View Poll Results: Should we have an AirstreamForums.com Logo?
Yes 122 85.92%
No 1 0.70%
I don\'t care? 19 13.38%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2002, 05:57 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
Hello!

Here's my experience:

The shiny silver decals, either a polyester or mylar material, have a very limited exterior lifespan and do tend to fade rapidly. Given that a lot of folks may have tinted windows or tinted window treatments, an exterior decal would be more versatile.

The static cling materials, again would be well suited to an interior application. The statics also require careful surface preparation before each application and should be stored flat and not in temperature extremes. I would steer away from this as being too high maintenance.

I did see mention of etch-look. I like that idea. I've done quite a few etch decals for local sprint car race fans. It is a subtle approach but unique and attractive. It should work regardless of window tint, unless the tinting is very dark.

Now of course, all of this advice is based on a window decal. Given my hubby and I are going to attempt the skin-polishing project over the winter months, and I just recently removed the previous owner's WBICCI #s, I'm thinking I might prefer a window decal. However, we could certainly make an application that would work on either the window or the body. Once a design is chosen, I'd be happy to make further recommendations on color/material/applications. And, I'd love to submit a design, in fact I've got one in mind, I'll send it on in the next couple of days.

If anyone has any questions/concerns/suggestions regarding decals I'm happy to answer to the best of my abilities. I'm looking forward to seeing these decals on and out there.

c.

Old 10-04-2002, 08:00 PM   #72
2 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
file upload woes....

I'm trying a new logo decal idea here...but having difficulty uploading the file, anyone with Mac experience able to help me out?

I've built the file in Illustrator 8 and exported it as a .JPEG. If you can help me from there I'd appreciate it, I've had no success uploading photo's into the gallery either. Technology and I are not good companions by any means.

Frankly, don't even worry about it this evening, I've about had it with the computer for today. I'm off for an attitude adjustment. TGIF.
c.

Old 10-04-2002, 10:05 PM   #73
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Upload woes...

It's my fault! At least the Photo gallery is. I should have it fixed ASAP.

As far as uploading here, make sure the overall dimensions of the decal is no larger than 500 x 500 pixels. If it is larger, than the application will deny it.

Let me know how it goes. Just private message me if you need more info.

Sure is nice to have a graphics expert onboard!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 10:47 AM   #74
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
, California
Hey y'all,

I was getting a cactus cooler from the ice box last night and noticed all those crazy magnets on the door that the wife has collected. I was thinking a magnetic logo that you could place on the propane tank or cover, the tounge or jack, the bumper of a moter home? Magnet could be moved to anywhere with no mess or hassle. Just a small thought. - Ray
Old 10-07-2002, 05:30 PM   #75
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
There are two new entries. Thanx Carmen!
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...apass=&thumb=1
AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:43 PM   #76
2 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
My pleasure Peter! There's some of good ideas going, glad I'm not making the decision.

I suppose I can't blame all my woes on Monday, huh? My silver lining today... I actually managed to upload photos into my gallery. It's been a big day, whew!

carmen
Old 10-08-2002, 11:34 AM   #77
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Let's Vote

When will the voting begin? All the designs are great, but I am most excited about both of Carmen's designs. How often can we benefit from professional design talent?

I would think offering two versions of Carmen's design on stickers, in both the color version and an etched glass look, would satisfy most everyone.

(Brett, skip this next paragraph...)

I don't know how long it would take from voting to completion of logo items. If possible, I would like to purchase some airstreamforums.com items for my sweetheart's Christmas stocking.

More promotional item suggestions include a lapel pin and an embroidered patch.

We frequently wear a pin or two on our WBCCI badge lanyards. Usually the pin is from a recent international rally, or a region pin. It would be nice to have a pin that promotes the forum, too.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:24 PM   #78
2 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
Hi Edie...

Thanks for the great feedback.

If y'all can make a decision, regardless of which design youchoose, we can started putting together prices. I've got a good customer whose business is promo items, if we haven't got a member representative from this field, I can get some bids ready for those sorts of things too.

So what are you interested in? We've had suggestion of patches and pins--anything else (besides decals, of course)? Just give me a holler!

