Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
1966 21' Airstream for Sale

I looked at a 1966 21' Airstream, located in central Maine, that was listed in Uncle Henry's Swap or Sell It Guide last week with a firm price of $2500. In my opinion the trailer was ripe for restoration, with a reasonably good body shell. I only saw one small dent, with minor creasing, just rearward of the left front side window. Inside access to this dent location was easy - by simply removing one small interior panel about 18" x 18" in size. Everything was still there, including the old hydraulic brake system. The Owner had the unit sitting on jacks placed under the axle - so whether or not the tires held air would be questionable. I'm sure that the axles are shot - but it might manage a short trip to a new home??? I could not easily detect any softness in the floor (---no icepick examination was made) and it did not appear that there had been significant leakage from the roof. Supposingly, the trailer had been stored inside up until about a year or so ago. There were several, non original additions - but none that appeared to significantly alter the original interior furnishings or the original exterior shell. From what I could see of the roof - primarily the edge panels - it looked to be undamaged. The enclosed belly pan appeared to still be reasonably intact. It had a vintage DuoTherm A/C mounted with a hugh electric heater bolted to the ceiling somehow over the front dinette. For the record - and not knowing if there where any alternate floorplans - this unit has the rear bath with the side gaucho and the front dinette. I was looking the unit over for my son but he simply doesn't have the time for a project of this magnitude. Is anyone else interested?

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Hello Cracker-

Did you take any pictures? I have four AS's lined up right now so one more won't really matter. Sandi is going to kill me before the Wedding Rally anyway!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags