Old 03-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Cool 2005 22ft CCD on it's way!!! Oooh!

I've got ants in my pants, butterflies in my stomach and bats in my belfrey. I don't know whether to call a psychiatrist or an exterminator!

Tuesday, Vern will be bringing my new CCD & Suburban 2500 down to Virginia Beach from New Hampshire. He plans to make it a two day trip. Everyone please send a kind thought that he beats that wicked storm that's pounding Wisconsin now. We are going to camp for two nights at the Holiday Trav-l Park in Virginia Beach, then move to Indian Cove Resort. Whew, I got one of their few pull through sites for my first stay
I AM gonna grit my teeth and learn to back this combo up - in a vacant parking lot when no one is watching!

Vern (53flyingcloud) is de-winterizing his unit and doing a little maintenance, so I'll try to help him while learning the ins and outs of this process at the same time. I just got my WBCCI membership card, so I'm looking forward to my first rally.

Insomnia.... plans for major shopping trips to outfit "Tin Lizzie" and some custom sewing projects:
  • First, take down the window blinds and replace the plain white vinyl shades with a double layer of Silver Lame' (La-MAY for you guys) freehand quilted together. That's a sparkly reflective metallic silver fabric that should look super inside and out. This is super easy, just unroll the shade, use a staple puller to take off the vinyl, staple on the fabric shade, roll it up and rehang.
  • Second, make a "virtual sofa" on the bed - so that it doesn't look like a bed when I'm using the CCD as a mobile office. This will be done mainly by making a very tailored cover for the mattress, and matching "pillow" covers for the sofa back - I'll stuff my down comforter, featherbed, and pillows into these. I'll do some experimenting with pinned up sheets to finalize my design. I need to come up with something that will keep the pillows away from the screens - toying with several ideas now & will keep you posted.
  • Third, slipcover the cushions on the dinette - with something that's easily washable. I'm thinking of using a pre-washed denim or a white cotton fabric that is somewhat stretchable and textured - sort of a heavy bedspread fabric. This looks like a challenge given the configuration of these cushions but I think I can do it using elastic zigzagged to the inside of the slipcovers - matching the indentations of the original cushions. I might make a fairly loose cover of cotton doubleknit, then use contrasting elastic cord and hand tie "garters" around each segment of the cushion.
  • I should do something - a flag or pennant or something to hang next to the door that says "welcome" and "the bar opens at 5 o'clock"
  • Order a custom doormat - "Martha Stewart does NOT live here." I sew, and I keep a reasonably clean place, but I'm not a gourmet cook or maker of all sorts of little happy homemaker crafts.
  • Drill holes in the bottom of my pink flamingoes and light them from within using fairy lights or a mini flashlights. OK I'm wierd, but deal with it.
La-la-la.... I'm gonna be dangerous for a week or so.

Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote