Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
AirStream Buyer Alert!!!!

I would like to bring to the attention of the airstream community a certain 1994 34 foot Ltd. Classic Airstream trailer. I just saw it again today on eBay in another attempt to sell this trailer. The person who is offering this trailer on eBay has an e-mail that is listed on the website:

The Nekkid Truth: fraud

This particular website deals with those who have attempted to commit fraud on the Internet.

The current sale on eBay has already been removed by eBay. The first time I saw this trailer for sale on eBay it had a buy it now price of $2900. As you might imagine one of those too good to be true deals. But as I am just a curious person I had to respond to the auction and the seller e-mailed me back with these photos. I must admit it was a beautiful rig. But the more I questioned the seller the more I knew it had to be some type of a scam. I will include one of the pictures in her e-mail to me.

This is no joke please be aware of this trailer and attempt to defraud. I will not include her e-mail address as I do not want to get the blog into any trouble. And also like to get the message out before someone gets in tangled in her web. I myself drop the matter altogether except for this warning. In one of her e-mails she states that the trailer has been created for shipping and could not be viewed at this time. I was already suspicious but this was the topper. I'm not positive about this but I don't think you can create a trailer of this size and deliver it 1000 miles from its present location and not charge the buyer a penny.

I attached a few pics for you.

Sorry no pick-up option available. I ended the auction because I received too many offers for the item.

If you want to complete the purchase please send me your eBay ID, your full name and address and I will notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer. Payment will be done by bank to bank wire transfer and will be supervised by eBay. The financial part of this deal will be managed by them. They are acting like a third party in this deal. After I get in touch with them they will contact you to explain the entire procedure. After you will receive the transaction details from eBay you will have to send a
$2,900.00 to an eBay agent.

As soon as you send the payment to eBay then I will start to make all the shipping arrangements.
They will keep the money until you receive it and test it.
Please email me soon if you want to move forward.

SaabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I have seen other similar scams. My personal favorite is the "you can't see it because it is crated for shipment". These scammers are so stupid that they would use that same excuse for not showing the item if they were selling the Brooklyn Bridge.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Hey, that is a great deal! I am going to send my certified, non-refundable, non-traceable check right now!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Amazing. I wonder if there are really people out there so stupid, they would fall for something like this. I guess there must be, or scammers wouldn't keep trying.

Unbelievable

2500HD DMax............30' Classic
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
It just doesn't make sense.

Anyone bright enough to type 'eBay' should be able to figure this is a fraud.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Scams

Out of curiosity I responded to one of those ebay to good to be true offers. I was directed to not bid but contact the seller directly who told me the coach was in a warehouse in California and he was in the UK. When I asked for the location of the warehouse the excuses started coming.

The seller was actually a bonafide ebay seller whose ID was stolen.

I am a bit dissapointed that ebay is not able to do a better job policeing it's listings
Old 02-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'd say what a clown, but some folks would do just as he suggests.

I get a big kick out of no pickup option avail....why...could it be because he doesn't have it?
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Must be this sellers 2,900 day
Buy all these for just 2,900 each!!
eBay Seller: jads409: Other Vehicles Trailers, 1988 Dodge 230XL Van Camper Class B MUST SELL QUICKLY items on eBay Motors
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
That is the same trailer. But the seller is not the same. I think someones sellers account has been hijacked. I would not touch that deal with a 10 foot pole. The other seller also had great feedback. The Airstream that I saw was in Atlanta. It was to be shipped free of charge to me to check out for 10 days at which time if I agreed to go forward with the deal they would issue me the title. All this at a cost of $2900. I have a friend that lives in Atlanta that was going to go look at it. But when I asked them about it they said it was already created for shipment. The shipping costs was to be paid by them. Keep your eye on this auction I am sure it will disappear as well. It came up yesterday on my watchlist but before I could get to it already been removed. Now it's back along with all those other items all too good to be true. If you look at that sellers feedback all the items he has on his feedback for the past three years are very small insignificant buys, not sales, he hasn't sold anything in almost 3 years.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
The 34' Limited has been pulled by E-Bay again...

Maybe we should take a poll to see how long before it reappears, under a separate category... Most of his "deals" had people bidding on them, which is sad..

(And I was tempted by the 36' Diesel Motorhome for $2900....)

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
If you check for that sale now on eBay it has already been removed, It was there just a minute ago now it's gone again.

I am waiting for the Hope diamond for $2900. I'm sure that's next.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
See this thread: EBAY SCAMS! - Post your found FAKES here
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote