Old 05-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylev
BradK.

We have a 2004 19 CCD and we don't have a switch like that on our unit. I question whether this is actually a tank heater only because I have read here that the 19 CCD tanks are suppose to stay warmer by having heat ducted to them when using the furnace. I think this is true for the regular bambi and safari bambi as well.

I would check with AS or maybe someone on the forum knows for certain about that switch. At first reading your post you were describing what I thought was to be the disconnect switch next to the dinette, just below the interior light switches.
Morning Jonathan,

the red switch, as in the picture, is on the fridge cabinet just above the fire extinguisher. The battery disconnect is on the other side of the door. We tried everything to see what it did, a red switch would seem to have some importance, but nothing either connected to power, on battery, furnace on, fridge on, etc. seemed to make a differerence.

As for the rear window, on inspection, I saw slots and everything for the push bars and thus was wondering if that got missed. You're right on about the proximity of the bunk and biffy wall though, that would restrict it. I'm tempted to try to rig something to get the airflow through there. With the upper bunk option, the side window does not open either. The 2nd fantastic fan helps a bunch with the flow but it would be nice to have that fresh air flow from the rear window. I'll see if I can come up with something fancier than the stick option...but that works just fine too.

b.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #16
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
spinyman and bradk.

Ah Ha!!! That's gotta be it. A fan cut-off switch for the fridge. A way to check that is the first warm/hot day with the fridge on, fan kicked in, try the switch and see if it turns the fan off.

We look forward to spring and cool weather camping: few bugs, not alot of other people, and less fan noise from refer when sitting outside.....

Let us know.

Jonathan

Old 05-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Heated Tanks?

We have a ’05 Bambi 19’ CCD and the switch to the left of the door is labeled refer fan so that is probably what that switch is for.

But Crazylev brought up a good question about tank heaters and I have wondered about that since January (when we bought our Bambi). Are the tanks in the Bambi really heated at all? The furnace in the Bambi has a single forced air output on the front of the furnace and does not have a ducted output like the furnace on larger units. I have searched the bottom of the closet and other areas for openings that might allow warm air into the holding tank area but found nothing.

Colo_StreamN
K0JEH,
WBCCI # 5630

Pikes Peak, Colorado
FCU
TAC CO-1
Colo_StreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo_StreamN
Are the tanks in the Bambi really heated at all? The furnace in the Bambi has a single forced air output on the front of the furnace and does not have a ducted output like the furnace on larger units. I have searched the bottom of the closet and other areas for openings that might allow warm air into the holding tank area but found nothing.
I have a 2004 Classic which is probably different from yours, but in our trailer there are a couple flexible heat ducts under a storage tray that's built into the bottom of the trailer's closet/wardrobe floor.

One of these heat ducts had always been laying with one end loose and exposed. When we took our trailer back to the factory for some service work last month, I asked the factory serviceman why it was left laying that way and he said it shouldn't be, and that the exposed, open end needed to be placed down beneath the subfloor to heat the holding tanks. So, he did this. I guess they never did it when our trailer was built.

John
Old 05-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

VALLEY CENTER , California
Refer fan switch

Here is a pic of said switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5723.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	21463  
Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Well that didn't work.

One more time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5723.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	21464  
Old 05-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Mystery Switch?

OK,so now I know how to post a pic.
Lewster,Why,do you think the factory people don't know what this switch is for?Or is it mislabled?Or has the switch purpose changed from 05 to 06?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinyman
OK,so now I know how to post a pic.
Lewster,Why,do you think the factory people don't know what this switch is for?Or is it mislabled?Or has the switch purpose changed from 05 to 06?
Ah...mine isn't labelled, just a plain old red switch. Perhaps Lew's wasn't either.

b.