Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
app

25' Airstream with a family of 4

Hello All!

We are currently looking at upgrading from a Coachmen to an Airstream. We have two kids ages 15 and 11. We have a 1/2 ton truck so we are limited to the Safari 25' series.

The model that we are considering has twin beds in the rear and a fold out sofa in the front (25AB).

If you have this size unit, from you experience is the 25' unit large enough for 4 people? Is there enough room in the front by the sofa to put an aero bed on the floor?

Thanks for your help!! Your input will help us avaid a costly mistake!

Al
app is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Al,

We have the 25' Safari SS and find it quite comfortable for the five of us. me, my wife two kids (17 & 13) and one hyper cocker spaniel.

The wife and I have the bed at the back, one son on the dinette, and one son on the couch. Although we haven't been away for an extended period of time (longest was 10 nights) we have never felt cramped, or on top of each other - including when it rained for 3 solid days and nights.

We looked at all the 25' Safaris and felt that the SS offered the best arrangement for us as it gave us 2 seating areas and the dinette. That being said, all four of us are often to be found on the couch watching a movie if the weather is particularly foul (see above).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Malcolm
Old 06-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Goshen , Kentucky
25' Airstream with a family of 4

Hello. We are a family of 4 (and our dog) and we have a 25' airstream. We bought it about 6 months ago in place of a pop up. We really enjoy it. My kids are 5 & 7. Our camper has the couch that makes a bed (where my hubby & I sleep) and then the bath is in the middle (which we love) and in the back are two twin beds (where my kids sleep) We chose to put the kids in the back so they can have their own space, that is where they keep all their things and when they are ready for bed we don't have to worry about waking them coming back into the camper. The couch isn't to bad with both of us. We are both pretty small (height & weight) so it isn't to bad. I would suggest you and your hubby lay on it first and check it out to be sure you find it comfortable. Hope this helps and good luck on the new camper. Airstreams are the coolest. Well in my opinion anyway.
Mom2abidrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'd like to mirror the comments made so far. The 25' is very comfortable and the Safari C aka:Safari SS has a bunch of storage as well.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Get a tent for your kids - they will enjoy the space and so will you. If the weather is truely rotten you will all fit inside.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote