Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Roof
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Montgomery , Texas
That’s terrible to hear, no real excuses for letting that get off the assembly line or the dealer lot with issues like that. It’s not like you’re digging to find problems—they’re obvious to anyone that can fog a mirror. Keep calm and keep us posted.

I gather that the dealer has been cool to work with, but getting Jackson Center fully up to date on the situation may be help in some fashion.

Dave
DaveMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #22
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
I wonder if other ducted a/c Airstreams are done the same way?

And there’s still the fact that this might not be the source of the water that’s coming from the ceiling. It might be the condensation drainage proper isn’t up to spec..

I actually got more water to come out by cranking the a/c for a while... I noticed a relatively small amount draining out of the street side wheel well comparatively... makes me wonder.

Earlier I had kinda gotten it all out by continuously pressing the ceiling panels to allow the water out onto bags/towels...

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #23
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Dave I share your thoughts. I’ve been putting the grills back in the duct vents since November but didn’t stop to look closer, blaming fading near visual acuity on this one.!!

Must be the first person to experience this issue, certainly haven’t seen mention of it before in my delving into the back posts. Fascinating...

Or maybe I’m still a horrible search box user.

Hmm.

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
Old 04-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #24
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
The dealer concurs that the seals have been fixed and followed up on my theory about a condensation issue. They opened up the ceiling where it was leaking and found water but swear it ain’t the roof. Apparently the issue now is how to respond and since it’s a warranty issue coordinating every step with Airstream is required, so it’s slow but steady progress. They’re hung up now it seems, the service advisor says something to the effect that there’s indecision involved with the authorization from higher up. Dunno what to do because nothing’s happening, and fast.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #25
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi wave man,

We're sorry to learn about the leak you described in your 2018 25' Flying Cloud. Please call our customer service and technical support team at*1 (877) 596-6111, option 2 so we can learn more and help.

Thanks.

Called again 4/03 to get a better understanding of how the process works, too late in the evening maybe so I left a message. Appreciated the outreach and look forward to gaining some insight into the way Airstream resolves these issues.

So far it’s been great and I can’t complain too loudly, I mean everything is getting fixed and without any real hassle or grief. I do believe this to be a company trying to do right, and I’m pleased [emoji1]
Regards-Brian

Old 04-04-2018, 03:19 PM   #26
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
..and they called me back to make sure I was happy and that we were all on the same sheet of music for progress and so on... very nice to fill in the blanks and see how things go. Keeps things in perspective and shows good will as I see it. ☺

Old 04-08-2018, 04:32 PM   #27
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Now it would be nice to see something, anything, be done to address the water issue over the bed. Here since 3/23 waiting and still haven’t actually been informed of what is planned to address the issue. Just that each side is doing their part...? Except for the part about maintaining communications with the owner/customer... the dealer takes the hit here. I’m trying to be patient and not get in the way but.. ya know. 🤨

Old 04-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #28
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Sad to hear your troubles.. not much help to offer... I fix my own stuff and that guy is a nuisance

Gasket uneven tightening....or insufficient... our Penguin came with incorrect factory bolts!!! Took a year to get sorted.

Then with ducting.... once water inside it can come out for a while. Try tilting the AS bow up/down... etc. make sure the rig is secure and the stabilizers are not deployed.

So,’when are you going to the Mothership?? Or are they sending out the Cyloms to resolve?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:27 AM   #29
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Thanks for the comments cwf , ya got me thinking about the water/ducting. Might it be the simple explanation here that is the answer!?

Would make me feel a lot better because this is going nowhere fast and it could be a valid explanation!

I may just tell em to seal up the ceiling and I’ll give her a trial for a bit, a second chance...

It may be that there’s a disagreement over the remedy and actual execution of the remedy, between Airstream & dealer... something the service manager said the other day got me thinking [emoji848]

Umm Cycloms?

Old 04-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #30
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Cylons... not Cyloms... sorry. Cylons were pretty good with metal rework...and destruction..
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #31
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
They're sposed to be up in it again today following some recommendations from Airstream... we'll see

Old 04-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #32
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Well, I departed the dealer lot on Thursday to try to make it to my usual resting place before dark. Almost didn’t make it because one of the pigtails on the LP tanks started audibly leaking when they gave me a courtesy refill (because the faulty fridge heating element caused me to burn LP for the past 5 months). They did upgrade my pigtails when they replaced both, shiny mesh sheathed ones now [emoji3]

The same day the large ventilation fan over the dinette stated blowing fuses and two screws fell out of overhead cabinet latch apparatuses, they’ll need glue or the matchstick fix or they’ll fall out again...

Boredom certainly isn’t gonna be an issue with this adventure I’ve chosen to begin [emoji38]

Old 04-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #33
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Dang! You sure having a run of bad luck. Hang in there.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #34
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
It’s too nice to give up without a fight! Besides, that’s life right? When there’s no hardship I’ll be in a better place..