View Poll Results: Should we have an AirstreamForums.com Logo?
Yes 122 85.92%
No 1 0.70%
I don\'t care? 19 13.38%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2002, 09:58 PM   #127
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Re: Stickers

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cat
I think someone may know more about this than I do...but isn't it against A/S policy to have anyone "Stick" things on the skin (as it is against policy to stack up (store) things on the roof (except for solar panels).???

[/QUOTE

Are you saying tha A/S has sticker police ? What dose A/S care what I stick on my trailer ?

1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 12:13 AM   #128
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Sticker Police

I have no idea... I was only curious b/c I was told the Wally B group "frowned on" anyone putting things on top of an Airstream other than the A/C and Solar Panels

I wouldn't use the window b/c the screen would anyone seeing it; and I don't think the bumper has a smooth-enough surface on it....so, I would probably just put it on one of the little (storage) doors---probably on the "Road Side".

I am sure this is a very personal thing... Anyone can do whatever they want to do to their Airstream. Just passing on an urban legend Jim. I posted it in the form of a question.

......Cat

Old 11-25-2002, 07:28 AM   #129
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Re: Sticker Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat
I have no idea... I was only curious b/c I was told the Wally B group "frowned on" anyone putting things on top of an Airstream other than the A/C and Solar Panels

......Cat
Cat, I really thought that Airstream might have had a problem with a person placing a sticker on a new trailer in warranty. I didnít know if it might damage the finish in someway that Airstream did not warrant.

I view WBCCI and A/S as two very separate groups.

Thanks for the information.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:47 PM   #130
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Sticker Placement

>>Airstream might have had a problem (?) ,,,in warranty<<
>> damage the finish in someway that Airstream did not warrant<<

I don't know what I could have said to warranta thanx...(?)
That's an interesting supposition---voiding the warranty...hopefully, someone else wll post on thi and share the facts.
Also, I'd like to investigate further on the possibility (there must be many different types of adhesives marketed for stickers to choose from) adhesive that could damage the protective coating,,,much the way that Duct-tape can do.

I'd be interesting in hearing what members think about placement ideas.

Thanx for helping sort through this. The outcome will be a good one, because of all the thought going into it---don't you agree?

.........Cat
Old 12-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #131
Rivet Master

I have been watching and reading this thread for about two months now...I think that I'll just place a 1 1/2" Airstream Blue dot on the outward facing side of my rear view mirror in my MH. If you see it you will know...say hi...and perhaps you'll get a free "cocktail" and enjoy our fireside antics while camp. On the rear of our spare tire holder we also have a large blue dot w/ silver smiley face. And... I'm not sure, but I believe that it is proper ettiquette to wave and/or flash lights at other AS on the road.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:02 AM   #132
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Exclamation How long?

I see that I am not the only one that is growing weary of seeing this thread go on and on with no product from it.

Will we ever achieve the objective?

What is standing between the the forum and the Insignia for the membership?

I respectfully request that we move forward to a poll on the insignia for the forum.

Lets propose a deadline for submissions and move to vote. Then we could get to production.

I for one am not above paying for my insignia. I am certain that there are several members that are willing to assist in production and or cost of the production. There are a few entrepreneurs that could certainly write a donation off on their taxes.

Very respectfully,
Smily
Old 12-06-2002, 08:07 PM   #133
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

You know dumb as this sounds, I just ran across this thread. Gosh, it's only been ...what? 3 months.

Anyway, once a design's decided on, I'll be happy to create some CJ's Tees shirts with the winning logo.

Gonna toss this idea to my artist guy and see what he comes up with. Hope I'm not too late.

Happy Holidays all.
Old 12-07-2002, 12:33 AM   #134
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Decisions Decisions

CJ...3 months is all? Based on the post just before yours, I thought it was much longer---?
Well, "Bottom Lining" this...
could we have the CONTROLLING force of a monderator here? Because I think the bottom line is SIMPLE
& ONLY 2-part:
1. We HAVE on the Forum, incredible ARTISTs (members and their contacts) to do graphic submissions (not done yet)
& So, far they've come up with great ideas...and some have already 'dropped them' into posts for all to view. AND
2. We have had great ideas...and yes, maybe enough to create a vote...

BUT...........
Having said that, I say each person who has posted on this Thread...submits their preference (by reference to the name of the 'Submitter'..) (see *** below)

...and in the meantime...CJ could have her graphic artist come up with something to add, and anyone else who knows of one, does the same thing...

OR---perhaps just asking for any ideas that haven't yet become visual, to be given to (whichever) Graphic Artist to draw up and "attach" as part of a "post" for us all to view. ... Because, only then...can we get it ready for a vote.

I, FOR ONE, WILL NOT VOTE UNTIL I'VE SEEN ALL OF THE IDEAS I've been reading about, 'dropped into the emails' WITHIN a POST---maybe within a NEW Thread (see***below)

I think it's a pretty major idea ... and will be IN form for years to come, and as they say "Rome Wasn't Built in a Day".

Seeing is believing.

But, discussion is good---especially on a Forum like this---how else can a 'scattered' group from so many different time zones---and motives (some Vintage, some MODERN, some Hi-Tech, some Retro)??? I believe these subject 'heads' need to be kept in mind in order to 'gather' together all the ideas so far.

I agree that we need to try to keep the thread from getting scattered...but I think so far, it's been pretty focused.

I personally voted for the Thread as a high interest Thread.

***One of the Moderators could take the HORNS of this THREAD...and put all the submissions into a FINAL THREAD...."Member Sticker Submissions" for everyone to view. Only then, can we get it to a vote.

Just my 2cents...(sorry that's all I can afford)...
Old 12-07-2002, 08:03 PM   #135
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Oh my gosh! I asked my artist to come up with a forum logo considering all the input and comments from this thread. That was yesterday and he came back already with a preliminary design that knocks my socks off! Hard to believe but I think it addresses every one of the likes and dislikes expressed here. I can't wait to show it to you all. (He wanted to make some minor tweaks before releasing it.) This is the same artist who designs my original Airstream illustrations. Stay tuned. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:25 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
sounds great CJ, hopefully Andy will get involved in this thread again and help steer us all to a decision making process.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:38 PM   #137
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Cat,
I have already posted several times that all the submission to date are compiled here:
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...ser=13&thumb=1
AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 02:53 AM   #138
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
OK, here's the deal.

5 days for artwork submissions. At that point I will request input (votes) from the other members & move forward with merchandise being made.

Winning art will become property of AirstreamForums.com
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:25 AM   #139
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Ok Andy...I'm submitting mine right away. You got me off my butt to finish it. Thanks for the motivation

Brad
Attached Images
File Type: bmp blue forums logo.bmp (89.6 KB, 99 views)
Old 12-08-2002, 12:09 PM   #140
Airstream Driver

1997 30' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Brad, I added it:
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...apass=&thumb=1

AIR #13
PeterH-Airstreamer is online now   Reply With Quote