Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Minneapolis , Minnesota
Airstream Park lot prices

Does anyone have information on average prices of Airstream Park lots around the country? I know they are more reasonable that parks open to all brands due to limited size market (Airstream owners only), but wonder how prices vary from one area to the next. The Minnesota Airstream Park is the only one I know of with "for sale" lots listed on their website...they even have one on Ebay right now at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4565588942&ssPageName= ADME:B:LC:MT:1

Also, does anyone know where to get a listing of all the parks and contact names?

Thanks!

David
SMPLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
Welcome to the forum David. Have you spent a night or two in the Minnesota Park?
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Acworth , Georgia
Airstreams Only

David:

For starters there is a short listing of Airstream Parks on the WBCCI website. I am not sure that it is an exhaustive list, but it is one listing I know of. Being from the Eastern US, I know that "Top of Georgia" allows WBCCI members to stay for $6.00 per night. www.wbcci.org
Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #4
Craftsman

Is there a detailed listing of ALL Airstream only parks??
Old 07-29-2005, 03:53 PM   #5
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Region 9 parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
Is there a detailed listing of ALL Airstream only parks??
Can't help overall, but here is a clickable map of Region 9 parks on my Region 9 website.

I also have a page of all the other Airstream parks that I know of here I can't guarantee this listing is current since I gathered it up some time ago.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Minneapolis , Minnesota
sovereignrwe wrote:

Welcome to the forum David. Have you spent a night or two in the Minnesota Park?

SMPLSGUY writes:
Yes - I have vistited the MN Airstream park, it's wonderful! I just can't figure out why this park, and other Airstream parks are so hard to find...by that I mean it took me a long time to learn of their existence, and now would like to find out more about other Airstream Parks as well.

I've seen the WBCCI list, but it's my understanding that it includes only those parks that are exclusive not just to Airstream, but to WBCCI members only..not sure what percentage of the total that is, but it would be interesting to know.

Pahaska - thanks for the link! That's the most I've seen so far. I wonder if there could be a page on this forum with "as complete of a listing as possible" with info gathered from members?

Any other resources? I'm very interested in learning about the pricing of the lots or shares in these parks.

Thanks everyone -

David
SMPLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
I guess I hadn't thought about the fact that the WBCCI list would be limited to WBCCI members. I would have thought that there would be benefit in including all Airstream Parks in that list.

I would support a list on the forum at least until we can confirm or deny that the WBCCI list is or isn't conclusive.
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

Old 08-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
BDBLUEGRASS

1975 31' Sovereign
HEBER SPRINGS , Arkansas
Airstream parks

We are going to be in the Mpls area in September for a few days and would like to know the location of the Airstream Only park. Could you give us the name of the park and where it is? Thanks, bdbluegrass
bdbluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Clear Lake Airstream Park

http://www.airforums.com/revie...php/product/46 is the contact information. Can't say I've heard of any others in Minnesota. This is just over an hour NW of Minneapolis. Quickest way is to head west on I-94 to Clearwater, exiting N at Hwy 24. Clear Lake is a handful of miles north of Clearwater; turn right on Hwy 10. Airstream Park signs will just be east of Clear Lake, pointing north. The park is 3-4 miles off Hwy 10.

You will be so totally missing the mosquito season that we cannot grant your honorary 'Sufferin' Minnesotan' badge of honor. Really -- you will be here at the best time of the year. For major maple-colored scenery I hope you manage to head to the northern forests of Wisconsin after you leave MN! (Try Bayfield -- but avoid Apple Fest weekend...)

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #10
BDBLUEGRASS

1975 31' Sovereign
HEBER SPRINGS , Arkansas
Airstream Only Parks

Thanks So Much For The Info. We Will Be Going Into Central Wisconsin To A Family Reunion Then Back Through Minn To North Dakota Then South To The Badlands For A Few Days Then Back To The Ozarks Will Be On The Rd For About Two Weeks So Any Info On Campgrounds Near Our Route Areas Will Be Welcome We Have A 31 Ft Sovereign 1975 Tv Ford Superduty 2001 Diesel Looking Forward To The Trip Thanks Again
Bdbluegrass

Billy And Diane
bdbluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Join the club, get a number, get the Blue Beret, look up the ads for the list of parks, send the lady the money and get the list. I do think some are restricted to members as some are run by units.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 PM   #12
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
I agree with Over59...
Even if you only get out a few times a year (like we do) membership is the club is a great benefit. We're members of the Oregon Unit.
In the northwest, we have a great Airstream park operated by the Washington Unit. Their website is
http://www.waunitwb.com/Index.html

As we say in WBCCI, "see you down the road!"

jim
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:28 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2020 30' Flying Cloud
1995 25' Excella
Clear Lake , Minnesota
Am a member of WBCCI...wearing our numbers proud (on the trailer of course)

Old 08-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #14

WBCCI & Airstream Parks

I support both the WBCCI & Airstream Parks, but keep in mind that they are usually two different organizations, albeit with very very similar goals and membership!

The MN Airstream Park is great - friendly people, quiet and wooded area, good facilities and free golfing! The price is very low compared to other campgrounds, and it's very handy to the Minneapolis metro if you're headed there.

Rob
Rob McGraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:57 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
hope this helps...

Jersey Shore Haven - S. Seaville, NJ - site is down

Paradise Park Condominium Assoc. - Punta Gorda, FL - http://www.ppca.us/

Top of Georgia - Helen, GA - http://home.alltel.net/topofga/

Penn Wood Airstream Park - Clarion, PA - http://www.pennwood.org/

Minnesota Airstream Park - St. Cloud, MN - http://www.airstreampark.com/

Airsteam Park - Christmas, FL - http://chapter15.home.att.net/html/airstream_park.html

Mystic Springs Airstream Park - McDavid, FL - http://www.geocities.com/mystic-springs/

Highland Haven Airstream Park - Floyd Cty, VA - http://www.vahighlandhaven.org/

Cherokee Land Yacht Harbor - Vian, OK - website not available

Tennessee Cumberland Plateau Campground - Crossville, TN - http://www.airstreamtcpc.org/

North Texas Airstream Community - Hillsboro, TX - http://www.hillsboro.net/users/tcollier/ntac.html

Washington Land Yacht Harbor - http://www.waunitwb.com/
munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:59 PM   #16
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I know there's also one in Show Low, Arizona but don't know the contact information. I'll see if I can find it. Always wanted to check it out but can't seem to find where it is.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:50 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I don't have time to research all past threads but know this has been discussed in some detail before. Let me just put in a plug for my dad's hometown and taking a side trip (which I did as a youngster) to Cook Forest and Clarion, PA's Airstream Park.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
1993 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Apache Junction, AZ
Yes, there is one near Show Low, AZ. It's called Ponderosa Shadows. There are forty sites, some of which are for sale. The park phone # is 928-537-1103 (leave message) or call me on my cell phone (480-540-2946) for more info.

Terry
Attached Files
File Type: doc brochure2002text.doc (23.5 KB, 95 views)
n7bdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Hang in there Brad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
I know there's also one in Show Low, Arizona but don't know the contact information. I'll see if I can find it. Always wanted to check it out but can't seem to find where it is.

FF
Sounds like we are both too young! According to the linked brochure, you must be 55 to become a member...
Quote:
Membership is limited to mature adults at least 55 years of age, (at least one spouse must meet this requirement)
...guess we aren't mature enough!

Some day...thanks for posting the info n7bdl ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
A GREAT place to add to the library of Airstream Only parks would be under the "Campgrounds" tab.

There is a whole section set aside for Airstream Only Parks

It would help to note whether they are 'members only', have stipulations or whether short-term visitors 'passing through' are welcome too. It appears some are for 'campers' and some are more link a 'home-away-from-home' for members only.

I have a trip planned to the Regional Rally in Casa Grande in October...I would have loved to make the Show Low park a stop over point...oh well!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote