Old 01-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Airstream Dealer Recommendation?

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are in the market to buy a new Airstream and have narrowed our purchase down to a 2014 27 FB International Serenity. There are no dealers near us, so we will be dealing long distance with whomever we choose to buy from.

Two dealers who have what we want are Airstream Adventures Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Boise) and Desert Autoplex in Mesa, AZ.

Does anyone on this forum have any information or experience with these dealers?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. There is very little info on these two dealers from the internet and the Airstream Adventures NW was not even accredited with BBB. However both dealers are recognized as "Authorized Airstream" dealers and are listed directly on Airstream's website.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDreamer View Post
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are in the market to buy a new Airstream and have narrowed our purchase down to a 2014 27 FB International Serenity. There are no dealers near us, so we will be dealing long distance with whomever we choose to buy from.

Two dealers who have what we want are Airstream Adventures Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Boise) and Desert Autoplex in Mesa, AZ.

Does anyone on this forum have any information or experience with these dealers?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. There is very little info on these two dealers from the internet and the Airstream Adventures NW was not even accredited with BBB. However both dealers are recognized as "Authorized Airstream" dealers and are listed directly on Airstream's website.
Airstream Adventures NW is an outstanding dealer.

They deliver the goods always as promised or contracted for.

Andy

Old 01-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Covington , Washington
I live two blocks from the Airstream Northwest dealer in Seattle (Covington, WA). The entire crew there is great and treat customers real well. I mostly deal with Dale in the parts department but everyone there is awesome. They have also started a certified used AS program in case you wanted to save some cash.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Airstream Forums mobile app
Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I purchased my 2014 FC 20' from Airstream Adventures NW, Boise.

Satisfactory in all ways, I did well on the price, and did most of my deal over the phone and by email, after having visited the physical location once. They were able to have one of their "on order" units changed to my exact specifications, and I had it in slightly over a month after making the deal and just after the 2014 model year started in May.

The one warrantee service day I was there was handled very well by the service manager and the service guys. Most everything I had on my list to be looked at was done, which surprised me thinking I would need to return for some of the items another day.

I can give them a good rating in all ways.

In Mesa, you will wind up paying extra local sales taxes which will probably not be under the reciprocal tax arrangements most states have for out of state purchase. I winter in the Phoenix area and started my negotiations in Mesa, but found the sales tax situation to make a lot of difference in my case. I also got a better dealer price in Boise. The Mesa people are very nice though and it seems like a good dealership. Denny, the lead Airstream guy there has been selling Airstreams forever, but at a different dealership, the old one in Apache Junction, now out of business.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Thank you for the responses.

I was not aware of the tax issues.

I just figured I paid no tax to the state where purchased and then paid the sales tax required by my state and my state license fees.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
On adventure with H&G

2012 30' Flying Cloud
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1966 28' Ambassador
Lansing , Kansas
Airstream NW

I too have had very good experiences with Airstream NW. Not so much with the dealers in St. Louis and Denver. In my experience living in Washington not as a state resident, one can purchase there but pay the appropriate sales tax for your home state and register and license there. That is what I have done with two trailers purchased in Wa state. Just let them know up front.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Negotiate with both. The price difference may compensate for any tax issues.

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
And do check the tax situation. Example if the dealer is required to collect local sales tax and that tax is higher than your Colorado tax you will not get any refund. Been there and done that. Wasn't a happy camper....
ProPride
NØVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
We drove all the way from Montana to buy from AS Adv NW in Covington, WA ... even though there is a local AS dealer. Need I say more...

We were treated superbly by Steve and CJ. After the sale, they had a very nice gift basket for us that made the first night out in Eddie even more special. Tell them we sent you! (they will remember us from Montana with the aerial photography helos)

mefly2
Old 01-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
In my situation Arizona and Idaho have a reciprocal arrangement on the state part of the sales tax when buying in one state, but a resident of another. However, that did not apply to the local (in this case Mesa) portion of the tax. You paid it to Mesa, and nothing would allow you to not pay it, or get it refunded. It was close to 2% as I recall.

The point is to be sure to check your state sales tax and how it is collected vs. the state you purchase in. There are lots of variations in what is done in both the selling state and the residence state. Make no assumptions, know before you purchase. Even 2% of $50,000 purchase price is $1000 in question.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #11
bigmikeeb

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2013 27' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
We bought our 27' 2013 FB Flying Cloud from Airstream Adventures Northwest in Portland, Oregon. The people there could not have been more helpful. They answered all out questions, did not pressure us at all, and made sure we knew how all the systems worked before we left the lot. I highly recommend them
Old 01-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
2013 Int. Sig 23D

2013 23' International
Des Moines , Washington
Bought my 2013 Int. Sig 23D from Airstream NW in Covington WA. and was very happy with the transaction. My salesman Tom is no longer there but CJ should have no problem taking good care of you and will work with you on price within reason...Great Experience!
Russ & Leslie Roberts
Old 01-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Airstream NW as dealerships in Seattle, Portland, Boise and Fairfield (CA). I recently bought an 2013 25 FB Int'l Signature from the Fairfield dealership.

This is our second (first was a 2005 28 CCD Int'l - later sold - and bought at another RV dealer).

ANW is great. Negotiation low key, great price off MSRP, great service dept, and they are stowing my AS for free. Oh yes, they want me to call 2-3 days before I take my AS out so they can wash and prep it so it's ready for me.

I couldn't be happier with them. They do AS and only AS and are very good at it.

Fairfield CA is probably a shorter drive from Durango. If you go, ask for Armand Jones for your salesman, and Bobby V for your finance manager. And tell them Mike and Angela referred you.

Also, you can check out internet specials they might have: www.bayareaairstream.com

Good luck!
Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Colonial in New Jersey!

We traveled and talked to quite a few Airstream dealers. We received the best price and outstanding support from Colonial Airstream in NJ! We live in Colorado, so making a decision to purchase so far away was a risk. We could not have been more satisfied!! The cost of our new 25FB Flying Cloud from Colonial was good enough to offset the cost to drive from Colorado to NJ to pick it up. plus we enjoyed an outstanding first voyage in Our new Airstream through the Blueridge and many other areas we normally would not have considered.

We have had only a few warrantee issues, and Colonial worked with Jackson to arrange warrantee service in our home town here in Colorado(we do not have an Airstream dealer here in our part of Colorado). The service we got was outstanding!!

We have ordered a few accessories, and parts from Colonial, and they have always been helpful and quick to ship way "out in the west".

I know it sounds nuts buying in NJ, when we live in Colorado ,but in our case we could not be more satisfied!!