Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Snoqualmie , Washington
I'm just finishing painting the roof of our 72 Argosy with Hyperseal. We live in the PNW and my reason for using this product is not to keep the heat down but to protect the roof from leaks. The one of the previous owners did some dicey patch jobs which I repaired before applying the Hyperseal. I've used this product on a couple of commercial buildings and was very impressed. I called the factory to confirm it could be used on an aluminum trailer, and actually got to speak with the gentleman that invented Hyperseal! I'll post some pics when it's all done. Here's a link to the website Hyperseal Inc - Cool Roof Coatings, Rubber Paints, Zinc Flake

Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
San Bernardino , California
GlenCoombe has the right idea but you need to take it a step further. You need to appily three coats of paint, the last coat is mixed 50/50 with high gloss clear. Then appily a gloss coat over that. We do this on boats all the time and it will leave a white top that will last 10 years.
Rick N

Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryFly View Post
I'm just finishing painting the roof of our 72 Argosy with Hyperseal. We live in the PNW and my reason for using this product is not to keep the heat down but to protect the roof from leaks. The one of the previous owners did some dicey patch jobs which I repaired before applying the Hyperseal. I've used this product on a couple of commercial buildings and was very impressed. I called the factory to confirm it could be used on an aluminum trailer, and actually got to speak with the gentleman that invented Hyperseal! I'll post some pics when it's all done. Here's a link to the website Hyperseal Inc - Cool Roof Coatings, Rubber Paints, Zinc Flake
interesting product....thanks for the link, we ar also looking for options for our new project. please get some pics up whenever you can....we all love pics

2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote