Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Roof
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

marion , Illinois
carry a pod on top??

With every camper we have had, I have been able to put a fiberglass pod on top for lawn chairs etc.
Now that I have an '69 Overlander (no ladder), it becomes more difficult. Guess I'll buy the collapsible ladder at Sam's, but how do the rest of you attach a pod to the top? Or, is it even advisable?

Problem number two: The man that had the unit before me carried the trailer spare in his PU. I'm not thrilled about this solution. Where did the manufacturer put this spare originally?

Problem three: A 20lb propane bottle can readily be exchanged for one meeting the new standard at many places.
What about the 30 lb bottles? Is there a place that is exchanging them or do I have to get the valve replaced or buy new bottles?

Thanks.
Don, Kay and Max the Mastiff

'69 Overlander
'69 Avion Slide-In
'96 Starcraft Pop-up

You can never have too many campers
pebblepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 09:05 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1983 27' Excella
Airstreamville , Kansas
Don,
As far as I know there is no provision on the trailers for any weight carrying capacity on the roof so I would say no but maybe someone with a classic motorhome would know more. You should be careful climbing on the roof as you can dent the panels unless you walk on the crossmembers.
There is a spare tire mod that would fit the spare under the front A frame under the belly, a dealer can do this for you.

John
83Excella is offline   Reply With Quote

« - | Top | Roof coating »