Old 08-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #2255
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri

Excella with WBBCI # 3670 with T.V. Chevy Avalanche in St. Louis, MO, (South City) parked on Rhodes Avenue. Took a different way home from work and there you were. Made my afternoon!

oh2bcarefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #2256
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Nowhere , Washington
'70s Overlander International with WBCCI #1690 parked in Cannon Beach, Oregon with a white Escalade TV. Looked like a well cared for trailer.

Norm and Mary
blog: Captain Wilson's Overlander
nmbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #2257
Rivet Master
2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
on Thursday afternoon, we caught a 60's Globetrotter?? northbound on the NY State Thruway between Exits 14 and 14B, pulled by a green Suburban, both bearing NY tags.

I was concerned watching it creep to the left, over the white lines, and back again, more than once!!!

I pulled alongside & beeped; driver kept looking forward. not the best feeling I had yesterday....
Joseph & Gabrielle

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2
jm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #2258
Rivet Master
1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
its too bad none of you live in resonable distance of Davy Crocket state park here in east tn, there is a set up that you have probly never seen.

SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #2259
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member
1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
On I-80, western Utah, Newer 28-30 footer headed East.
That makes 4 on I-80 this week. A record
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #2260
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
Met Alclad at Delaware Seashore park. Great folks and their sweet #3? CA. Bambi.
1999 28' Safari
2012 F150 Platinum Max Tow 7650 GVWR 3.73 Elec. Locking Diff.(Prev 2003 Dmax).
Honda EU2000i, Equalizer Hitch
AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries
AIR 4534

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #2261
Rivet Master
1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
Spotted four today on the 550 mile journey from Pensacola, FL back home to Columbia. Two headed out of Atlanta down I-85. Both late models (2000s), but couldn't tell much more than that since they have erected the 6-foot high center divider. Spotted another late model 30-footer on I-20 West about half an hour later. Right around dusk, spotted what appeared to be an early 70s model on I-20 West near Aiken, SC. That one had only one tail light burning and no clearance lights at all. Looked a little dangerous.
Yesterday, cruised through Gulf State Park in Alabama. Spotted a beautiful 34-footer with a slide out, and what looked to be a '67 or '68 Tradewind in really nice shape.
Oh, and I almost forgot... Camped all week on a private lake next to my father's '72 Sovereign. It's been a good week for Airstream sightings considering how slow it started out. I managed over 650 miles before seeing the first one.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
1997 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Dually 6.5L Turbo Diesel
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #2262
2 Rivet Member
2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
We saw more Airstreams in one weekend than we have put together on any of our recent trips! There was a Land Yacht parked at Endless Caverns RV Resort in New Market, VA, where we were camping on Saturday night. Then on the way home yesterday, headed north on I-81 in the northern Shenandoah Valley of VA, we passed two Excellas (?) who must have been travelling together heading south on I-81 near Winchester, VA, along with an Airstream moho. (Sorry, I'm a newbie and don't know the specifics about older Airstream models!) Then we stopped at the West Virginia Welcome Center rest area on I-81 and parked right next to an old International with Louisiana plates. My hubby spoke to the owners briefly, who said that they were from central Louisiana, had bought their trailer secondhand, and had had it all over the country since they bought it (which must have been a number of years back.)
2010 25FB International Serenity
WBCCI #2515
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #2263
3 Rivet Member
2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
A older AS with a broken front drivers side window in Raybrook, NY just over the line

While in the Adirondacks going to Fish Creek there was an older AS with a damaged front window it was parked next to a garden center. I drove by it for five days and never saw anyone at the garden center or near AS.

At Fish Creek Pond the couple that does with Fish Creek camp guide with a tricked out Bambi that was fantastic.

Life Is Not A Dress Rehersal
It's okay to have too much fun
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #2264
4 Rivet Member
1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
It seemed like a good idea...

I'm confident this Airstream has been posted here before, but it was still a pleasant surprise as we rounded the corner in Dinosaurland at Disney's Animal Kingdom. There sits a classic vintage Airstream.

Our mission was to pick up our niece as she finished her internship at Disney World in central Florida. As she gave us an insider's tour of the place she's spent the last 6 month's as a guide on the Jungle Trek and bird show, we wandered from section to section. Most of the "insider" part was meeting friend after friend as she hugged her way through the park for the last time as an employee. As one would expect, most were polite young gentlemen employees about her age. Then she suddenly said, "I thought you'd like this." As I stood there figuring out the year and model, Marie said, "You just made his day." She had. The nameplate is gone, but I'm thinking it's a Tradewind somewhere between 1965 and 1967 with a faded yet classy "EAT HERE" paint scheme.

