Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
a Canadian RV Show

I hope I'm putting this in the right spot, and moderators, please feel free to move it it I didn't.

Just that what with the lousy cold and snowy eather here, there have been precious few things to actually do (other than reading Airforum, of course!) up here in Canada, so I thought I'd mention the only event that I know of here.

All that to say, I got an note in the mail from the Canadian Safari Condo dealer reminding me that this coming week the Canadian RV Show & Extravaganza is on at the Toronto Congress Centre on Dixon Road, from Thursday morning til 5 Pm Sunday the 18th. That's out near Pearson Airport. No, I am not affiliated with the show, or any dealers, and I don't even have an AS yet! A couple of near misses, but no strike yet.

Anyways, I will likely go either Thursday or Friday, since Saturday and Sunday will probably be busier than I like. I went last year, and it was my first meeting with the boys from Can-Am, the only Airstream dealer I know of anywhere near here. A very nice bunch, I must say, and that lead me to go to their London showroom for one of the seminars they regularly hold.

If any of you are going, I hope to run into you. Look for a guy that's 5'17" tall, with greying hair. If you want to get together for coffee, PM me and we can set up a time, if you like...

Cheers,
Aage
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
A couple of photos from last year

This one was taken at the Can-Am booth, and is meant to demonstrate that a small trailer can be towed by a small car, in this case, the TV is a Mazda 3, and the AS is a Bambi, but please don't quote me!

The fan and streamers is just for effect, not to help move anything

The seond one was taken in an aisle during the 2008 show, and really doesn't give much of an idea of either the size of the display area, or the number of people that were there. Personally, I was surprised at how large the attendance was, and how many mfgrs and dealers were there. It'll be interesting to see how many come back this year.

Aage is offline   Reply With Quote