Old 08-31-2006, 03:29 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Well getting tickets to the Jazz Fest would likely be easier than getting concert tickets to see JB. The best tickets always seem to go to PH Clubs.
The questions is where to camp?
I'm up for it! As a walking, er rolling contradiction my music tastes are all on Sirius. The first three are jazz stations and then Radio Margarittaville. Not that jazz came first but Radio Margarittaville was only added last year.
Let's keep exploring a NOLA Jazz/Parrothead rally.
BTW the (ouch!) in my previous post was because I arrived early at Margarittaville and while talking to the bartender happended to mention that I was the President at the time of the Ocala Parrothead Club. He looked at me and grined.... grabbed my Margaritta and threw it in the sink! He then said, "you don't wanta' be drinking that stuff!" and he proceeded to start making me some very top shelf 'Ritas... all night long!
One of my customers grabbed me the next morning and warned me not to ever do that to him again. 'Twas one of those nights where "commode hugging drunk" took on new meaning.

Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
I think it can be made to work.

Glen, I think it could be made to work. First problem we do need to confirm that Jimmy will be here in 07.

What type of Jazz do you like ?

Jim

1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I have been a parrothead for over 20 years now and I have every cd he has made, this was the first year I did not get to see him. I got to see him in wrigley field last summer what a time I had. I have started a club maned P.O.L.Y wich stands for parrotheads owning land yatchs. If you look at my avatar you will see a flag I had made up. the song I like the best would all of them. I listen to him all the time
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2006, 06:45 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Jim, my music taste runs the gamut but my very first jazz LP was "Body Talk" by Geo. Benson. I got to talk to Geo. at the Jacksonville Jazz Festival years ago. We used to go every year when we lived in Ocala.... until the cigar craze hit that is. Used to stay at the Radisson Riverwalk where all the entertainers stayed. Used to go to the jam after the show Saturday night....awesum nights, often better than the event.
I enjoy piano jazz and enjoy traditional 3 piece stuff and even some straight ahead jazz as long as it doesn't get too discordant. All that said and I am not a fan of Dixieland.
Of course right up at the top should be Carribean Jazz.... CJP...MJQ...Jimmy Buffett. That's why I love my Sirius setup and pay for it annually.
Tikihut, I love P.O.L.Y.! That's very cool.
I just love the idea of a concert rally. Having done so many all day, all night pre / post concert tailgate parties in parking lots, it would be a real show stopper to have a few dozen shinny Airstreams parked together.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Jazz Fest Rally Can it be Done ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe
Jim, my music taste runs the gamut but my very first jazz LP was "Body Talk" by Geo. Benson. I got to talk to Geo. at the Jacksonville Jazz Festival years ago. We used to go every year when we lived in Ocala.... until the cigar craze hit that is. Used to stay at the Radisson Riverwalk where all the entertainers stayed. Used to go to the jam after the show Saturday night....awesum nights, often better than the event.
I enjoy piano jazz and enjoy traditional 3 piece stuff and even some straight ahead jazz as long as it doesn't get too discordant. All that said and I am not a fan of Dixieland.
Of course right up at the top should be Carribean Jazz.... CJP...MJQ...Jimmy Buffett. That's why I love my Sirius setup and pay for it annually.
Tikihut, I love P.O.L.Y.! That's very cool.
I just love the idea of a concert rally. Having done so many all day, all night pre / post concert tailgate parties in parking lots, it would be a real show stopper to have a few dozen shinny Airstreams parked together.

Make it to New Orleans I will introduce you to my brother Fred. Fred is past president of the New Orleans Jazz Club, the past host of the WWL Jazz show, and a former disc Jockey at Tips. Fred made the first Black and White movie about Jazz in New Orleans and has traveled to England to speak on Jazz. Every Mardi Gras afternoon Fred hosts a party at his Garden District home with a Jazz ensemble playing on the Porch as parades roll down St. Charles. Of course it is New Orleans, Dixieland, and Traditional Jazz. I like Jazz but I really go for the food. Just another reason to make it down here. BTW I did get to see George Benson at Audubon park many years ago and still remember the great time I had.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 09-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut
I have been a parrothead for over 20 years now and I have every cd he has made, this was the first year I did not get to see him. I got to see him in wrigley field last summer what a time I had. I have started a club maned P.O.L.Y wich stands for parrotheads owning land yatchs. If you look at my avatar you will see a flag I had made up. the song I like the best would all of them. I listen to him all the time
Very Nice. How did you make it ?

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
Guess who just was inducted into the Nashville Songwriter's Hall of Fame?
http://www.nashvillesongwritersfound...fettjimmy.html
AIR#2276
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #36
Mom scared by aluminum

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
Couldn't really call myself a Parrothead. Other people call me a something else head, but that's off topic.

Love Buffet, saw him four times many years ago and am ready again. We have a Margaritaville biplane hanging in our office.

Favorite songs: Come Monday and Cheeseburger. Mmmmmmm. Cheeseburger.
dmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #37
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander17
Guess who just was inducted into the Nashville Songwriter's Hall of Fame?
http://www.nashvillesongwritersfound...fettjimmy.html
Saw that earlier today. 'Course you know he wore jeans to the ceremony!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #38

Currently Looking...
Lethbridge , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut
It would be better if Yacht was spelled properly, doncha think?

Does this limit menbership to older Land Yacht TTs, and so named named Squarestream TTs and MHs or are all Airstreams or all RVs entitled to join?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Anyone going to see Jimmy Buffett in Las Vegas @ the MGM Grand this October?

I went to last year's show - first time seeing him live. He truly is an excellent performer. He even joked about his troubles with the French authorities regarding his "vitamins"!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:58 PM   #40
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Well, well! You learn something new every day! Power and respect to the Parrottheads for their sterling work in supporting charities et al. KW is one of my favourite places and would love to be there for one of your annuals! Might I make one suggestion? Many of you seem at something of a loss to give a complete recollection of your antics! Perhaps (ducks to anticipate the reaction), you should drink a little less and remember alot more!
Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #41
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Sorry Moonstruck, you Brits just don't know how to party!

And this is coming from someone who is a more reserved American party animal who is most often the designated driver.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #42
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1986 31' Sovereign
1975 25' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
I beg your pardon? I resent that suggestion! Why, only last night I forsook the pleasures of keyboard tapping and took myself off to the local golf club where me and a few friends tried to get ourselves black-balled* even before applying for membership!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wellow.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	42364
I'm the low-slung, cool bass player on the left showing the manic young pretender on the right the way home! He, by the way, has been the designated driver for more rock parties than you could shake a stick at, having bussed the world's top acts all over Europe!

*Please look this up before you make any assumptions about what it means!