Old 10-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #6175
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickclifford View Post
loves this thread but wouldn't it be better to only comment if you got a pic to share?!
The text only posts don't bother me, but I generally only comment when I've got a photo to go with it. Unless we've recently been on the road with the Airstream and wonder if anyone saw it, I usually just scroll down to the photos.

1946 Spartan Manor
1954 Va-Ka-Shun-Ette
1964 Overlander
1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper
1974 Sovereign
2005 F-350 SRW 4x4 crew cab long box
TAC ON-5
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #6176
3 Rivet Member

I read this thread almost daily. I love traveling and sighting other units. Pics or no pics I enjoy this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
The Mini Bar

Old 10-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #6177
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Saw an Airstream trailer where I didn't expect to see it....We flew home into Denver International Airport on Monday night. Riding the shuttle bus to our car I got a glimpse of a fair-sized vintage AS trailer in the "Pikes Peak" long term shuttle parking lot. I could not see the TV.

I have seen a few smaller SOB mohos in that lot, but never a trailer of any type. I have no idea if there is an extra charge for the trailer. The lot does have a handful of spots for oversize vehicles. The trailer was in one of those.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #6178
3 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mount Angel , Oregon
No Photo Sightings

I read this thread daily, too! Isn't that crazy? And yes, I do enjoy those photos. However, AWCHIEF's response helped me understand why there are postings without pictures. I mean, who'd want to see "Roll-over Airstream Caused by Cellphone-Picture Taking Driver" and, God forbid, that he just might have a bike rack attached to said Airstream.

Keep those postings going, pictures, or no pictures!

Susan

(Look! There's A Post About Someone Seeing An Airstream!)
Old 10-13-2016, 12:18 AM   #6179
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
We left Lodi CA with our Airstream this morning about 9:30, head S on I5 in the Central Valley. An hour or two later we got flashed (high beams) by someone pulling an Excella? Airstream with the blue stripe headed N. If you are on here, safe travels. At our campsite for the night, we met Bruce and Denise, who have a a '74 and are full timing. It's been a good day.

Mike
Old 10-14-2016, 07:53 AM   #6180
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Have seen several

As I am on the road a fair amount, last trip about 2600 miles to South Dakota and back, I see about two or three each way. But, taking photos while driving, maybe not a great idea. So, in Palmetto Cove RV Park near Cleveland, NC, here is one after our evening get together for "light hors d'oeuvres", which seems to last into the night.....oh well....

Carolinas_WBCCI_Palmetto_Cove_10.12.2016-6 by Tommie Lauer, on Flickr
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #6181
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncans View Post
I read this thread daily, too! Isn't that crazy? And yes, I do enjoy those photos. However, AWCHIEF's response helped me understand why there are postings without pictures. I mean, who'd want to see "Roll-over Airstream Caused by Cellphone-Picture Taking Driver" and, God forbid, that he just might have a bike rack attached to said Airstream.

Keep those postings going, pictures, or no pictures!

Susan

(Look! There's A Post About Someone Seeing An Airstream!)
Good see my comment about posting pictures has stirred such a response ! Good grief, no one is suggesting the driver should fumble for his iphone to snap a picture of a passing AS. It's my choice to receive the email updates from this thread, I scan right over the posts without a picture (too dull), my family thinks I'm very nerdy to be so excited about seeing another AS on the road, but just don't see the point of postings without pic ... anyways, no offense meant to those who like to do that
Old 10-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #6182
3 Rivet Member

No offense taken. I'm an airstream fanatic so I'm constantly reading the threads. And I enjoy the pics too.
Happy travels!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
The Mini Bar
Old 10-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #6183
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Dash Cam

I think I might just mount a large dash cam on my TV, and have it pointed toward the oncoming traffic. Then I can safely, with a remote, fire some shots, and possibly get lucky and have some that are not fur balls.....
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #6184
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Nick no offense taken.

We hope to be spotted here on the forum someday, picture or no picture, it will make our day when that happens.

We're not so fast at getting the picture but try our best to describe them and usually get the location pretty spot on.

What we find interesting is how fast we forget what the tow vehicle was cause we're so busy staring at the AS.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #6185
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
I just took a better look at the early posts here, and it is amazing how many do not contain photos, as cell phone cameras were not as ubiquitous then.

I actually like the "old-fashioned" tone and feel of the old posts -- very comfortable -- like Airstreaming "used to be" back in the 90's when we had our 25'.

Also, the text describing the sightings is usually longer, as it takes the place of a photo, and reminds one of listening to Prairie Home Companion on Saturday nights. Without the visuals, one's mind has to be creative and fill in the blanks.

A quieter time . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
. . .
Check out the entire thread -- some 6167 posts dating back to 2004.
. . .
Old 10-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #6186
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
. . .
We're not so fast at getting the picture but try our best to describe them and usually get the location pretty spot on.
. . .
I have also greatly enjoyed your Meanderings thread, and the detailed locations and descriptions!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...gs-145109.html

Thanks,

Peter
Old 10-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #6187
3 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Lawrence , Kansas
Absolutely beautiful 3 axle (they said 34') Airstream with wood paneling in the movie The Accountant. And in the new TV series Lethal Weapon the main character lives in an Airstream on the beach.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #6188
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
Hammond , New York
Last Friday, 10/7/16 we were headed to Cranberry Lake Campground. As we were coming into Star Lake, we meet an Excella which was close to ours pulled by a white tv which flashed their lights at the same time we did.
Upon arriving at campsite #118, we meet our friends who informed us that a 1988 28' Excella with a white tv had just left. We have a maroon truck, but the trailer is the same year and model.
Their was another airstream about the same size, but in the 1990's. They were from Rochester area, but we never had a chance to meet.

Tags
random sightings