Not that you'd care, but since I'm rambling, let me tell you about an idea. That afternoon, Marie's cousin and family arrive from Melbourne for a quick reunion. The girls have plans, leaving the two husbands to fend for themselves. All we needed was an idea... Lay around the pool? The bar seemed capable of handling two husbands with no difficulty. Easy decision. Then the idea. Like most ideas it seemed like a good idea. Having seen plenty of Disney World over the years, how about a trip around the world in Epcot, sampling the traditional beer from each country. So, here's our report: It took a little over five hours. Nobody was seriously injured. We got the iPhone back from the nice folks at Lost and Found. After three or four countries, those little aches and pains typically associated with walking on hard pavement through the heat, humidity and small children were mysteriously absent. We met with mixed reviews on what seemed like a good idea. The surprising first place beer for taste was the UK (fear not, it was Irish Beer). An obvious close second was Germany - no real surprise. Shacksman is wondering about Canada. The truth is, we would have no beer in Canada that day. How do two husbands manage to get thrown out of an entire country at Epcot, you may ask. It turns out Canada apparently has higher standards than the other 10 countries. No harm - at that point it was still a big world to be conquered. The worst beer, in our collective opinion, was Norway. Great with vikings and such, like those little pastry horns filled with cream. Not so much with beer. Our wives caught us (I mean caught up with us) in Germany and kept us going in the right direction. I'm thinking, they were concerned we'd go the wrong direction and have to start over. You already know which country was least thrilled with our new version of the old passport stamping game, but you should know the young lady selling beer in America was the most enthusiastic. In fact, she thought it would be a good idea to circle one more time trying Vodkas in each country. We ended the adventure successfully in France. While we drank our French beer and contemplated the Grey Goose Slushy offered there, the fireworks show started. Then back to the pool.

The next two days were spent driving. Spotted this beauty northbound on I75 near the Georgia border.

Saw two more southbound on Saturday, but speed and rain didn't allow a lot of focus. One was a newer Safari, the other was an Airstream flash.

Saw two more southbound on Sunday. The first in South Carolina being towed by a red pickup, the second, in North Carolina, was another flash through the rain.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airtream.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	108896   Click image for larger version

Name:	RKB by Animal Kingdom Airstream.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	108897  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7592.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	108898  
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #2265
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
This is our third summer of 'streamin and we rarely share a campground with another AS - but you folks all know that. On this trip, we've been, so far, to four different campgrounds in Michigan. In the first one, we saw a '60s Caravel the present owner has had for twenty years. In the second one, none - as usual. Then we made it up to Mackinaw City where we saw three others in the campground: '04, 28' from the Chicago area, a 70's, 28' driver by a former NASCAR racer (before he had small children) and a 60's, 16' owned by a young couple plus ours. First time there were four of us in a single campground. Then we traveled to our fourth campground and there were two others when we checked in. We talked with the couple on one of them and discovered they were from an area less than an hour from our home! The second was from Texas. The next day, three more came in individually - making SIX of them in a single campground!!! There were older trailers, small trailers and one, a triple axle that looked to be at least 34' long - it looked to be 44' long!! but I know it wasn't. I haven't caught anyone at home yet but I'm anxious to discuss his TV, hitch, etc.... with him as I saw he was pulling it with a SUV.The Texan has departed but there are still FIVE airstreams in this campground!! I doubt that we'll run into this situation for a long time - but we never know. It is certainly a lot of fun discussing AS with other owners. I can't wait for our next three or four see if this continues. Talk with you again.............
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #2266
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
.......Not that you'd care, but since I'm rambling, let me tell you about an idea........
Roy, next time you find yourself in such dire straights, well, there's no really good way to say this, can I come with you guys?!

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #2267
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Did anybody else notice that this thread is approaching 200,000 views? I'll bet that's forum record of some kind.

Keep the reports coming! Maybe somebody will see us draggin' it down the road someday.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #2268
4 Rivet Member
1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania

Thanks for the offer. I'm sure a nesa member would have a pretty good sense of direction, a good perspective on adversity and would be always be welcome on an adventure like this one...

200000 views is pretty impressive. A great thread.

64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote

random sightings