Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
In the first FBs the rear door would hit the awning arm if extended and you would not be able to open the door fully if using the awning when they opened to the rear. Now they open back against the galley window but the windows are stationary and do not open to prevent them from being broken. I believe Airstream offered a hook and eye jerry-rig as a door fastener for the awning arm to owners of those first unique units.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
Fuil-Timers

2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
We didn't want to like the FBs, we already owned our choice, didn't want change. Over three years we've grown to like the FBs, and even like the people who have them.

Chief concer, for us, is the super long banquette sofa. Not as cozy for two of us watching a movie or just hanging out, the two of us. But, we think the FB's sofa works out a bunch better for socializing with friends -- just feels like great party seating compared to our L-Sofa and dinette.

Everything else seems really attractive and well-thought out, as long as we can have gas oven AND microwave.

Comment on (4) on Bob's great list:
Our 25' CCD has converter/charger up front under sofa. Unless I'm in the dog house, I'm not sleeping over the converter, I'm in bed with my honey. Yeah, water heater is under bed. But it only runs 15-20 minutes a day and then only if we shower in the Airstream instead of at comfort station or have some unusually greasy dishes to wash. We keep it off the remainder of the day.

We're keeping our rear bed, but think we would be perfectly happy with an FB, especially the 27.

Jim Cocke,
International President
WBCCI Wally Byam Airstream Club
dreamstreamr.com
dreamstreamr.wordpress.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
My 2010 25' FB International,with Panoramic windows in front and rear, has the Converter/Charger under our bed.I can't hear it unless I'm in the kitchen...weird, maybe because the vents are pointing down the hall.... Our water heater is under our cabinets Next to the bed. I can't hear the water heater at all either. I wish I could know when it's on becausethen I know when the next person is ready to shower.

Every site I have been to the best view is in the rear. Back up look into the woods or over the river and enjoy the view. Makes breakfast and Lunches simply wonderful in the dinette. Also when watching Television, love the view while commercials are on...
I like the FB because that way I can have a quick peek at my TV if I hear someone messing with it in the middle of the night.

I really don't see any down sides to the FB at all. Guess, I just don't know any different.

Shane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronfalls View Post
Just started the research into AS after too many years on the ground. From a user perspective what are the pros and cons to FB and rear bedroom?
I have a rear bed. They did not make a FB when I purchased. They did or may still make one since. I would have bought the FB if I had the choice. It is out of my price range now.
Much better view since we mostly back into camping spots.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
Yeah but..... Lisa. Don't you end up with the utilities on the wrong side?

John
Surprisingly, we haven't had any problems. The power and water posts are often between the two campsites. We make sure we pick the one with the post on the correct side of our trailer. It's a actually better. I'll try to find some pictures.
Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
We went back and forth on the Fb vs the rear bedroom and decided on the 28 foot rear bedroom. We mostly camp in back-ins and like the privacy of the back-in bedroom and looking out the back windows in the quiet am.

We also like the forward facing couch and tv placement in the 28'. We like to sit next to each other while being couch taters on rainy days.

On nice days we are usually outside facing the best view.

As Rosenshantz sang; "It all depends on your point of view. What's good for me, may be bad for you."
Old 03-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Pulling in frontwards

Here are some pictures from our maiden voyage, end of May, 2008. The campground looks pretty sad because the leaves weren't out yet. However, we were ecstatic because this was our first trip in the Airstream.

We pulled straight in, unhitched, and backed the tow vehicle out around the trailer. You can also see our view of the river through the front dinette window. This is a great solution to our front-dinette problem. Also, the utility connections are on the correct side of our trailer. Had we backed in, we would have had to add extensions to our cord and hose.

Lisa

P.S. Don't our dogs look so happy now that they have an Airstream?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook May 08 first trip - 08.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	99053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook May 08 first trip - 09.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	99054  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlook May 08 first trip - 03.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	99055  

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
2002 Chinook Destiny | 1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Well Guys - The Atomic Pod looks Great as you all pulled in!

Everyone's got some great comments as well!!!

**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote