Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Tino

Currently Looking...
Blainville , Quebec
2013 Roof sealant

Hello, Today i look at my new Airstrean roof and imwant to do some touch up at de sealant around the fantastic fan. It seems to be silicon but i am not sure! Some one not what kind of sealant it is? Thanks....
Tino643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Maryville , Tennessee
I am not sure if you have received you answer yet, but it is more than likely Self-leveling Dicor. You can clean the old dicor with mineral spirits anywhere you see cracks (careful not to get mineral spirits on a rubber roof if it happens to have one) after cleaning, just fill in the cracks. Here is a link to a video!

uhmazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Dicor isn't bad stuff....but it doesn't last! In a couple of years, it begins to dry and crack. I have been using Dicor for years....until......I found this: Roof Sealing | Sika Corporation U.S.

I have been using this SikaFlex 715 product for about a year now, and it has NOT exhibited any of the problems found with Dicor. I haveused it with great success on metal, EPDM, TPO and fiberglass RV roofing substrates.

I would highly recommend it over Dicor!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1992 36' Land Yacht
Maryville , Tennessee
Would you happen to know what kind of roof a 1992 Land Yacht has? It appears to be FRP (fiberglass-reinforced plastic). I didnt know if they came out with that type of roof or not and wanted to check. I am in the process of resealing and wanted to use the right/best product for the type of roof.
Thank you for your time
Richard
uhmazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Kanata , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Dicor isn't bad stuff....but it doesn't last! In a couple of years, it begins to dry and crack. I have been using Dicor for years....until......I found this: Roof Sealing | Sika Corporation U.S.

I have been using this SikaFlex 715 product for about a year now, and it has NOT exhibited any of the problems found with Dicor. I haveused it with great success on metal, EPDM, TPO and fiberglass RV roofing substrates.

I would highly recommend it over Dicor!

Maybe I'll try this product next time on my roof. I used 505UV. The product seems to work OK - but it's not self leveling, so the job looks messy.
MaxTow is offline   Reply With Quote