Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Send a message via AIM to JeepinAudiophile Send a message via Yahoo to JeepinAudiophile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
...I've met a lot of really interesting people, and gone to some places I didn't even know existed, and I have friends who are almost like family. It's something for which there is no tangible payoff, and there are tradeoffs to make it happen, but in this case, it is something that is worth doing if only to learn to sit still and enjoy life for a little while, before rushing back to our daily lives.
WOW- Have you ever been published? lol

This thread has taken over my work...lol My eyes are buzzing from reading through it staring at the computer screen. I have been reading forums for years, and this is easilly my favorite ever, I feel like I'm learning so much about all the people that I already enjoy at rallies, about how everyone else perceives the WBCCI, Airstream, and life in general.

WBCCI # 13657
++Take a look at my restoration photo album++
https://picasaweb.google.com/ChadsAirstream
JeepinAudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Currently Camping , Pennsylvania
[bump]

Doesn't look like anything has come of this, but what a great idea to have a spot on the forums for the younger demographic. Personally, I am far more interested in something when my peers are involved.
BrockLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #63
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
dade city , Florida
I think a "youth" meet or rally etc. should be discussed. I would love to go to one where I would have people near my age instead of just ones old enough to be my parents/grand parents (no offense intended) we are 20 & 25.

When it comes to events etc. I don't think money is AS big of an issue as length of the meet, and distance from home. As us "youngsters" are generally tight on time because of eagerly trying to build our future (at least ones who are interested in this type of stuff to begin with).

Just trying to help.

Tara & Chris
Kristara7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #64
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
Fort Meade Md. RV park slot 8!! , Motorsports Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TheBigRedTruck
I would love to do a singles rally!!! Find someone with the luv, for the road and all!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #65
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Send a message via AIM to JeepinAudiophile Send a message via Yahoo to JeepinAudiophile
I'm just dying to get back up north to Massachusetts where my poor trailer sits unfinished in restoration! SOOOO close, I moved to Fort Myers, Florida and have no place to park it here to work on it. I traveled in it as a shell, but transporting it with a full load of the parts that go back into it makes me nervous also... Anyway, I would be happy to stop in at a younger rally if it was relatively close to where I live. I see that "Kristara7" is not too far north of me. I have been somewhat absent from the forums as it hurts, I want to take my trailer out for the weekends but it is not here with me and not ready to travel yet! I would like to become re-involved with the forum and Airstream thinking in hopes that Karma can bring me the right situation that would enable me to get my trailer finished and get out camping!!!

WBCCI # 13657
Old 06-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Half Moon Bay , California
Hi Jeepin
Good luck getting back to work on your TW. This thread went comatose for 3 years, and came back to life.

We all do what we expect will benefit our situation, though it doesn't always work out that way. And families come first.

My 72 TW has a rotten rear end - one sheet of plywood and 6 feet of frame are shot, but I'm going to spend the whole weekend marrying new wood and new steel to the frame aft of the axles. Wish me luck.

And I'm getting encouragement from your desire to get back to work on your own project - these karma things are very contagious. jim
jsutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #67
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
I just put together a web album of all my restoration photos last night, about 700 photos in all! If anyone wants to take a look, go ahead.

Picasa Web Albums - Chad

WBCCI # 13657