Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2015, 04:52 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
I am a cheap sucker ,I guess, all I do after every trip is wash it with a good car wash soap ,and put it under the lean to along my shop, it looks fine
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
My 76 AS has sunburn on top from being parked East To West since new, rest looks very good as people cannot believe it's that old. I never washed or waxed for over 35 yrs. now. Washed roof top one time in it's life, def. sunburn there, will paint with bus coat white when get enough nerve to do it. When I wash use turtle wax soap and wax in one also another brand, have waxed w/turtle liq.wax car polish one time last year, have advantage as live in rural area not much pollution. I used walbernize when first came on market, and blue coral, simonize when younger, now just go with the flow as it comes, but so much rain and humidity must wash to clean up green algae before take out again.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2000 28' Excella
Wasaga Beach , Ontario
$1,863 (plus tax) to Walbernize my Trailer - HA!

Hi,
Well, you think your prices are nuts check out what CanAm (London, Ontario, Canada dealer) quoted me for my 2000, 28 foot Excella: "To have the complete trailer striped, polished and recoated, then resealed would be approx. 11,000.00(CDN) plus taxes (Provincial: 8% & Federal: 5%, yes 13% total). Even thou the staining is polished, once the new clear coat is applied you will still have the outline of it. If the roof requires stripping and painting it would be and additional $1200.00 plus taxes".
Obviously I will be doing it my self. The stuff I use is Socar Sealant for Automotive & RV Protective Sealant @ $22.88 plus taxes, I have used the last three years and it easy wipe on and off as long as you do it before the sun hits the trailer.
The Canada prices makes your US prices look good, LOL.
Wishing you luck on your quest for information.
Best Regards,
Robert from Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada.
robertlesica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:00 PM   #24
NOAZRK

2004 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Kutztown , Pennsylvania
I've been using GLARE polish for about 4 years. It would be nice to hear if anyone has compared - GLARE vs. LIQUID GLASS.
NOAZRK2690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Walbernize or New Coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoublTrouble View Post
If I'd have to guess, the dealer is selling Trident. My dealer was "pitching" it also. The price sounds like what I was quoted as well. I passed on it . Many discussions about wax, LG , Walbernize, Griot's. And that is another "can o' worms".
My dealer was selling a used unit taken on a trade that had the 'blight'. Aluminum under the coating was corroding (salt?). They said the coating could be removed and replaced at about that price per foot. It wasn't Walbernize. They practically gave the trailer away to avoid having to deal with that. I would guess that this is what they were selling. I got a bottle of Walbernize for $16 the other day.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamRollin View Post
Have started using on my cars and truck " ICE " by Turtle Wax. It's a spray on, wipe off type of synthetic polymer. It leave such a nice shine was thinking about using on the AS. Has anyone used this before on theirs?

Jim
I use ICE too. I apply mine with the sponge applicator. It wipes off easily and polishes up nicely. What I REALLY like about ICE when doing a car is that it is designed to be used on rubber and plastic trim. When I was a kid, I had to be very careful around these as they would get that white look whenever touched by wax.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:22 AM   #27

2012 30' Classic
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamRollin View Post
Have started using on my cars and truck " ICE " by Turtle Wax. It's a spray on, wipe off type of synthetic polymer. It leave such a nice shine was thinking about using on the AS. Has anyone used this before on theirs?

Jim
I use the paste version of "ICE" on my truck. I've Walbernized the AS and liked the results, except I was not able to get a uniform, non swirly appearance on the front stainless steel rock guards. I used "ICE" on them, and they look great. No more swirly marks.

Dave
Toledopidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
I hear on that, ICE works on everything, plastic, rubber, and I really like how it repells water and dirt on the windows. Next it's going on the AS.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #29
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
I have a 1987 Mercedes with clear coat that looks scratched and swirled from age. The damage is too deep to buff out. The liquid Turtle Wax Ice makes it look good for a while. I believe it simply washes off over time.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote