Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member
2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
unless retail sales start to pickup on cars trucks rvs etc,a few years from now the value of a good used unit is going to be very strong.the unit i have is almost nonexistant on the used market.demand will dictate how well this unit will hold up on the used market.big units need big trucks to pull them.i plan to hang on to my truck and trailer as long as i can.dont really care what the value is on either since i dont intend to sell.if i need to sell i will be selling privately,since dealers imho are lowballers.

xonvldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #44
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Originally Posted by purman View Post
An SOB will last 20+ years if looked after. Just like an AS.
While that might be true, think about how many 40 to 50+ year old SOB TTs you see on the road, being used (I don't mean rusting quietly in a trailer park), then compare that number to how many 40 to 50+ year old AS TTs you see on the road.

Stick and tin construction (the SOB) will rot with time, all over. At least an AS has a metal frame, so you won't find the roof collapsing in on you in a heavy rain one day.

Sure, with an AS you need to mind the floor, since it seems ready to disappear like an Alka-Seltzer tablet in the rain, if every leak isn't caught right off the bat.

But even the roughest, rotted out old AS is of interest to someone as a project. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but how many rotted-out old SOBs get lovingly restored and put back on the road?

None at all that I've seen...

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote