Old 01-24-2005, 05:34 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Rivet AirstreamForums 3rd Anniversary

I wanted to be the first to mention that the third anniversary of this Web site is next month.
At least thats when the first few members started posting here. I think there were about 6 - 10 of us at that time.

We speculated on how many members we might have at any given date, and were amazed when we reached milestone numbers in membership like 100, 500, 1000, etc.

The amount of knowledge that has been shared here, and the insights many of us have gotten are invaluable. I for one could not have kept my cool in the face of repairs and upgrades I did not quite understand , without the help of the members here. Likewise I hope to have shared something with someone esle that did the same for them.

Thanks all for the participation, and thanks especially to our host for keeping this all together.

1966 Overlander
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:57 AM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks Alan for creating this thread. This forum for me has been like a service/owner's manual that you can ask questions to and so much more. I've made some friends along the way and I thank all of you, especially Andy for all of this.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Wish I had found this site BEFORE buying our Airstream, we would have kept on looking.
However; with the knowledge base on the fourm I have been able to work thru the problems and found anything can be repaired with enough time, help from the folks here and MONEY.

garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
Originally Posted by ALANSD
I wanted to be the first to mention that the third anniversary of this Web site is next month.
Thanks all for the participation, and thanks especially to our host for keeping this all together.
I couldn't have said it better Alan. Some people on this forum go into great detail and spend a lot of time to help others who have problems - and without compensation. Is this a great group or what?

wayner1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #5
Rivet Master
1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
Happy Anniversary!

Yes, I agree that without this site, I would not have known enough to purchase my baby. I researched here alot and knew what to look for and what to ask. I think I done good with my buy. I used to be called A/S Wannabee until I asked Andy if I could change to my current handle, which I use everywhere. Anyone remember that one. That were me!
1992 Airstream 300LE, rear queen, Banks Power!
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1968 26' Overlander
1967 26' Overlander
Lisle , Illinois
Happy Anniversary!!!

I would be lost with out this forum. Thanks to all.
Tedd Ill
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Happy Anniversary

What a GREAT thread!
You mean didn't ALWAYS exist?

I found my trailer on here! The prior owner is still a WUNNERFUL friend!

I cried for help on here with the BIGGEST problem I'd EVER had.. I coudln't get the table to fold down! (actually, I had trouble with that again last summer)

We put in a new water tank. We have had trials with the electrical system.
We got a new A/C. we survived an unneccessary scare regarding our axles.
We poked holes in the sides of our unit buying new wheels and tires, because we didn't ask on the forum first and hubby doesn't listen to me..

We went to the VAC Rally in Colorado and learned SO MUCH, and met so many cool people!

And it all happened because of, and through the forum.
flamingo-kid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Thank you for being there

I woke up this morning, dropped my toothpaste into the toilet, burned my breakfast. Had a 9:00 am appointment and sat around for 2 hours to get 3 minutes in front of the person I needed to meet. The weather is cold and all my friends in the north are frozen in.

But I've always got Airstreamforums to guarantee my day is going to get better. Tin Lizzie is sitting under 3 feet of snow in NH, waiting for clear weather to come home to VA. Dreamin' o' streamin!

I agree with all of the previous posters. I've decided to purchase new, but am always amused by mouse poop and "brown mountain" stories. Thanks to a lot of knowledge all y'all have shared I even know how to do a lot of preventative care.

Keep the good info coming!
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:18 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Battle Ground , Washington
This is the best web-site on the net for Airstream info. I have so much useful info for my trailer. Their are so many helpful people on this site. Keep up the good work!
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #10
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Those were the days ...

... when there were only a handful on at any time. It was easy to be the first answer on a new thread. Nowdays, there are usually half a dozen answers by the time I even see a new thread.
John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #11

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Airstream Forums ... it's a wonderful thing!

I have to say, it's not only been invaluable to have all the advice and help on here as I searched for my first trailer and tow vehicle, but all the help since in working through it's little problems. It is like an owners manual, only with details, pictures, and actual people to talk to if necessary.

And the people I've met through this board have been absolutely top knotch. It was great to meet Brett & Edie in person helping them pick up their Argosy MH out here on my end of the country, and meeting all the folks who turned out for the rally at the beach.

Places like this are the best thing about the net! Thanks for making it happen, Andy!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:55 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member
2002 31' Classic
Hillsboro , Texas
Airstream Knowledge

Happy Anniversary!

I bought my 99 34 Classic Limited in June of 2002. I've owned a tent trailer, a pop-up, and an SOB travel trailer. The only thing I knew about Airstreams was that a relative had owned one from 1966 until 1976, they traveled a lot and I always coveted the class and style in which they enjoyed life and touring the U.S.

After purchasing my Airstream, I enjoyed traveling, but then I discovered the Airstream Forum and began reading night after night and really getting to know more about my unit,!

I then met a group of Texans who loved to rally and I began to really reap enjoyment and pride of ownership.

Thank you for the time, energy, and dedication you've given to the Forum.

J&C is offline   Reply With Quote