Old 02-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
You're going to love the FB setup. It's great.

Dealer-Camping World and you forgot Walmart. Walmart is a great place to outfit a RV. Plates, Utensels, cups/glasses, Pots and pans etc.

If you are coming out to Ca. and let us know and we'll probably use it as an excuse to throw a rally.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
Congratulations! I think 27' is probably the perfect length. If they had an FB 27' when we bought last year it would have been the likely choice.
-KL

Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
You're getting such a beautiful model!
Your excitement and enthusiasm reminds us of how we felt during those months of production anticipation. We couldn't get enough A/S input, and we became so obsessed that I even stopped by a forum rally just to breathe the rarified air! (Amazingly decent and sane people by the way, regardless of what you hear!) And the fun never stops...Even after you get it home, you're going to feel so elated.
Although quality issues have improved tremendously, but sure to climb far enough off cloud nine to really check out and note those issues that will be exposed only after some use, then remember that helpful dealer only six hours away!
You're going to love it.
Happy trails!
Janet
Old 02-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfoxdriver
Well, that's the story and I'm stickin' to it. Thanks for asking cuz we're really, really excited and bustin' to tell our story to anyone interested, and, of course, chompin at the bit to start our odyssey!
hey neil that is a great post!
your process (truck and hitch 1st) are very wise... ...

ordering new is such a rush. once you get a firm build date, let the forum know...

it is possible some 1 here will be in j/c when the trailer is on the line and can give you a birthing report....

lets hope it isn't scheduled for completion on 04/01/07....

cheers and thanks for playing!
2air'

ok, we can't hold you to any photos yet but feel free to show us your truck or the haha!

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
From just dreamin' to conception! An Announcement!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
it is possible some 1 here will be in j/c when the trailer is on the line and can give you a birthing report....
lets hope it isn't scheduled for completion on 04/01/07....
Our 27ft. A/S baby was conceived today, 2/15/07. It's I.D. # is 521419. If the schedule is accurate, it will be "out the door" on 2/24/07. Can you believe it only takes 10 days to make these babies? Of course, there is the testing of systems and the usual QC that happens (at least, let's hope it happens and on a high level). Arrival at the dealer should happen in mid to late March. We still expect to take delivery in April.

DW and I are thinking about asking JC for a sonigram to see if there are any little hitches or well wells appearing yet!

If anyone is in JC and like to check the birthing process and let us know the progress, it would be appreciated...

Neil
Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Neil, Mr. Kitfox driver, Tell me you are not giving up flying to go RVin! How's that little bird do at Beaver Creek? Nice area to be low and slow. Enjoy best of what the world has to offer Aviation and Airstreams. DG

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Willoughby , Ohio
Congrats!!!

Congratulations on your new purchase!

If we had waited two years, we'd have gotten the 27' FB in the International configuration, but then again that would have been two years without our AS, so I'm glad we jumped in when we did.

I looked at the list of upgrades you ordered - good choices - especially the 15,000 AC - 13,500 is adequate, but in hot weather, the extra 1,500 will be welcomed. Which interior color scheme did you go with?

Just by coincedence, our date of conception was 2/4/2005 and it was finished 2/15/2005! We were lucky enough to be able to go to JC and see 'her' on the production line. The nice folks there took a few pictures at various points along the line and sent them to us.

If you have a video camera, be sure to tape your dealer walk-through and make them spend lots of time on it. Also, don't be shy about pointing out any defects you see during this process.

Our baby is in winter storage and it is exactly two months until we can go streamin' again - we're getting antsy! We've been to Camping World and have $200 worth of STUFF to add to our bauxite beauty!

Best of luck and like someone else said - post pictures!!!

steve & susan
2005 28' CCD, 2011 Sierra 5.3L, Equal-I-Zer
Empty Nesters - spending our money on OURSELVES for a change!
Steve & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Beaver Creek , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
Neil, Mr. Kitfox driver, Tell me you are not giving up flying to go RVin! How's that little bird do at Beaver Creek? Nice area to be low and slow. Enjoy best of what the world has to offer Aviation and Airstreams. DG
Doorgunner, Yes, I'm afraid so. I've spent many happy and wonderful years flying and one of the highlights was building and flying 125KF. I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life and RVin will be a large part of it. A sad day is coming soon, putting the Kitfox up for sale.

Steve and Susan, we have cocoa interior. We don't have a video cam yet, but sounds like we should be getting one...Thanks for the tip.

Neil