, and everyone lives happily ever after, in a fog of Karma bliss.

You can also take the "Karma Quiz" at the above link.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #244
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
OK if you ignore the humans and just focus on the dogs and the Excella, Eight Below is a great flick. The A/S sighting was ever so much more exciting than those dang scientists falling into icy crevasses.
Janet
Old 12-10-2006, 02:53 AM   #245
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
I recently saw "Conversations with God".... the story about Neil Walsh's life hitting bottom being homeless...meeting a wise artistic woman livng in an AS at the town hobo park....even showed some interior shots with paintings of clouds and whales on the walls etc...

http://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #246
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
Airstream in the movie......

The Hills Have Eyes was an Airstream International apparently. IF you can stand to watch this academay-award-winner you will be treated to seeing an Airstream.

I have seen advertisements for Airstreams on this forum....wanted them for movies, I think. I would not want my Airstream treated like the one in the movie.

The Hills...... was on Cinemax East a coupla days ago. Believe me the Airstream was the best part of the movie.

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #247
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
You solved the mystery! The fella down at the carwash who details my truck told me he saw a horror movie with an Airstream in it. I said I didn't know the movie and he forgot the title. You solved it! I'll tell him tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #248
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Hall Mark Channel had a Mystery Woman movie on a couple nights ago and one of the suspects lived in an International.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #249
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
The Hills Have Eyes is really, really, gory and the make-up department deserves the academy award.

The plot is the old story of what the atomic bomb tests did to the local wildlife and people. It was not good.

The Airstream was blown up so I hope it wasn't rented out to the production company of the movie.

Kistler

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Old 01-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #250
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Brandon (near reservoir) , Mississippi
I rented the DVD. Almost a scene-for-scene remake from he original with a little more story added in.

Most of the filming inside the AS was done in a mock-up that was 1/3rd larger than the original. In my opinion, they did a poor job of making a realistic AS. The cabinets looked all wrong along with other oddities. Did anyone notice the "foreign" propane tanks used to blow up the trailer? The movie was filmed in Morocco.

This version, as well as the original, is pretty sick (rape, torture, murder, brutality, etc.) and unless you are a slasher type movie fan, don't bother seeing this movie.

Here is an interesting trivia page about the movie: Trivia for The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
Old 01-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #251
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
And of course there's my Airstream in Wild Hogs

ok, I have to chime in...again. My Airstream will be in the upcoming movie Wild Hogs. It stars John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, Tim Allen, and of course Airylle, my Airstream. The trailer is showing in theaters now. They even have a few seconds of the scene where the biker bar is blown up. That's when Airylle was seriously damaged by the heat blast of the explosion....which I was asssured wouldn't affect my trailer because she would be so far away. uh-huh. Well, as those who've read about that misadventure before, she was damaged. Wild Hogs Productions made everything right without any hassles. I would consider renting her to the movies again, but under much more stringent requirements. LIke, no pyro stunts.

and
Jupiter (the Golden Retriever)
Blu_Hwy_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #252
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
It seems there have been (6) responses to this post....why does it show (0) on my screen when I open this website?

Kistler

2002 Classic 25'