Old 05-31-2005, 08:05 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
Looking into insurance and got a quote of $1000.00 every six months for insurance on the 2006 34'Ltd. Could this be accurate?
ouch! seems a little stiff to me, but yours is brand spankin new, also it could be a regional thang.
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Looking into insurance and got a quote of $1000.00 every six months for insurance on the 2006 34'Ltd. Could this be accurate?
Yikes!! I don't pay anywhere near that amount on my 30' Ltd.

Of course, we're up here a few miles north of you where everyone is honest, there's zero crime, almost no one would ever think of filing an insurance claim except as a last resort, and that probably explains why ours is so much cheaper -- just kidding of course. Actually, I added my Airstream onto my State Farm auto insurance, along with our home and several automobiles -- maybe it's cheaper by the dozen.

Also, do you know whether your new Airstream comes with at least one Fantastic fan that can reverse the air flow, and blow both in or out?
Both of my fans just exhaust the air flow, and I wished that one would reverse the air flow -- You might want to ask Airstream for that type of fan if you think that would be something you'd ever want, if they're not normally including one of that type. I believe it is also relatively easy to install a reversing switch retroactively in the type of fan I have (per Fantastic Fan personnel).

John

Old 05-31-2005, 10:01 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I love the skylight but to be truthful most of the time I keep bubble wrap foil in mine to keep the heat out. If you plan to spend most of your time in a cooler climate then go for it, if you are in the heat plan on getting your light from the windows. The micro convection seems to be the most prefered way to go.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #32

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenturnr
We have an 02 Classic 31 and are thinking about trading for an 06 Classic 30 slide-out. We love the floorplan of ours, but no dinette. The credenza/corner table is perfect for our tv. Where does a tv go in the unit like you have???
Thanks.
Jen
Jen, our TV sits on top of a cabinet just behind the dinette next to the refrigerator. Not as close to the sofa as the non slide unit, but not bad either. We had a 27' Safari without the dinette. It was the first trailer we ever owned without one. Ended up we missed it more than we thought.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:10 AM   #33
_

. , .
craftsman

took delivery on the same trailer 4/23 and i ordered the morning of the price increase but dealer ate the difference. disc brakes are great.

initially i ordered the gas oven but before production canceled and now am glad i went with micro/convection. they really work great for most baking needs.

selected only the rear skylight. with the 3 vista views the front isn't needed and when open, the vistas do let in lots of light. i'm glad i didn't get both skylights but would need the 50amp and 2nd ac to cool it. i've been using the trailer 27 of the last 34 days and the skylight lets in a LOT of heat. and that's with no days over 84 as a high. it is very handy in the rear but i close it after 10 am and don't open again till after 6pm. lots of heat..........the fantastic fans are great but if i were to order tomorrow i'd really go for the 50 amp and 2nd ac.

the solar works but is very little charging power so i still carry a honda 2000.

i opted for full vinyl floor and it looks great and is sooooooo much easier to clean than carpet. you should consider this change.

odd as it sounds, i added a 2nd flag box (to the limited package) for storing outdoor carpet and a folding table/chairs.....very good addition for the price.

the "leather" couch isn't leather but ultra leather which is a fancy synthetic/vinyl....still i like it and the glider/swivel chair, which i added.

the hickory wood in my unit is spectacular and knot free.

cheers
2air'
Old 06-01-2005, 06:34 AM   #34
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:

If you don't mind me asking, what company quoted that kind of price. State Farm, though not the best RV insurer, quoted me a price of about $400 year for the Safari.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #35
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I was quoted about $750/year by Farm Bureau. This is the company I have my home and two autos insured through. I thought that was high on a new AS. However, I do live in Metro Atlanta. Big city insurance rates.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
2006 28' Ccd

This one claims to be a 2006:

http://www.colonialairstream.com/newinventory/7773.html

There are some minor interior design/trim changes, and the new higher stoneguards in front. What's next?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #37
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Additionally, the new rock guards (higher than previous models) on select models also is in full swing.
We do mostly boondocking and those trips usually entail trips on gravel roads. I've installed flaps on my TV but am still getting some minor dings from errant stones that get picked up in my tire tread...

Twink mentions new rock guards for '06. I've done a search but don't see anything specific. Help anyone? I'm interested in looking them over for our '04 22' CCD.

On a similar thought, can anyone recommend what speed might be best for traversing gravel roads to minimize damage. My thoughts originally were to keep the speed low (<20 MPH) but later I thought a higher speed might change the trajectory of stones... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Old 07-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I have huge mudflaps on the back of my truck and stone guards on the windows and front panels and rarely drive off road. On a recent trip I found stone damage to the window covers they are pinged pretty badly and I don't have a clue as to when or where it happened. I would think that if you drove reasonable speeds where you feel that you have complete control of your vehicle and your tow you should be in good shape. I have a two mile gravel road here at home and I know if I go above 45 I am really out of control, even though I do it sometimes when I get in a hurry.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
You can cook in the ovens? I thought they were for storing onions and taters. We don't use it very often but its nice to know its there when you want to use it. Kinda like a spare tire, we don't use it often but when we need it there is nothing that will take its place.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #40

Fenton , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray
Twink mentions new rock guards for '06. I've done a search but don't see anything specific. Help anyone? I'm interested in looking them over for our '04 22' CCD.Thanks,
Take a look on the Airstream site. You will notice that the rockguards are taller. It's more obvious on the Classic line since you will see the guards come up to just below the curved windows.

If you look at my picture on the left of this post, you will see my rock guards are much shorter. That space between the window and rock guard can take a lot of hits.

Jack
AIR #56
Old 07-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #41
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Jack,

That's exactly where I'm concerned - just above the existing rock guards.

Do you take hits there too?

Old 07-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #42

Fenton , Missouri
So far none on the Classic in that area although I have one ding that came on the curb side just to the left of the corner window. I have no idea how this got done but it obviously was a small stone. It's too high to have come from a hit as someone walked by.

I did have a 3 or 4 very small hits on my Safari after 3 seasons of use. The most rocks I ever drove in was the road into Moraine View for the 2004 rally. They had just resurfaced the road with that mix where they lay down a layer of oil/tar and dump rock on it. We slowed down to about 20 mph and crawled the last mile to the campsite loop. No damage. Twink and I both winced as we drove that section of road.

Jack

AIR #56