Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2003, 07:07 AM   #21
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Old photo needs changed

I noticed that the bedroom photo used for the International AS is a photo of the prototype and is quite different from the production unit. In the prototype, the side window is located much higher and the dresser, while attractive, is totally different from production.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:59 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2003 25' Safari
Kissimmee , Florida
I saw a 19" International at Shorewood RV last Sunday. I saw a 16" Bambi at Bates RV in December (must have been a left over 2002).
Old 03-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #23
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Another small omission

They should add the floorplan for the International AS with the couch option. I replaced my dinette with a couch and it was a great improvement to the trailer. I would recommend the couch option to all new buyers.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #24

It's nice to see they are still including informations about older trailers, like weights in the FAQ page.

I did not see it on the first day. It looks like they have added stuff since my first visit.
That's why I had started to panic. Wiith the exception of "History", they did not have anything useful about older trailers.
It's nice to see that they are back in business, supporting every unit made.
femuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
new website and Bambi

I think the website is great! I'd like to see more pictures of the various models and floorplans though.

I noticed that they don't show a floorplan for the 16' Bambi, but they give specifications for it. Do you think they're planning to bring it back?
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #26
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Not sure, but they seem to be building a 16' International.

It would be kind of neat if they could do what the car dealers do and custom build your own. What would be even more cool, is if you could build your own, price it out, buy it on the web and have it delivered to your door.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:33 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Glad to know that the info is still available. I'll know where to look now. Thank you.

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 02:18 PM   #28
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Corp. Competition??

In looking at the redesigned AS web site, I was stuck how they pan to have a forum Here

Quote:
From the site
COMING SOON! - Airstreamers meet here! You are the people who make Airstream the legend that it is. The people that hitch up and go, experience the world's beauty from within the scenery. This section of Airstream.com is from us to you. It will serve you as a meeting point to communicate with other Airstreamers, share ideas, plan trips, advertise rallies, trade used Airstream items, show your favorite images, suscribe to the Official Airstreamer Newsletter and get on the road. Find out a little about the Airstreamer community below - or simply dive right and stat seeing, doing and living more!

Andy was here first, and I for one will do what I can to be sure he is here for a long time. I love the Airstream product, but I will not be a member of the Corp. Forum. I for one would not want to see the information database that has been built here just be gone like other Corp. web sites, due to redesign or budget decisions.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 06:45 PM   #29
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Brett,

Do you think the two can co-exist? I like airstreamforums too, very much and don't want it to go either and am all for posting most of my stuff here either way. But do you think it's possible to co-exist?

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote