Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Edina , Minnesota
2004 Airstream Homecoming

I put up a poll on this that didn't get much screen time, so I will ask again here...

Is anyone planning to go to the 2004 Homecoming June 2-6th in Jackson Center?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Wish we could be there ... but we'll be in Oregon. Hate to miss it .. sounds like fun.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #3
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I'll be there

Guess I missed that poll. I had also started a thread on the Homecoming a while back, but got little or no response.

It will be part of a major trip for me.

Texas to Central PA first, to see my brothers and some relatives, then to Ohio the Homecoming, then visit my wife's sisters in southern Michigan (wife will join me there), then a week-long tour of the Michigan Upper Penninsula, then down I-35 back home. Close to a month on the road for me.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:22 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm gonna have to take a pass on this year's homecoming.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Travelling I35

Hey John, If you are looking for a spot to stay on that return trip down I35. With a short detour and an hour extra drive time you could stay at the Airstream Park in Clearlake MN. Check the website. www.airstreampark.com
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:59 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Forum Rally on your way???

Pahaska,
Wasn't sure of your time line from Ohio...PA...Micigan...back home. The Mid-west 2004 Forums Rally is going to be held June 11 - 13 nat Moraine View State Park near LeRoy IL. Stop by if your in the area.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:09 PM   #7
Contributing Member

Re: Travelling I35

Quote:
Originally posted by pyanke
Hey John, If you are looking for a spot to stay on that return trip down I35. With a short detour and an hour extra drive time you could stay at the Airstream Park in Clearlake MN. Check the website. www.airstreampark.com
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-16-2004, 09:11 PM   #8
Contributing Member

Re: Forum Rally on your way???

Quote:
Originally posted by zamboni
Pahaska,
Wasn't sure of your time line from Ohio...PA...Micigan...back home. The Mid-west 2004 Forums Rally is going to be held June 11 - 13 nat Moraine View State Park near LeRoy IL. Stop by if your in the area.
Thanks, but we should be in the Upper Penninsula during that time. We plan to stay there asl long as possible and then a quick dash for home.
WBCCI #9632
Old 02-16-2004, 09:16 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
ACKKKK !!!!

You guys are making me crazy! We've talked a little about going to this or that. Sorta feel like we owe it to ourselves to take one or two or three or four (and so on) in.
BUT. And that is a very big but there. We MUST be in Kalamazoo, Michigan, early in the day, on June 10, and won' t leave there until June 14.
The reason is the primary reason we bought a travel trailer, especially the Airstream; Dog Shows!
Now I know that is not exciting to very many of you. But we have had a great time since beginning our show career. We show in UKC, a fun venue with great dogs. And this year we have the number seven standard poodle in UKC. Any day now, her invitation to the Top Ten show will arrive. This is a VERY Big Deal in the United Kennel Club! Only the top ten of each breed are invited to be at that show! And guess when that extremely important, extremely prestigious event occurs? Yup, that's right..... June 10th! Followed by another three days of shows!
All of which means we finish grooming, bathing, blow drying, clipping, scissoring and so on (two dogs), on the 8th. That's a FULL day of work by itself. Then on the 9th we go to Kalamazoo and claim our spot at the fairgrounds. That should give us 24 hours for the dogs to settle in to the show routine, meet and greet friends and so on.
But it also means we will miss BOTH the Homecoming, and the Midwest Forums Rally!
Man! I could just spit!
Yeah, I know. But we really did get the Airstream for the dogs. Really.

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 02-17-2004, 12:52 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Unhappy Can't go - want money back.

We put our money down to go last year, then when it was postponed to this June we left our deposit in place thinking we'd still attend. But, we have a new grandchild due June 4th, and now we will be staying home. Can't miss that. I asked for a refund in December, just before Christmas, and talked to Andrea. Many follow up telephone calls, and Andrea even phoned us once, but still no credit to the credit card. She called because our expiration was at the end of 2003. So, we gave her the new expiration date. That was last month. After all the long distance phone calls, I'm going to have to write a testy little letter to the company. I wonder if that will work. This has been a mess from the start. Why is it so hard to get a refund? I wonder how many Airstreamers they have reservations for June?

Forrest
Old 03-01-2004, 08:47 PM   #11
Castaway

Appalachia , Pennsylvania
Be there, or be square!

I'm going! (I think so anyway, never showed up on my credit card...) They told me they actually LOWERED the price for the Homecoming.
Then on to Lansing.
First time I have ever been to an International Ralley.
Not sure what to expect at either gathering?
Poor Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Unhappy I'm gonna be a square

Gosh, I wish I could go, but it's not in the cards this year. I didn't write a letter, instead I called Andrea one more time hoping to get my refund. Phone calls were made back and forth, and finally, on Feb. 17th the refund posted to my account. Whew!

I will say that the gals at Airstream were nice about it, and I hope I didn't get too frustrated over the phone with them. Andrea, for one, sounds really committed to the Homecoming event, and wants it to be all it can be.

Hope everyone going has a good time. There is the factory tour and don't forget to stop by the WBCCI HQ nearby if you're a member!

Forrest
Old 03-01-2004, 10:05 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
don't know what it is but they don't want to let lose of any money. don't know if you remember my credit card company put the company on notice and i got my money back. don't know what you can do with your card company since time has lapsed, wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
also might send a e-mail to the president (huttle) of airstream and ask him why the hang up. i ask some of the employees that were at the Florida rally why .i didn't get a answer.
i have decided if i go it will be pay at the gate. huttel needs to look at the big black eye he is getting over the refund issue. if you really look at the program you are not getting much for your money. with all said, i have always enjoyed visiting the factory and if i go to this one I'm sure it will be a fun rally. i also enjoy kicking the dog.
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #14
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member

Ferrisburg , Vermont
We'll be there

... but not, alas, in an Airstream. The dates are marginal for me so I'll be flying in. Still, it looks like a great event. Looking forward to the factory tour and The Trailer Park Troubadours, as well as meeting some Forum members!
Airstream Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:23 PM   #15
Contributing Member

Home, at last, the real homecoming

I finally rolled into home from the Homecoming trip this morning about 10. After the Homecoming ended, I met my wife at her sister's in Milan, Michigan and we spent a week in the Michigan Upper Penninsula and then a day and a half in Door County, WI on the way south.

I had hoped to get home last evening after Austin work traffic died down, but we came through torrential rain yesterday around Sherman, TX and Dallas was much worse than usual and I was tired, so I tied up in a friend's guest spot at NTAC (North Texas Airstream Community) last night.

When we passed through the squall line between Dennison and Sherman, the temperature dropped from 94 to 71 with a mile. It was impossible to drive, so we waited out the worst of the storm in a WalMart parking lot. I'm thankful for rain sensing Fantastic Fans; there wasn't a wet spot in the trailer when we could finally get out and check.

The Homecoming was well worth my trip. It is to be an annual event, but I'll miss it next year although I seem to have convinced the wife to go the following year.

I haven't added up all the miles and nights yet, but I was on the road for just under a month. Longest day of driving was 588 miles.
WBCCI #9632