View Poll Results: Should we have an AirstreamForums.com Logo?
Yes 122 85.92%
No 1 0.70%
I don\'t care? 19 13.38%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #85
2 Rivet Member

Talking

lets make some stickers!

Old 10-25-2002, 12:15 PM   #86
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Stick it

Yes lets!!!!!!!!!

Smily

Old 10-25-2002, 01:49 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
NICE WORK CARMEN. I would like to see a few more entries before we vote. It will be a fun thing to have one of these on our
Airstream. The window clings are a good idea, as they would be easily removed, but my experience with a few is that don't last.
I would be happy to put a decal on my window though.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:59 PM   #88
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
How can we create stickers that can have our member names?
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 03:20 PM   #89
3 Rivet Member

It is possible to create individualized stickers...I am working on some ideas and will get back to you with the feasability if anyone is interested in that route. Customized stickers are always more expensive, an alternative would be to use a stock design and have a separate custom "badge" to go underneath for those who want it. Would still be paying for customization, but the cost might be less that way as we could run the main logo as a whole batch for better pricing.

I'll keep working on it.
"Mod-Pod" - '77 Argosy Minuet 6.0
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 05:57 PM   #90
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Tamara,

Not to throw a wrench in the works, and not to modify a design like carmen's( I have NO talent when it comes to the actual artwork type thinigy)but I have a question. I am envisioning the colored logo chosen printed on a reflective backing ( Silver of course) that would serve two purposes. Identification to other members as well as being an additional safety item on a rig.
So, could the print be on a reflective background like come of the reflective stickers that insurance co's. give out?

Just a thought....
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:37 PM   #91
3 Rivet Member

Silver stickers for a Silver Bullet...

Brett,
The short answer to your question is yes. Looking at some of the designs, especially one like Carmen's, it would be pretty neat to have the part of the design that is the Airstream itself be in reflective silver. For other designs, they could be printed on a silver adhesive material, with whatever logo in a circle, rectangle, or square. I like the idea very much!

Good one Brett!

We could still consider a static cling version, perhaps like the one Shari (it was her wasn't it?) mentioned with a frosted glass look. I know some people would prefer the more subdued approach :-) No reason we can't offer both, I would probably get one of each. Need something for the car too, not just the A/S!
"Mod-Pod" - '77 Argosy Minuet 6.0
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 01:02 AM   #92
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Ok..my 2cents worth is comin on now...

First --- to Ken Smiley...are you a LAWYER? LOL
>>By no means am I trying to apply pressure but I was implying formalization of the process. ...As I stated in my previous post, I think a time line could be agreed upon ..although I personally would like a rapid resolution... we could formalize the process with a timeline that is agreed upon by all ...Very respectfully,

(no..I guess you aren't an attorney Ken...attorneys never say anything "very respectfully"...lol )

THAT being said,,, I agree with "Shari"...etched glass would be good...it would enhance the appearnce of it ON the window...and could even give a little more privacy..

and I like the DOT being a Blinding Sun. Cool idea...

The American FLAG??...Hey! I'm Canadian...how about the Maple Leaf? that's a little bit of arrogance eh? Let's make it a little more 'generic" so everyone---even the folks in Europe feel good about it---including me!
Besides we wouldn't want to hear about an Airstream getting bombed in some foreign country for political reasons eh? I've been raised in the States for the most part, and I'm proud to wave the US flag with my Canadian flag...but I don't think the "Logo" is a "FORUM" (ahem! ahem! excuse the pun) for this.

I really like the strip, Peter and Jim used. The aluminum one with the shining dot? How would that look if that were in etched glass..?
WHo said that about having a friend who's an engraver? Glass Engraving? That could be really good...what would make the DOT shine though?

Couldn't someone come up with one that is more Vintage? or is that biased as well? I'm a designer...I should...if I had the time I would, but I don't. So, I'm just suggesting and commenting. I hope neither is taken wrong...

everything here is said in friendship and good nature.
Peace/Love/Joy...........Cat
with
Old 11-07-2002, 11:29 PM   #93
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Other Logo and Design Options

From another designer on the forums' page.
I just caught up with this thread, where have I been? I think this is a great idea. We've gotta do this.

I've made some vinyl stickers in a light gray using the art deco-style lettering on the '50s trailers name plates. I'll post a picture of one on my rear truck window. Let me know what you guys think. Something like this would really stand out.

I've also made an Illustrator line drawing of my '59 Trade Wind that I had put on a t-shirt for my wife and I with an iron-on transfer. This could be a possibility as well. Many quick print copy shops have this ability.

Brad
Old 11-08-2002, 12:39 AM   #94
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Entry Album for Voting

I really agree with those who feel we all should be in on the decision (by a Poll/Vote). (Ken, Chris, Shari, Peter)...
And Andy's idea of having a place on it where our email addy can be displayed (by a label gun?)...or when ordered it could be etched or engraved? This way, when strolling around the campsite, when we see the Forum 'sticker', we'd not only know another member was there too...but we'd know who they area! On the road too. Great idea!

I also favour the "Vintage" lettering, and appearance. Maybe the new ones would object (mine isn't vintage yet either)...but think of it, the reputation is vintage.

I can't wait to see the entries.
Is there going to be a "page" of entries? like the photo album? Or is there one already?
Old 11-08-2002, 11:11 AM   #95
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Smile Cat and flyfshr

Cat...if you go to PeterH-79MH's post in this thread dated 10/7/02, you will find a link to the collection of all the ideas submitted so far.

Brad...I suggest forwarding your photos to PeterH-76MH for inclusion in the gallery he has started.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:55 PM   #96
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
there are etched glass looking stickers I have seen, but they don't seem to show up much from a distance, and wouldn't be very noticeable, although a classy idea. I printed out a few ideas form this forum, and found that Carmen's red backed version with (the sky in the window) really looked good when attached to my window. It showed up from a distance, and seemed eye catching.
Just my l'il ole opinion.
Also names could be put on stickers in MS PUblisher you just create the data base and tell it to insert them in the correct spot.
I made name badges like that, and laminated them.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:05 PM   #97
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
New Photos Added

Hi all,
I just added a photo of the vintage style lettering window sticker to my photo page. I'm working on a logo for the forums to look like this style of lettering. Let me know what you think. I also added my computer illustration of our vintage Trade Wind.

Brad
Old 11-08-2002, 06:30 PM   #98
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Link to Brad's Photos

Here's an easy link to Brad's photos:
flyfshr photos

I think they are both very cool.