Oh, and Edie, your Titus is quite a handsome boy! Our girls, Sophie the Springer and Phoebe the Blonde are quite dissapointed they missed the action when he was just an hour away. If I can get them to sit still long enough (especially that Springer!) I'll send Titus his very own pin-up portrait!

carmen
Old 10-08-2002, 12:41 PM   #79
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Front of thread

I come with hat in hand,

I think some may need to visit this thread from its inception and see the path that the logo has been on before jumping to production.

I too am anxious to have the new logo affixed to my whatever.

Some have expressed that they would like to take their time and solicit the opinions of all members before going to vote.

Very respectfully,
Ken Smillie
Old 10-08-2002, 12:48 PM   #80
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Thanks for the input Ken. I, too, have followed this thread from the beginning. I agree that we need to select the logo that the majority likes best.

Since this thread started in August, a number of great designs have been put forward. I was just stating my opinion of what I like best.

I also wonder when we can begin the voting. That's the best way to find out what the members really like.

I also understand that people don't want to rush into a decision. On the other hand, is there a reason to delay the next step?

What do the moderators think?
Old 10-08-2002, 12:54 PM   #81
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Thumbs up Ready to vote

Whoo Hooo! !!!!!!

Yes! !!!!!!

All right!!!!!

Finally, some one who is excited as I am about getting the logo!

Lets vote Lets Vote Lets Vvvvooooottttteeeee

Just letting off some excitement.

I am glad to see that there are others that are ready to move forward.

Smily
Old 10-08-2002, 01:26 PM   #82
2 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
1966 26' Overlander
sioux falls , so. dak.
regarding forum decals

Just to throw in my, hmmm, well...I'm feeling richer now that I've an Airstream in my life, so ten cents worth--

I've enjoyed the postive feedback on my submittal and want to get mine out there as well, I think the other designs are fabulous too, all of them, especially because I know they've all come from the heart and in the best of spirit. As a creative soul myself, I truly appreciate the ideas and inspitations that come along the road of life.

That said, I also am very game for the votes to be counted, I'm liking Edie's stocking stuffer plan, however I do think it's essential to have as many of our co-horts as possible involved in the final decision.

For now, I am just one happy camper to be a part of this forum, I've learned so much already and fully expect, once we've battened down for renovations over the winter, I'll be looking to you all for suggestions and advice. I love the silver lining on this adventure.

carmen
Old 10-21-2002, 07:25 PM   #83
3 Rivet Member

Wow, I miss a couple of months on this excellent forum and I miss a lot!

I love the idea of a Forum logo, and really like several of the designs posted to date. I think we all are in the same boat when it comes to wanting anything with an A/S on it...:-)

Anyway, if things start shaping up and we pick a logo, I will be happy to quote on some custom printing of a variety of items. One of my various ventures is custom digital printing, on items such as have been mentioned already: Tshirts, License Frames, Pins, Decals, Mugs, Flags, and more. If there is anything I can do to help, I would be happy to. I love a fun project, and this certainly classifies as fun!

No high pressure sell here, just sharing something I can offer since I am not as talented an artist as some of the rest of us!

Glad to be back on the forum again, I missed all the A/S talk. :-)
"Mod-Pod" - '77 Argosy Minuet 6.0
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:50 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

'Nother Idea...

Ok, so I was telling my better half about the idea for the stickers and other items, and he came up with a fun idea...

Custom shirts with a pic of your silver bullet on the front and registration #s on the back in big red letters - wouldn't that be fun? Think I will have to make some for the whole family. Could do the same on a mug too. Single pieces would be no problem, just need a good photo or line art to use. I was also thinking about making a door mat for my A/S with a pic and her name on it (AIRabelle), as we like to put a mat out front to keep the sand and dirt out of the camper. Would be a nice way to let passers-by know who you are when you are away from camp.

Anyway, I am probably starting to get off topic, but I got excited thinking about all the fun stuff we could come up with...again, glad to be back! It's almost as good as being on the road!

Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

"Mod-Pod" - '77 Argosy Minuet 6.0
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote