Old 03-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #197
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
#1 Child saw one here on McDonough this afternoon. I wonder if that guy in Madison was headed this way?

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 PM   #198
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Just returned to Missouri from our trip to Key West. Saw lots of Airstreams streaming back North as we were headed down along the Gulf Coast and on I75. We wondered how many might be forum friends. Besides visiting with friends in Naples and on Marco, our prime intent on this trip was to scout for a place to stay if we go back next winter. Our best finds were state parks; our prime one we hope to return to is Long Key State Park, mid keys. Beautiful! We saw a small Argosy and two Airstreams when we drove past. Were these you? We wonder how hard it is to make reservations at this lovely place? We'll report back if successful. ~G
Naples and Marco..........You were right in my back yard!!!!!!! Should have given me a shout-out and we could have had a beer, or tea, or just said hi in the Publix parking lot!!!! Be sure to let me know next time your in the 'Hood.

lewster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:02 AM   #199
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster
Naples and Marco..........You were right in my back yard!!!!!!! Should have given me a shout-out and we could have had a beer, or tea, or just said hi in the Publix parking lot!!!! Be sure to let me know next time your in the 'Hood.
Lew........when are you in the "Hood"? We get up there a couple of times a year, and had a forums rally last November at Deschutes SP just east of HR! Hood is a place to go to feel young again.....lots of ski/bike/water sports shops, coffee houses, neat restaurants, and art galleries! Full of energy!
If you're in the area in April, we're having a rally in Wenatchee, WA April 21-23. Would be great if you could make it!

2005 28' CCD

2013 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4, 6.5' bed, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.73 rear axle, Max Tow Pkg
Equalizer hitch
Honda 3000 genset
WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #200
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
While traveling between Tryon, NC and Ashville, NC this past week, we spotted a "Train" of old Airsteams in a hairpin turn of a spot called Moonshine Junction, NC just above Lake Lure. I took several pictures as the sight of all these trailers in this particular location, was most surprising. The trailers were of all years and in various conditions. It was difficult to tell if this was merely a storage area behind a store or a reclaimation lot. What appeared to be an Avion Funeral Coach was parked out front. The trailers were neatly stored all in a line of around a dozen or more some with doors and windows open! Most unusual.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #201
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Here is couple

Zoomin and Vajeep on the way to Bristol!!
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #202
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I went down a differnt row at my RV storage yard today and saw these two. The first is (I think) a 23 Safari with Michigan plates, funny I know it has been here a while and it is attached to a TV, WD bars and all. The second is big and very nice. 3 axles (34 foot) and check out the seven stars by the numbers. I am not a member, but don't you get a star for every 5 years of membership? These guys are real veterans of the WBCCI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	michigan.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	20096   Click image for larger version

Name:	7stars.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	20097  

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:15 AM   #203
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
LOVE that 34!

AZ -

Thanks for the photos of those AS's in 'your' backyard. I LOVE the photo of that 34 with the laydown LP bottles, and that wicked looking wraparound front window!!!! I can tell you from experience that the world looks GROOVY from the vantage point inside....!!!! Rose colored glasses?? I think not.

BTW, there is a 34er in the NM unit with 5 stars. Wayne Kelly. But 7!??! That is called putting your time in!

What is the TV that is left attached to the other trailer?? Must be some kinda nice being able to "park" your AS, AND your TV. Hope that it isn't left with the weight on the TV - ie hitch jack down. NICE units to either side of those trailers - right side of the tracks, eh?

AirStreams still look the classiest - even next to a prevost or other SOB, IMO.

Thanks for the photos!

Axel
Old 04-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #204
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
1968 22' Safari
Tyler , Texas
Two smaller Airstreams

These two appeared at almost the same time in a trailer park in Tyler, TX near my home. I risked a "drive-by shooting" to get these--sorry I couldn't get to the door side. Any idea what they are? They look rather small compared to my 29' '72 International. If I could find one like the first image in better shape I would probably buy it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	20325   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	20326  

Old 04-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #205
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
While watching the "Boob Tube" last evening, I saw what I believe was a NISSAN truck commercial. At the very end of the ad, they show an aerial shot of a long line of trucks on the highway towing trailers. The AIRSTREAM trailer is in the middle of the line. You'll have to look quickly.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Brach
These two appeared at almost the same time in a trailer park in Tyler, TX near my home. I risked a "drive-by shooting" to get these--sorry I couldn't get to the door side. Any idea what they are? They look rather small compared to my 29' '72 International. If I could find one like the first image in better shape I would probably buy it.
The top one is a 1966 22' Safari. Several little clues give it away, the style of windows, the location of the water heater (streetside), etc.

The lower one is a 1967 or 1968 24' Tradewind. Again the type of windows and location of the water heater (curbside) give it away.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #207
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoominC6
While watching the "Boob Tube" last evening, I saw what I believe was a NISSAN truck commercial. At the very end of the ad, they show an aerial shot of a long line of trucks on the highway towing trailers. The AIRSTREAM trailer is in the middle of the line. You'll have to look quickly.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that Nissan designed the Basecamp! "As per Don at the Airstream Factory tour" Real fun tour by the way.
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #208
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Did you tour the Mothership today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlink
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that Nissan designed the Basecamp! "As per Don at the Airstream Factory tour" Real fun tour by the way.
Hi Artlink:

Did you take the tour today with Don? I did, and if you did too, then based on the Forum description of your unusual tow vehicle (which I noticed in the SW corner of the Service Center parking lot because it kinda stands apart from the typical tow vehicle) and your 95' Excella, then we met ... without even knowing it!! I'm the old fart in the yellow AIRSTREAM base ball cap and brown T-shirt who owns a '64 Globe Trotter. Nice meeting you in person ... and then again tonight on the I'net. I'll be back in JC most of tomorrow at the WBCCI HQ on the east end of town before I head back to Denver. Drop in if you're in the 'hood.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #209
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Hi Artlink:

Did you take the tour today with Don? I did, and if you did too, then based on the Forum description of your unusual tow vehicle (which I noticed in the SW corner of the Service Center parking lot because it kinda stands apart from the typical tow vehicle) and your 95' Excella, then we met ... without even knowing it!! I'm the old fart in the yellow AIRSTREAM base ball cap and brown T-shirt who owns a '64 Globe Trotter. Nice meeting you in person ... and then again tonight on the I'net. I'll be back in JC most of tomorrow at the WBCCI HQ on the east end of town before I head back to Denver. Drop in if you're in the 'hood.
Hey Fred,
WoW, nice meeting ya, without knowing it. I'll be staying over again today 04/11 and will try to stop by.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #210
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Colorful little thing...

Saw this little A/S in a parking lot in Destin several weeks back. Not sure if the inside was gutted, but I didn't get out...looks like one they use down here at the beach as an ice cream "shop"...or something along those lines.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0317061301.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	20379   Click image for larger version

Name:	0317061301a.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	20380  

2005 22' Safari-
...lost her in the divorce-