Old 08-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Montgomery , Texas
Thought I would give everyone and update. My yukon is in the process of being appraised and the total at the moment is up to $28,000. It currently has a value of $52,000 so the total repairs will need to exceed $39,000 before it will be considered a total loss. It will be put on the frame machine on Monday to determine its condition. The collision manager is trying to convince the outside adjuster to report it as totaled based on the time and expense to repair. However, he has also stated that he will not be able to repair it at his shop because of the equipment will be tied up so long that he will end up losing a considerable amount of business. So, if LM doesn't total the Yukon it looks like it will have to be moved to another collision shop. If it is totaled, fortunately I have a full replacement endorsement to my policy.
Now for the AS. It's still sitting at the storage facility in Amarillo and has yet to be appraised. However, my LM adjuster has stated that it will probably be considered a total loss since it turned over. So, I asked LM if the AS qualified for full replacement and they told me no, that only Yukon would be covered. I told them that my endorsement didn't specify vehicles and was an endorsement to my entire policy. A policy that covered my Yukon, the AS, and my wife's Mini. However, they told me that they would investigate and get back with me. I then talked with another adjuster on Friday and asked the same question about the replacement policy and there was no record of my previous conversation. He asked me how many miles I had on the AS. The endorsement states that the vehicle has to have less than 15,000 miles and be less than 12 months old to qualify. I reminded him that TT's don't have odometers. He promised another investigation. We will see what happens Monday. Every day is a new experience!

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Old 08-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
Wow, I am so glad that you are both OK. I am watching this thread to see how LM deals with it as we are insured with them as well. I hope that this is resolved soon so you can get back on the road doing what you love to do. I have seen tractor-trailer drivers texting on the highway--scarrreeeeyyyy!!

Old 08-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Claims adjusters are paid to NOT disperse funds and will look for any excuse to pay the least or no compensation. The agent on the other hand gets his commission by selling the policy in glowing terms that often do not align with the reality of a claim.

In my experience, the consumer gets the shaft in both directions - exaggerated selling to inflate premiums and miserly claims payouts.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
You appear to be concerned about your own insurance policy with LM (is this Liberty Mutual?). Since the accident was not your fault, and the other driver was charged, I should think it would be the other driver's insurance adjusters that you would be speaking to at this point. They are the ones that will be footing the bill.
TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #61
4 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Yes. It is Liberty Mutual. The initial claim was filed with them A subsequent claim has been file with the other driver's insurance. LM will pay the initial claim and his insurance will reimburse LM.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Claims adjusters are paid to NOT disperse funds and will look for any excuse to pay the least or no compensation. The agent on the other hand gets his commission by selling the policy in glowing terms that often do not align with the reality of a claim.

In my experience, the consumer gets the shaft in both directions - exaggerated selling to inflate premiums and miserly claims payouts.
Well, I'm sorry - but now I do take offense at this statement. Do you work in the insurance field? How do you make such a broad brush statement as though it were an immutable fact? I'm open to hearing your point of view, but your statement is - in my opinion - ill-informed at best and frankly insulting.

The vast majority of people in this business (whether Agents, Underwriters or Claim professionals) are wired to do the right thing. Every industry has some rotten apples - but your sweeping attack is unwarranted.

I have the privilege of leading lead the Claim training team at my carrier and would fire on the spot any trainer who even suggested anything remotely close to your accusation that adjusters are paid not to disperse funds. Moreover, I would quit on the spot if management ever suggested such a thing. It's called "bad faith" and a carrier who would engage in that manner wouldn't be in business very long. We've been in business over 160 years precisely because we honor our promise.

I don't mind if you don't understand the business, the products or the myriad jurisdictional differences regulated by each state - as I said before, it's very complicated. But I deeply object to your broad brush and false accusations of the professionals I know and work with day in and day out. I know first hand literally hundreds of heroic and compassionate interactions on the part of our Claim professionals with claimants and our customers in the midst of some horrific catastrophic events - some of whom now work on my team training others to FIND coverage - not excuses to avoid paying.

Unless you've got some specific experience that supports your statement, I would welcome your apology on behalf of all the honest professionals you've just insulted.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Woodstock , Georgia
In 50 thousand plus miles I of towing a camper I am lucky to have had one close call. To this day I still don't know how we were completely side ways though a ditch(seeing the side of our camper in my side view mirror is still in my mind) skid marks grass it was hard to forget. All cause by a distracted driver.
I hope you are able to replace the things in your life and be thankful for your safety.

The Streaming Gantt's on Airstream Forums
Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Steve, there are many reckless statements made on this forum, usually by people who are uninformed or have a grudge. Unfortunately, now that post is on the forums it will show Everytime someone uses the search function. And you know how it is, if you repeat a lie enough times, it becomes fact. Jim
Old 08-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #65
4 Rivet Member

Montgomery , Texas
Other than my disagreement with information as it was explained to me regarding the full replacement endorsement, I couldn't be happier with LMs response. They have communicated with me every day but Sunday since the accident. At the moment I have no reason to doubt that they will continue to act in accordance with the policy. Certainly there may be disagreements along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Pat - I hope things resolve well for you. Liberty (not my company) is a solid carrier. So sorry this even happened but am so glad it wasn't more catastrophic. I still think texting and driving should be a universally criminal offense with significant jail time even for first offenders. That they presume their text is more important than the lives and property of everyone else on the road is as narcissistic as it gets and it's inexcusable.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Steve, there are many reckless statements made on this forum, usually by people who are uninformed or have a grudge. Unfortunately, now that post is on the forums it will show Everytime someone uses the search function. And you know how it is, if you repeat a lie enough times, it becomes fact. Jim
That's why I responded in the forum - that attack won't go undefended. Switz's posts are usually very informative. Not so with that last one. Everyone is certainly entitled to his/her opinion - but that broad brush (like most) is just plain insulting :-(

Most importantly, just hoping Pat's situation is resolved well and there's more safe and happy camping ahead for Pat and all of us!! :-)
Old 08-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #68
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Pat... Offer still stands! Hang in there!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:42 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post

I assume you are generally speaking here as there are good and bad apples. But in your defense I have seen my share of skin flint adjusters. They always think of a way to decrease their payout. I do have to say they know all the tricks. Just 2 weeks ago I seen a Progressive adjuster not wanting to pay for a boat trailer that had a wheel bearing fail. The guy told the adjuster I should of known by your name to stay away.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I will apologize for my broad brush statement above in post #59.

I made it based upon my personal experience in a vehicle accident remediation process that still galls me.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote