Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Roof
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1989 34' Limited
Mont St-Hilaire , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeterman View Post
where do you get the Vulcum 801 and the costs
thanks
Hi there here is a list of supply store in NC
Representatives/Distributors in Your Area - Tremco Commercial Sealants & Weatherproofing
that most probably don't carry in stock but can order for sure. North of the border , iit is only sold in 5 gal pails (wayyyy more than you need) but this product will grow on you! You will want to put it everywhere. The price? since i am not aware of the US price, don't quote me on this, but suspect a 300$ ish (probably lower) for a 5 gal pail. Hope this help.
HappyCampeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Leesburg , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys View Post
Our 1974 Tradewind has an elastomeric coating on it. It was painted on right above the awning rail so it's not very noticeable at first glance. We don't know how long it's been on the roof-all we know is that we hate it! Hate it! It's peeling off in large patches in places and whenever we wash the trailer the white pigment drips down the sides making it very challenging to dry it. We'd love to take it all off, but the coating that isn't peeling seems bound and determined to stay on.

We hope this helps. Good luck with your decision.
I've been toying with painting my roof too, and hearing about those who've done it, how to prepare and prime the surface and what are the long term issues, this interests me. Any method to lower the summer time temperature inside the cabin helps even if its just by a couple of degrees.

How many people would notice the 'skunk' look? and what would it matter. Maybe if we had a two story house, or lived on a bridge I'd notice. I see the grime and lack of clear coat whenever the step ladders are out.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Stone Mountain , Georgia
Thanks for the picture '84 Soverign, I too have a couple of leaks in our '78 Argosy and was not sure where to 'end' the paint so as not to see it too much. I will consider masking off as well. Looks like Kool Seal is a good choice, but suddenly Lowe's here in Atlanta no longer sell it. Their site shows other dealers, but none close by. Any other brand suggestions out there?

Towed by 2016 Ford F-150
Tin Can Tourist
TAC #GA-27
AIR #34930
KAYAKAMPERS is offline   Reply With Quote