Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
LuLuTravels's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Big Rock , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
1979 31' Sovereign Land Yacht

Just got it! Let the remodel begin! I'm new to forums and a new camper owner who is very excited. Looking forward to chatting with ya'll.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2763499864.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	516.4 KB
ID:	189017
__________________

__________________
LuLuTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
m.hony's Avatar
 
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,832
Doesn't look as if much renovation is needed. Good looking trailer.
__________________

__________________
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
adonh's Avatar

 
1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,233
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuTravels View Post
Just got it! Let the remodel begin! I'm new to forums and a new camper owner who is very excited. Looking forward to chatting with ya'll.

Attachment 189017
Welcome. Start with the running gear, axles, tires and brakes first. If you are planning on hitting the road then this is the most important equipment that needs to be updated. No matter how good the tires look if they are more they 5 years old you need new tires. This will give you the opportunity to switch out the 15" wheels and tires to 16" wheels and tires. The axles are 34 years old. Unless someone has already replaced them recently they need to be replaced. You can order them from a couple of sources and get them loaded with new hubs and brakes. Check out the various threads on the forum on these subjects which will provide a wealth of information. Good Luck.
__________________
Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Splitrock's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,398
Blog Entries: 20
Looks like a nice trailer, congratulations!
__________________
Click on the link to see a picture of the Sioux River falls near my home.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...g?t=1278182564
Eastern South Dakota is very pretty with hills, rivers, and trees.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master
 
RM66caravel's Avatar
 
1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,286
Hello and welcome! I like pictures and even if it is a picture of a picture! So what does the inside look like? More pictures of the outside! are you renovating updating remodeling or just making it user friendly for you? Is the floor solid? I know so many questions..... but believe me you will be asking them soon enough! Again welcome and we hope that you enjoy the forum and working on you Airstream.
__________________
Gotta get busy! Have a great day! Now where did I put those revits?
RM66caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
Woodweavil7's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Southside , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 52
It's not to bad on the inside. The biggest hurdle will be changing the mid cabin twin bunks to a queen bed. Btw I'm Lulu travels husband.
__________________
Woodweavil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member
 
LuLuTravels's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Big Rock , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post

Welcome. Start with the running gear, axles, tires and brakes first. If you are planning on hitting the road then this is the most important equipment that needs to be updated. No matter how good the tires look if they are more they 5 years old you need new tires. This will give you the opportunity to switch out the 15" wheels and tires to 16" wheels and tires. The axles are 34 years old. Unless someone has already replaced them recently they need to be replaced. You can order them from a couple of sources and get them loaded with new hubs and brakes. Check out the various threads on the forum on these subjects which will provide a wealth of information. Good Luck.
Thank u so much for responding. Appreciate the information about the axels. This camper belonged to our parents. It's been parked for about 15 years. They put new tires on it but parked it. I am hoping most of the work that is needed is cleanup. We do want to do some remodeling inside. Daddy said everything worked when they parked it. The camper is in OK and we hope to go get it in the next few weeks then I will post a lot more pictures.
__________________
LuLuTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:32 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member
 
LuLuTravels's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Big Rock , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM66caravel View Post
Hello and welcome! I like pictures and even if it is a picture of a picture! So what does the inside look like? More pictures of the outside! are you renovating updating remodeling or just making it user friendly for you? Is the floor solid? I know so many questions..... but believe me you will be asking them soon enough! Again welcome and we hope that you enjoy the forum and working on you Airstream.
Lol! I know the pic is funny but it's all I got. Trailer is in OK and we are going to get it in a few weeks. Then I will post more pics. To the best of my knowledge from the last time I was in it the floors are all solid. We want to start by getting it user friendly so we can move it. Then we hope to do remodeling. Give it some updates so we can enjoy. I cannot wait.
__________________
LuLuTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member
 
LuLuTravels's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Big Rock , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitrock View Post
Looks like a nice trailer, congratulations!
Thanks!
__________________
LuLuTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member
 
LuLuTravels's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Big Rock , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Doesn't look as if much renovation is needed. Good looking trailer.
Thanks!
__________________
LuLuTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member
 
Woodweavil7's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Southside , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 52
Well we made it to Oklahoma to pick up the AS. Here are some preliminary pics this morning after we woke up.



And the new TV 2013 F 150, 5.0 2wd

__________________
Woodweavil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #12
Rivet Master
 
m.hony's Avatar
 
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11,832
You won't have to do anything to the outside. Pics of the inside?
__________________
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #13
Rivet Master
 
RM66caravel's Avatar
 
1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,286
Alright now we are talking pictures! Woodweavil7 wood is good but the rivets will test you on a regular basis. I have found that working on the airstream to be interesting and enjoyable in a way for me the tear down is done and we are starting the put it back together. When the plumbing is due are you gonna become the pex puppy? Just kidding! I told Jeannie I wanted a 74 overlander and she ask if I was gonna change the screen name and I told her yes th "broke2014" enjoy the project and make it your own!
Cliff
__________________
Gotta get busy! Have a great day! Now where did I put those revits?
RM66caravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member
 
Woodweavil7's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Southside , Tennessee
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM66caravel View Post
Alright now we are talking pictures! Woodweavil7 wood is good but the rivets will test you on a regular basis. I have found that working on the airstream to be interesting and enjoyable in a way for me the tear down is done and we are starting the put it back together. When the plumbing is due are you gonna become the pex puppy? Just kidding! I told Jeannie I wanted a 74 overlander and she ask if I was gonna change the screen name and I told her yes th "broke2014" enjoy the project and make it your own!
Cliff
Yes I'm sure all repairs will be PEX.
__________________

__________________
Woodweavil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sovereign


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Used 1979 Airstream Sovereign eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 11-27-2011 11:50 PM
buy 1979 International Sovereign? anitastream Trailer Values 0 07-24-2011 11:39 PM
Vintage 1979 31ft AIRSTREAM Sovereign Travel Trailer RV eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-09-2011 10:50 AM
Vintage 1979 31ft AIRSTREAM Sovereign Travel Trailer RV eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 05-16-2011 03:00 PM
1979 airstream sovereign project trailer eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 03-05-2011 04:50 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.