Old 08-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Hey Jim, not so much when but where??

Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #16
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Well, I am currently listening to "Buffett Live: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays". We named our Airstream after my wife's favorite JB song as you can see below. Mine has to be a toss up between "Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season", which is very appropo for the folks in FL today like my mom, and "A Pirate Looks at 40". Which like JB says in the intro to the song on his live album "Meet Me in Margaritaville", I have but that one astern.

I have been a Buffett fan since I first heard Margaritaville way back in college when it first came out. A couple of others that are favorites are "It's My Job" and "It's Saturday Night and I Ain't Got Nobody". There are too many others to list.

Our Airstream does have split personality--Tropical JB and Disney. What can I say, I have two great addictions.

BTW, Jimmy Buffett is consistantly in the top five grossing concert series every year (often #2) and has been for nearly 20 years. Not bad for someone who never won a Grammy!

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
me too!

I've been a loooong time parrothead (although when I first started listening to JB's music, I don't think they called us PH's???). An absolute neccessity on road trips during the early 80's in Montana and still today.

I've got most, if not all, his albums, tapes, CD's, DVD's and by now, my three girls and wife have all grown up with JB playing, all the time.

My wife sticks in some John Denver on occassion (and she is an equally rabid fan of his) so our music aligns well with our A/S.

JB and I share the passion for aviation and I thougt it fitting that I name our A/S "Hemisphere Dancer" after his airplane, a Grumman Albatross....lots of shiny aluminum and rivets too!

Haven't been to a concert in years but hope that changes soon...

Marc
Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Love Buffett

The first time that I saw a Pink Flamingo fastened to the top of someones hat, I was at a Frank Zappa concert. I cracked up laughing, and thought of Jimmy.
I have to agree with Minnie's mate. Of all of the Great Buffett songs Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season, and "Pirate" are my favorites. Son Of A Son Of A Sailor also rates high on the list. Jimmy said "I'd rather die while I'm living, than live while I,m dead". I agree.
Bob,
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 AM   #19
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhawk
...Son Of A Son Of A Sailor also rates high on the list. Jimmy said "I'd rather die while I'm living, than live while I,m dead". I agree.
Bob,
Ditto, Bob! The list could go on and on for me. I had a 12 CD changer in my last truck...all Jimmy Buffett. My current truck only has 6 CD changer so it was a tough decision on which ones made the cut.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-31-2006, 08:37 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe
Hey Jim, not so much when but where??
I suggest New Orleans. Well this could turn into something really fun. It would have to be planned out well in advance but sure sounds like a good time.

BTW I listen to radio Margaritaville in my truck a lot, Jimmy will turn 60 Christmas day.

I have a couple of picutres of Jimmy and Jerry Jeff Walker I shot at a concert pre Margaritaville. I will have to see if I can find them and post them. One is autographed by Jerry Jeff Walker who signed it across Jimmys face. I hope they are intact in my attic as Katrina did give me some roof leaks.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #21
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Thumbs up We know what it means to miss New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
I suggest New Orleans. Jim
Two adult parrotheads and one 4 yr old child parrothead who loves to sing "I've got a schoolboy heart..." definitely interested in a New Orleans rally!

Btw if you see an Airstream out and about with Michigan plates, a Margaritaville flag, (Parrot congo), a rebuild Louisiana fleur de lis, and a pirate flag you know its probably us!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Two adult parrotheads and one 4 yr old child parrothead who loves to sing "I've got a schoolboy heart..." definitely interested in a New Orleans rally!

Btw if you see an Airstream out and about with Michigan plates, a Margaritaville flag, (Parrot congo), a rebuild Louisiana fleur de lis, and a pirate flag you know its probably us!
Thanks for your support for New Olreans.

How about a Jimmy Buffett rally in New Orleans during Jazz Fest. Jimmy is a regular at Jazz Fest and plays most years.
Jazz Fest '07 Dates Announced! the 2007 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival will be held on April 27-29 and May 4-6 at the Fair Grounds Race Course.

On another note.

The local WBCCI unit did a Mardi Gras Rally every year. 2006 was to be the last rally due to members of the club ageing. I am sure the 2006 event didn't happen as it was held a City Park Stadium which of course went under water.I have the paper work on my desk to join the local unit which I will do. If I can get a few younger folks to join this may be a way to get that rally back. Mardi Gras can be a very family freindly event, the nice part dose not get the press.

Thanks Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 08-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #23
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
Thanks for your support for New Olreans.

How about a Jimmy Buffett rally in New Orleans during Jazz Fest. Jimmy is a regular at Jazz Fest and plays most years...
When is Jazz Fest? We are about to have the Montreux Jazz Festival here in Atlanta over Labor Day Week End.

I might could talk my wife into a JB concert rally if it is during the summer months or over one of the school breaks...she is a teacher.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
When is Jazz Fest? We are about to have the Montreux Jazz Festival here in Atlanta over Labor Day Week End.

I might could talk my wife into a JB concert rally if it is during the summer months or over one of the school breaks...she is a teacher.
Jazz Fest '07 Dates Announced! the 2007 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival will be held on April 27-29 and May 4-6 at the Fair Grounds Race Course.

Thanks Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 08-31-2006, 09:50 AM   #25
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
When is Jazz Fest?
Jazz Fest website if you'd like to see more about it! My family goes every year (they have an sob motorhome but do like Buffett!) they went to French Quarter Fest and Jazz Fest this year. We were tentatively planning to do Jazz Fest next year anyways, so we'd be up for that!! We'd also love to see Mardi Gras--family friendly version of course ! Any excuse to get back to New Orleans will work for us!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
Jazz Fest website if you'd like to see more about it! My family goes every year (they have an sob motorhome but do like Buffett!) they went to French Quarter Fest and Jazz Fest this year. We were tentatively planning to do Jazz Fest next year anyways, so we'd be up for that!! We'd also love to see Mardi Gras--family friendly version of course ! Any excuse to get back to New Orleans will work for us!
Not many know about the French Quarter Fest, glad you had a good time.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Old 08-31-2006, 11:53 AM   #27
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Ooo! Conflict with school. Spring break for us is first week in April. It's already spoken for though. Too, bad it isn't some time after Memorial Day.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Buttoned Down Parrothead...

We attended first concert when JB came to San Jose last year, and had misfortune of being up in rafters with folks beyond falling-down-drunk-and screaming... Left after concert and summed up saying "We were definitely not drunk enough..." At least two of the 6 slots in CD changer dedicated to Buffet. Did enjoy visit to Margaritaville in Key West last year also (bartenders can make Margaritas REALLY Fast...).

Guess I too am impressed with Citation Jet, Flying "Winnebago" Seaplane (The Grumman Albatross) and sailing... Similar hobbies, dissimilar budgets...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote