Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #2129
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Longmont, CO to Seattle

We took our first long trip in our Airstream. We left home Monday morning April 26th and arrived in Seattle at 10:30PM on Tuesday. It was a long time consuming drive. We saw no Airstreams on the way up.

We stayed at Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell. A very nice Park, I highly recommend for any one wanting easy access to the Metro Seattle - Everett area.

There were two other Airstreams on the other side of the Park, an International and a Safari. The day before we left, another International ( I guess about 25 feet) pulled in right next to us. However due to the family obligations that this trip was all about, and the lousy cold wet weather, we did not get a chance to talk to any of them.

On the way back May 2nd, we whizzed by a group of 4 WBCCI member Airstreams, on a caravan to somewhere, parked in a pull out along I-90 just east of Snoqualmie Pass. That afternoon I called ahead and tried to get reservations at the Mountain Home RV Park. They didn't have room because there was a Rally going on there. I wondered if that was where the 4 Airstreams were going. We were able to stay at the Mountain Home KOA which was fine for our overnight needs. In fact our cats, Tiger and Daisy, loved it. They spend all night watching other cats wandering around outside.

The next day we exchanged light flashes with another Airstream (type unknown) going the opposite direction on I-84 in southern Idaho.

That was the extent of our sightings in over 48 hours of on the road time. Where is everyone?

Regards,

Ken

Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #2130
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Mo Hill , California
This is sitting in one of my neighbors yards. It's been in the back for a few years, I think he got it when he bought the property. All of a sudden it's been moved into the front yard. I havn't seen a for sale sign on it yet, but if someone is interested in it, I'll drop by and ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03292010446.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	102279  

www.ToddCreatedWood.com
http://toddcreatedwood.blogspot.com/
TPdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #2131
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPdrums View Post
This is sitting in one of my neighbors yards. It's been in the back for a few years, I think he got it when he bought the property. All of a sudden it's been moved into the front yard. I havn't seen a for sale sign on it yet, but if someone is interested in it, I'll drop by and ask.
That one isn't an Airstream...but that's OK.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #2132
2 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Mo Hill , California
No it's not an AS. It's a Silver Streak. These and a few other trailers are kinda infamous in my neighborhood, because the inventor was one of my neighbors. They are made very similarly though.

www.ToddCreatedWood.com
http://toddcreatedwood.blogspot.com/
TPdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #2133
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Question Interstates?

Forgive the slight twist on the use of this thread. I don't see many AS Interstates mentioned here and wonder if it's because they are not as recognizable as the classic AS trailers. The Interstate is the Class B motorhome built on the Sprinter chassis. I'd be interested in any Interstate sightings anywhere but would be particularly interested in any Interstates seen in Alaska. I suspect there are very few of them here. Mine is identifiable by the AK plate FUN182.

Thanks,
WS in AK
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #2134
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneskid View Post
Forgive the slight twist on the use of this thread. I don't see many AS Interstates mentioned here and wonder if it's because they are not as recognizable as the classic AS trailers. The Interstate is the Class B motorhome built on the Sprinter chassis. I'd be interested in any Interstate sightings anywhere but would be particularly interested in any Interstates seen in Alaska. I suspect there are very few of them here. Mine is identifiable by the AK plate FUN182.

Thanks,
WS in AK
I think it is recognition. They don't really stand out as something different. I passed one on our recent trip, and didn't even notice it until my wife said "Look, it says Airstream on it."
Then, when I made my list of what I saw on the trip, I forgot about it.
The one I saw was northwest bound on I-84 between Boise, ID and Ontario, OR, mid day on April 27th.

Regards,

Ken
Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #2135
Rivet Master

2010 22' Interstate
Anchorage , Alaska
Ken,

Very interesting! I passed that very same spot headed southeast exactly one week earlier on 4/20. This was during the early stages of my 4100 mile "bring the Interstate home to AK" trip.

You are correct about the recognition aspect, especially since there are now several upfitters doing Class B or B+ conversions on the Sprinter chassis. After my inaugural run, I can see why the list is growing. This is an awesome vehicle!

WS in AK
AIR #44779
TAC AK-1 !!
wayneskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #2136
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Was there a rally in Long Beach today?

Did I miss the memo? I was driving on Interstate 405 today in Southern California. First I passed a 25' International (photo 1) being towed by a tan Dodge pickup going north in Orange County. Next about 5 minutes later I saw a vintage about 25' going the other way (no photo).
Then I saw a 19' Bambi (newer) being towed by a Chevy conversion van going South just past L. A. International airport. Finally I saw a mid 90' (I think) about 30' being towed by a Suburban near L. A. International. (photo 2) It was going the other way. Sometimes I find it difficult to snap a photo of Airstreams going the other way on an L. A. Freeway...go figure?
Randy Bowman
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0860[1].jpg
Views:	60
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	102517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0862[1].jpg
Views:	67
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	102518  

Old 05-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #2137
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Gillette , Wyoming
Disney Airstreams

I don't know if anyone has mentioned these, but I just got back from a Disney vacation and they had a few.

1. Animal Kingdom has a full one parked near dino land.

2. The disney cruise ship "Wonder", has the rear end of one next to one of it's on board clubs. The one on the ship looks to be a late 60 maybe early 70s rear end, but it looks good!

I took pictures at each one, but just got back last night. I will post them when I download them.

"Listen, do you smell something?" - Dr. Ray Stantz
mickeymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #2138
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymoose View Post
1. Animal Kingdom has a full one parked near dino land.
This one is quiet popular as a tourist attraction for Airstream owners.

Name:   International Osaurus 001.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:   International Osaurus 002.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  36.6 KB

I was unaware of the one on the Wonder, but then again, we haven't been on a Disney Cruise yet.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #2139
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
I was at Ft Chiswell RV park in Ft Chiswell VA on thurs night 5/20, and there was a fairly new AS there, no numbers of any kind. They was gone before I had a chance to catch them on Friday.
we left on saturday, 5/22 and proceeded to Myrtle Beach, got at the Myrtle beach state park and went to bed after power hook up, next day got a small chance to kinda see a little of the park and noticed a couple of AS here and a squirestream. By the time we got back from an appt they was gone.

Sarge
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 AM   #2140
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
You think that looks long??

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagues View Post
This one rolled in to the campground we were staying at in Charlotte NC on Monday, 4/5. I don't think I'd ever before seen an Airstream that long. I recall thinking that our F-150 + 20' Safari would fit inside it.
If you think that looks long, you should see mine hooked behind my excursion...
I wish someone would catch me on the road and take a picture of it when driving.

Sarge
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Blue Ridge Parkway May 2010 005.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	103177  
Old 05-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #2141
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Around 10 oclock this morning, I saw a charming little Airsteam, maybe a Bambi, with a blue kayak on the tv, pulling off Hwy 63 onto what used to be Nifong Rd in Columbia, MO. They probably wondered who the crazy lady was in the red diesel truck wildily waving at them. Their rig look summer good ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #2142
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1967 26' Overlander
Alex , Oklahoma
Spotted a 1958 "Silver Streak" (SKY) at Eddies RV in Chickasha, OK. Stopped to check it out. Someone brought it in to be fixed so he can use it as a fishing camper. Body was in great shape, rear window was broken out, two wing windows were also broken. Still had the old frig and oven. Not sure what work the guy is wanting Eddie to do. It was about a 16', not sure how the Silver Streak are measured.

AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
random sightings