Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2004, 08:57 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
dscluch ....

... can you enlighten us as to the size & paper quality of the premier issues of time, newsweek, or what did you call it, the insurance profession journals?

Rich, I send a way-over-the-top vote for quality over quantity, especially if we must perforce be compared to insurance tabloids.

$32 PRICEY???? are you folks out of your nuts? i spent that on a tulip bulb once & it only came around one a year, much less 4. and no negotiating with the tulip bulb neither.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM   #82
2 Rivet Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream Life
it may be available through your local Airstream dealer.
Ask them if they'll carry it. Otherwise, the only way to get it is to subscribe!
No thanks Rluhr if I want to go on a snipe hunt I'll pick the season and the prey.Afraid you'll have to convince them to carry it. Just kidding.
Actually I'll be pleased to mention it to them. Now when he asks if there is a consignment or buy back deal, or what the margin he might make is, what do you want me to tell him. Is there a dealer-sales number to call.
Will my commish be paid in quarterly? Can I have a draw? Do you offer health insurance?

I'll just wait and find one to look at and if I like it I'll gladly subscribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
I'd like to add a few questions to Roadeo's:

1) Was a debut copy, wrapped in reflective aluminum, sent to the Hubble Space Station? If not, why?

2) If I want to reserve Issue #7, single copy only, will the publisher bring it to my house?

3) My great-aunt Spigella plans to take a 5-year cruise on the QE2. Will she be able to either A) get it at the ship newsstand or B) find a copy in Bora Bora?

4) Does it come with a candy bar? It ought to ...
Now to the forum's Matron of Malevolence, a virtual fountain of enmity, from deep within her palace of malice...Summerkid, I must admit that I had decided that if you were ever to adorn the center fold even semi provocatively, I would buy 50 subscriptions to spare at least that small number of my fellow men. But then it dawned on me, why bother. You show your arse right here on the forum at least once a month. No staples!

And as for dear old Spigella, I suspect she'll be in Bora Bora long before you actually aquire one of your imagined Airstreams or find your Mr.Goodbar.
roadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
... can you enlighten us as to the size & paper quality of the premier issues of time, newsweek, or what did you call it, the insurance profession journals?

Rich, I send a way-over-the-top vote for quality over quantity, especially if we must perforce be compared to insurance tabloids.

$32 PRICEY???? are you folks out of your nuts? i spent that on a tulip bulb once & it only came around one a year, much less 4. and no negotiating with the tulip bulb neither.
OK Rich....double the paper quality of Summerkid's issue, and cut the content down by half to 34 pages. He won't mind.

I subscribe to the publications of The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors- The Advisor, and to The Journal of Financial Services Professionals published by The Society of Financial Service Professionals.
They are NOT tabloids...just very dry reading on the more advanced applications of life insurance and financial planning.
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
no, dsc ...

... i must insist on getting my airstream life as exactly as i have been receiving it. i've loved all the content & i've loved all the quality & i vote that we raise the price to NINE dollars an issue, it's THAT good.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:08 AM   #85
2 Rivet Member

Magazine Content??

Is there stuff in the mag for vintage folks? Restoration issues, and lots of photos? While I admire he new trailers, my interests are in the older ones.

Thanks,

Ken in Canada, where $32 will be more like double (at least) by the time in I get it .
TroutStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #86
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I just had a wonderful PM exchange with Rich, the publisher of Airstream Life.
He has great plans for the magazine in the future. Tell your friends to subscribe now!
If any of you are self employed, you know that new businesses evolve into mature businesses over time.
Rich is listening and taking note of our comments about Airstream Life. He is responsive. He has great plans for the future issues of the magazine. The thing he needs most is SUBSCRIBERS! Just like any new businesses need customers.
There is something for every Airstreamer in the magazine. I got mine a few days ago. Lots of pics. Lots of information about vintage history of the WBCCI and the old caravans. Information about everything Airstream.
I am sure if there is something specific you would like to see covered, dropping Rich a PM or contacting him through www.airstreamlife.com would result in it being put on the list. He might even work with you as a contributing editor or publish some of your photos if it is applicable.
Bottom line::: it is a growing start up publication. If you want to see it succeed and be what you want in a magazine dedicated to Airstream Life, then you need to subscribe and help the cause.
...just my 2 cents...
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #87
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member

Ferrisburg , Vermont
Wow .... thanks! I couldn't have said it any better.
Airstream Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:18 PM   #88
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Rich.

Absolutely offer single issues at $15.00 or more. There may not be alot of takers, but make it worth your while. It would be a very good idea to somehow get in the dealerships with a few issues.

When I was at the AS factory a little over a year ago, I picked up a list of all authorized AS dealers. I have no use for it, but if you'd like it PM me and I'll send it on to you.

And I agree twith Summerkid...it is that good

When someone is reallly into something in a big way, like Airtsreams, radio controlled cars, boats, whatever, I think you will find someone willing pay regardless of cost. If a person is going to dispose of 30-70K on a travel trailer, fifteen or twenty bucks won't kill them financially, which after getting their copy, they'll subscribe.

Jonathan
Old 08-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #89
Lost My Rivets

2013 30' Classic
New Braunfels , Texas
I have to agree, this is a great article. Got my issue yesterday and read it all in one sitting. My wife kept yelling at me, to let her look at it.

Congrats to Airstreamforums' member Pahaska for his flashlight holder article.
WBCCI #3162, VAC
1969 Overlander International

"It's the little things in life that...."
jdleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #90
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
My issue arrived I have read it cover to cover, all good. I especially like the article An affair of the Heart by Forrest McClure and Wally Byam's 1948 European Tour by Fred Coldwell. Keep up the great work.

Royce
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote